Update 1.141.xxx

Search This thread

mrvanes

Jan 29, 2010
Utrecht
Seems only GEN1 devices are getting any updates at all.

Living in Denmark and have a GEN3 device, still on the original 1.105.01 firmware.

Not true. I had a GEN3 device (Netherlands) and just updated 10 minutes ago. All went well the first time after I had restored all bloatware. Rerooted and everythings fine.

Except for the large digital clock widget (3x1). It seems it reserves not enough space for the digits + date. The Date linebrakes at the month. Meh..

Last edited:

crummel

Dec 23, 2010
Well I got the update offered when I was in the office, and back home there was _no_ update, device up to date! Since those two locations have different providers, Arcor and T-Online in that case, I guess it could be that one ISP sees the update and the other doesn't.

As expected, back in office I can download the update while I can't at home. Seems Acer is offering the update through different ISPs in batches to avoid all users at the same time.

Now it turned out the the replacement-odex-files have an incorrect checksum - I'll have to go looking for different versions.

Code:
Verifying current system...
file "/system/app/LinkToAdobeFlash.odex" doesn't have any of expected sha1 sums; checking cache
failed to stat "/cache/saved.file": No such file or directory
failed to load cache file
script aborted: assert failed: apply_patch_check("/system/app/LinkToAdobeFlash.odex", "2b98c75691f041053a0b0285bd581e48b4f31abc", "e03b590c95bbfae5f3f8331954fae8c3259388bd")
assert failed: apply_patch_check("/system/app/LinkToAdobeFlash.odex", "2b98c75691f041053a0b0285bd581e48b4f31abc", "e03b590c95bbfae5f3f8331954fae8c3259388bd")

crummel

Dec 23, 2010
Now it turned out the the replacement-odex-files have an incorrect checksum - I'll have to go looking for different versions

Turned out extracting the replacement files on my PC corrupted the files because of a different encoding. Putting the ZIP with the replacement files on the tablet and extracting them in place made the update run successfully! Happy 1.141.01_EMEA_CUS7 now!

yock

May 12, 2011
Finely got the update on my gen3.
Had to unroot my device before it wanted to start the update it self though.

Other than that it seems to work perfect.

aurel42

May 7, 2011
Where is this log file held? I might try to change the values back to what they were before hand and attempt another forced update... thanks! :D

I captured those logs with "adb logcat". The log of the update process itself can be found after rebooting in /cache/recovery/last_log (root permissions necessary).

Last night, I was pretty sure that you and me were in a similar situation: we were offered an update, it failed because we had modified or deleted system apps, and after restoring those apps, we were told our system was "up to date". (I actually hoped if I waited long enough you would find a solution that worked for me, too. *g*)

This morning, the A500 offered to try the update again - they might have some kind of rate limiting in place that will block updates for a couple of hours if you try it to often...?

Anyway, the update failed again. I guess I didn't find the correct versions of those stupid "LinkTo*" files:

Code:
Verifying current system...
file "/system/app/LinkToAdobeFlash.odex" doesn't have any of expected sha1 sums; checking cache
failed to load cache file
script aborted: assert failed: apply_patch_check("/system/app/LinkToAdobeFlash.odex", "2b98c75691f041053a0b0285bd581e48b4f31abc", "e03b590c95bbfae5f3f8331954fae8c3259388bd")
assert failed: apply_patch_check("/system/app/LinkToAdobeFlash.odex", "2b98c75691f041053a0b0285bd581e48b4f31abc", "e03b590c95bbfae5f3f8331954fae8c3259388bd")
E:Error in /cache/acer_ug/update.zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted.

The SHA1 checksum of the "LinkToAdobeFlash.odex" I found is:
# sha1sum LinkToAdobeFlash.odex
e7b13d2d3fda9ef80cf54a225c8795bee9d22c5a LinkToAdobeFlash.odex

If anyone can point me to an archive of system apps for a 1.112.01_EMEA_CUS7 device, I would appreciate it.

(BTW, for those who are wondering why we, the idiots who have this problem, trashed their system in the first place: I used Titanium Backup to back up all apps, and to delete a select few of them - "Why would I need to keep a link to Facebook?" Depending on your language, Titanium Backup will not be totally clear about the fact that it doesn't back up system apps, only their data, but it will allow you to shoot yourself in the foot by letting you delete those apps anyway. I guess some of us lost a few toes in the process. By now, I know I probably should've "frozen" those apps instead.)

Update: Found all I needed, here:
http://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=601024&d=1305811570

Yay! \o/

Last edited:

sollie

Feb 27, 2009
In Europe build number : Acer_A500_1.141.01_EMEA_GEN3
is rolling in right now !!!!!

remark the last 2 digit's ..... it's not the .07

I cant install coz of this:
file "/system/app/LiveWallpapersPicker.apk" doesn't have any of expected sha1 sums; checking cache

Can you send me your /system/app/LiveWallpapersPicker.apk.

