Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

nukedukem

Jun 23, 2010
First of all, thanks for this kernel!! My EVO is sooo close to being the phone it should have been from day one.

I'm getting ~42 fps with v3 and no tearing. Running stock OTA rooted rom. Touch lag seems to be slightly increased over the v2 of this kernel. I assume that touch lag and the fps are directly related?

1wingangel

Dec 20, 2009
Midgar
First of all, thanks for this kernel!! My EVO is sooo close to being the phone it should have been from day one.

I'm getting ~42 fps with v3 and no tearing. Running stock OTA rooted rom. Touch lag seems to be slightly increased over the v2 of this kernel. I assume that touch lag and the fps are directly related?

can anyone else confirm this?

jeremydk

Jun 11, 2010
Epson panel, v3 appears to have recapped me. Running stock/rooted latest OTA, and flashed with RA.

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App

spinkteck

Jul 1, 2010
I flashed the kernel but I'm only getting 28 fps n no tearing .with the tearing I was getting 54 fps

I'm running dc 3.2.3 , Epson version.

Can anyone figure this out?

acrh2

Aug 6, 2008
Running epson 003 hardware on the latest OTA stock rooted rom.

V3:
28+-4 fps.
The touch lag was there, though I couldn't tell if it was better than in the stock kernel.

Adanedhels

Jun 3, 2010
Columbus
Hey first time I started V3 I had the cap just like you guys are reporting, the thing is I had to turn the screen off and then back on to uncap it... seems like its a test version of the first Novatek screen fix where they had to turn the screen on and off to push the new code through. It works just fine for me after doing that no tearing, beautiful framerate, and solid preformance. Good job devs!!!! Now get us to the promised land of 60fps... :)

Tilde88

Nov 5, 2008
with the kernel 3 i get ~42fps... also have 3 touch points... no tearing... at first boot would not go higher than 27 but it also did not go under... i let the system finished... checked setcpu for proper frequencies...

works fine @ 42 now

bigbiff

Senior Recognized Developer
Jun 8, 2010
Hey first time I started V3 I had the cap just like you guys are reporting, the thing is I had to turn the screen off and then back on to uncap it... seems like its a test version of the first Novatek screen fix where they had to turn the screen on and off to push the new code through. It works just fine for me after doing that no tearing, beautiful framerate, and solid preformance. Good job devs!!!! Now get us to the promised land of 60fps... :)

OK thanks that got me to 41 FPS from 28 FPS. Weird.:rolleyes:

bcnice20

Retired Recognized Developer
Dec 10, 2009
south va.
Got it up and running great however this is no biggie at all just happened to notice it there still appears to be some tearing in the far left part of the screen its not even really noticeable to be honest

Edit: the tearing no longer appears in pictures just on the left side when taking video

Last edited:

nol3n

Jun 9, 2010
SA, TX
with the kernel 3 i get ~42fps... also have 3 touch points... no tearing... at first boot would not go higher than 27 but it also did not go under... i let the system finished... checked setcpu for proper frequencies...

works fine @ 42 now

Same thing for me...YAY!

Sent from my pimpdeck...

spinkteck

Jul 1, 2010
I'm getting 42 fps now I guess it have to warm up lol because when I first installed it , it was only running
28 fps.

l33tlinuxh4x0r

Nov 1, 2007
On your new kernal 3 and fps is sayin the cap is still there but my phone is running alot faster lol?

If you have an Epson panel you *should* be seeing around 43fps on the testing kernel in gears or fps2d

Im on epson and it still has the cap on fps and i know i have the kernal

I too have the new kernel and see no improvement with fps at least not in benchmarks. My phone is really fast though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    NOTICES: If you are noticing abnormally high battery drain and/or uptime, and you've updated to PRI 1.90, it has come to my attention
    that this PRI has been problematic for a number of people, often resulting in large uptimes and/or poor battery life.
    This issue affects people regardless of whether or not they are using a custom kernel
    Downgrading your PRI and NV to 1.77 has been reported to resolve this issue.
    You can find all PRI and NV versions by clicking here.

Due to troubling reports of battery issues possibly caused by the SBC battery charger modification, it is worth mentioning that by using any SBC build, you
    fully assume any and all potential risks that the SBC modification may pose.

"netarchy-toastmod" is a kernel originally based on the GoDmOdE sources (Courtesy of Toast) integrating my work on fixing the fps for the Epson panels, and as of version 3.6.1, also integrating a fix for the Nova panels that does not require the use of Evo switch or manually setting any registers, etc, courtesy of work done by AssassinsLament (Well done on the nova fix). Special thanks needs to go out as well to Cyanogen and the cyanogen mod team, as a number of bugfixes and updates to the kernel in recent revisions have been ported over from cyanogen mod to enhance the overall netarchy-toastmod experience.
    So what's in the kernel?
    - Overclocking Support
    - HDMwIn (As of 4.3.4)
    - Audio gain tweaks (read: make it louder!)
    - Fps Fixes
    - tun.ko for openvpn users
    - CIFS support (as of 4.2.2)
    - BFS (in select builds)
    - BFQ (in select builds)
    - HAVS (as of 4.1.9)
    - Assorted fixes/tweaks (that are sadly too numerous to list here)
    - An army of rabid naked bunnies
    The zipalign script in the kernel's modified inits is based on code in the Damage Control rom, and extended to check more places for apps.
    The Dalvik code in the inits is courtesy of Ninpo/Hacre from the VillainRom team (over in the HTC Hero forums).

mroneeyedboh has written a handy little kernel starter guide with a lot of general information about custom kernels and various terms you might see flying around (such as cfs/bfs, havs/nohavs, etc).
    You can view this guide Here

Current Revision: Stable: 4.3.1 - For Froyo Sense roms | Beta: 4.3.4

A note on multitouch:
    Some of you may have used my 5point multitouch test builds with success, others with failure. Research has shown that the Evo's contain at least 2 different versions of the touch sensor, one of which does not support 5point multitouch (but it DOES support 3point). You can check which sensor you have using adb by issuing the following command: "adb shell cat /sys/android_touch/vendor" and examining the result. If your result is ATMEL_x0080_x0016, your phone can support 5point. If your result is ATMEL_x004F_x0016, your phone will only support up to 3point.

Disclaimer:
    While these builds have been deemed generally safe, it is not feasible to account for all possible combinations of custom roms and uses,
    custom roms may experience some breakage depending on how some features are set up, as these builds are not aimed at any one particular rom.
    As such your mileage may vary, use these at your own risk.
    2.2 Kernels (THESE WILL NOT WORK ON 2.1 ROMS):
    These have only been tested against the rooted HTC 2.2 stock rom, they *may* work on the various custom 2.2 roms,
    but this is NOT guaranteed. MAKE A NANDROID BACKUP JUST IN CASE! :D
    If you get force closes on the camera, go to Menu -> Settings -> Applications -> Manage Applications -> All -> Camera -> clear data.
    -----------------------------
    2.6.32-based Kernels:
    Beta Testing Builds

When making a post about any issues concerning beta builds, please include ALL of the
    following information if possible:
    1. Which kernel build(s) (ie; bfs/cfs havs/nohavs etc) are you using with the issue?
    2. What Rom are you using?
    3. If known, what OTA base is your rom using (ie; is it based on 3.29, 3.30, 3.70, etc)?
    4. Does the issue persist if you go back to a stable kernel build?
    5. The issue being experienced (obviously ;D)

4.3x:
    To clear up some confusion that is apparently being spread around,
    4.3x builds do in fact work on all current evo models, not just the newest model.

4.3.4:
    --CFS builds--
    No SBC:
    4.3.4-cfs-nohavs-noUV-nosbc (No Undervolting)
    4.3.4-cfs-nohavs-suv-nosbc (Static Undervolting)
    4.3.4-cfs-havs-less-nosbc (Less Aggressive HAVS)
    4.3.4-cfs-havs-more-nosbc (More Aggressive HAVS)

SBC: Use sbc builds at your own risk.
    4.3.4-cfs-nohavs-noUV-sbc (No Undervolting)
    4.3.4-cfs-nohavs-suv-sbc (Static Undervolting)
    4.3.4-cfs-havs-less-sbc (Less Aggressive HAVS)
    4.3.4-cfs-havs-more-sbc (More Aggressive HAVS)

For older beta builds click here.

---------------------------------------
    Stable Kernels:

Universal Builds:

4.3.1:
    --CFS builds--
    No SBC:
    netarchy-toastmod-cfs-havs-nosbc-universal
    netarchy-toastmod-cfs-nohavs-nosbc-universal

--BFS builds--
    No SBC:
    netarchy-toastmod-bfs-havs-nosbc-universal
    netarchy-toastmod-bfs-nohavs-nosbc-universal

These use Koush's anykernel for installation and should theoretically work on -any- rom.
    *note* This is designed to be flashed over a phone that already has a working kernel of some kind flashed,
    whether it's a stock kernel, or another custom kernel. In other words, if you can currently boot up your phone into whatever rom you have, this should work. ;D
    The universal kernel also does not contain the tweak scripts of the normal build (ie; zipalign on boot and the dalvik tweak), it's intended to be a universally compatible kernel.
    This also happens to mean the universal builds will probably work on CM

For older builds click here.

-------------
    Rumors of my death are greatly exaggerated.

CFS Builds for 4.3.4 are up for testing, now with support for HDMI mirroring via HDMwIn, courtesy of Team Win.

Notes for Revision 4.3.4
    - HDMwIn support added, you still need to download the free HDMwIn app
    from the android market to use HDMI mirroring
    - Timer tick set to 1000hz
    - Unnecessary extra debugging turned off for public builds, should result in a small speed boost

BFS builds later, once I finish beating this wimax bug to death.
    Ok, this line of kernels is officially discontinued.

There's no point continuing these as these are Froyo kernels and people have moved on to gingerbread. Once HTC get off their asses and actually releases the gingersense sources, I will probably make a new kernel thread for that.
    Net, love the kernels btw! was curious if you plan on adding some code to the kernel to unlock the hidden r/w speeds of our sd cards?? the quick fix just isn't that sweet if it's not done automatically when i start the phone!

I just found out about the SD card speed issue/fix a few minutes ago. Looking into it for integration in the next build.
    In other news, the semester is done \o/

The ending tally for this semester: 3 A's, 1 B.

Now I can spend some time working on mah phone! ;D