Thanksw

yogb21

Jul 6, 2007
Hi...my acer a500 got updated to Acer_A500_1.141.01_EMA_GEN3 in the Netherlands

It took approx. 15 minutes to download/install/boot and all went smooth.

Crsdr37

Aug 3, 2010
Concord
I saw a few pages back what I think was the link to the europe update can anyone post a link to the US update zip pretty please. Been looking all the morning
Have tried downloading the one on pg4 it is corrupt. The zip cant even be opened. If the poster could post a new link...

Last edited:

mantrajt

May 3, 2009
I also got the update here in Chile.

Just haven't played enough to see if things works as promised.

Hope they are preparing us for the big 3.1!

Enviado desde mi A500 usando XDA Premium App

JoKu

Aug 31, 2010
Somerset
I downloaded the above file for keepsake ;)

what I found is a bit strange... wondered if anyone could shed a light...

my Iconia -->> 1.016.05_COM_GEN1 ( Kernel 2.6.36.3-00001-gf991e5d )

I checked my system/app folder and found that it have 122 files ( apk & odex )

The above posted zip file contained 126 files...

My device is completely stock... with the exception of updated maps and flash version 10.3 upgrade...etc

my stock device does not have the following 4 files...

BooksTablet.apk
LinkToAdobeFlash.apk
LinkToAdobeFlash.odex
SuperUser.apk

The "superuser" file included in the above zip clearly indicated the device was rooted when the files were pulled & zipped...

aside from the SU file, why don't I have the other 3 files ?? I am completely stock so no worry when updating in the future... just curious and also seen people having problem when they were unsuccessful updating due to missing the 2 "LinkToAdobeFlash" files :eek:

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=14156648&postcount=19

wondered if it was due to me installing flash 10.3 from the market ?

I have no idea as to why you didn't have the tablet books app or the 2 links. I specifically remember mine having all three and I deleted them after rooting. As far as the superuser.apk, I saw that too, so whoever posted the files originally was rooted.

michaelh99

Sep 10, 2010
Downloaded fine here in N Texas. Update failed because Titanium had renamed hero of sparta when restoring it. Trying again after renaming to what the updater wants.

Makes me wonder what they changed in HoS that the checksum matters.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Tried your C code with Tiny C Compiler but the output zip was only 1k in size.

Attached is the java class file. You need to unzip it and you will find a xtract.class file, then ensure you have jre/java installed on your computer and you just do
    Code:
    java xtract < Acer_original_update.zip >decoded.zip
    then just unzip the decoded.zip file. It will work with Windows/Linux/Mac or anything with Java installed.

NOTE: THE ARROWS < AND > are MANDATORY IN THE COMMAND SHOWN ABOVE. IT IS FOR THE INPUT AND OUTPUT FILE
    Alright Guys in the USA. I will be posting the .img files to fix your device or update your device to 1.141.07 if you have either used the chinese update fix or some other various fix that left you with a different boot image. The instructions are simple.

1. Connect your tablet to the computer via USB. Put the boot.img and the system.img on your SD Card. Also put the Update.zip then use a file explorer to move the update.zip to the root of your SD card. Which is external SD. If you use Astro. (Alternatively you can just take your SD card out and put it in your computer to put the update.zip.)

2. You need to first push the boot.img

-Open ADB type su then hit enter. (your device will prompt for superuser you must select allow) Then enter the command below.

dd if=/sdcard/boot.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p2 (hit Enter)

3. Then push the system.img

dd if=/sdcard/system.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p3

4. Force shutdown your device when those finish (as your screen may not turn on.)Then hold volume - and the power button to start the update.zip. Let it finish (Your device will reboot when it completes.

5. Enjoy the fact your device is back to stock and you can now update when future updates release.

To push the files you will need adb shell. If you dont know what that is look it up, It is part of the android development kit. Second these 2 commands will push the files to their proper mount block. You must push the boot.img first then the system.img These files are for the USA update 1.141.07 :D

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=TNDCAYC8 - System.img

http://www.mediafire.com/?7b5llkk8bnmnd23 -Update.zip

http://www.mediafire.com/?3qahjh3twi6jc9t -Boot.img

I will check periodically on this thread if anyone has questions or needs Help. Guve a huge shout out to deckofficer54 as he is a co-worker and friend that dumped these files for me when I screwed my system up. :D
    Hi, can you just tell us from which ROM this update is made ? (for example : A500_1.105.01_EMEA_GEN3 to A500_1.141.01_EMEA_GEN3).

Thanks, this is important for updating (only from the same ROM).

USA 1.104.05_COM_GEN1

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA Premium App
    sweet, wifi stable, GPS, I got a location fix for the first time. I am happy
    I reverted all renamed apks (like Email.apk and Phone.apk), unfroze disabled apks, I even unrooted my Iconia, rebooted it prior to updating, but the update still fails.

I've deleted some apks a while ago, but restored those files from a backup, but only the apk-files, no odex-files, assuming that those will get generated.

I will try the update later at home, where I have my power supply. Maybe it fails because of running from battery.