Finally! A Solution for "Data Call Failure" or Error 67

Search This thread

erikivy

May 7, 2010
Central VA
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip3
First of all, proceed at your own risk. Poking around in your phone can cause problems if you're not careful. :)

I'm posting this because I spent quite a bit of time searching, but could find nothing that worked. I tried resets, updating profile/PRL, etc and none of them helped. I finally bit the bullet and called Sprint. After a short discussion about everything I had tried, a nice lady named Rachel had me update my data profile, which is apparently different than resetting it. You need to get into the SCRTN menu and the required EPST code is ##72786#, which is one that I did lot have in my handy list of useful codes.

After entering the code, you are presented with a password prompt, which is where you input your MSL.
2012-06-14_15-28-54.png

After doing so, you are at the SCRTN main menu.
2012-06-14_15-29-13.png

When you tap "Menu" in the upper right hand corner, one of the two options presented is "Reset".
2012-06-14_15-29-39.png

Tap that bad boy and you get this confirmation message.
2012-06-14_15-31-55.png

When you tap ok, it does it's thing and then reboots. When it finishes rebooting, it should start the handsfree activation process and then all will be right with the world....or at least it was for me. :)

mrrogers1

Jun 30, 2007
NEEEEBRASKA
Just wanted to say THANK YOU! Activating my "old" LTE which was already rooted and got this. Took an hour with a CSR and getting disconnected for me to do a quick search to find this thread. I called back, got my MSL and did this and BAM!

Thanks a ton for sharing this.

detcup4evr

Jun 18, 2010
Commerce Twp
github.com
Thanks a bunch, I am running stock Rom, but could get error 67 to go away with sprint tether. So I ran this and voila looks like that fixed my error 67 tether issue. Which also fixed my media link error 67 message

**edit**
The error came back after a reboot, I will fiddle with it more later see if I can make it stick
Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

wuestsider

May 11, 2010
Rancho Cordova, CA
A week ago I was getting the error code 67, as well as no data what-so-ever. No matter what I did (the ##72786# data reset as well as the ##986# hard reset) still no data connection (error code 67).

So I took it to Sprint, they couldn't fix it and ended up giving me a new phone. Basically, nothing helped. The Sprint tech. really couldn't answer what was wrong, so his fall back excuse for the issue was installing an unstable ROM.

Which was not true, I had ViperRom installed on the phone for about 2 1/2 weeks before my phones data took a crap on me

WUESTSIDER!

Sent with my rEVOLTe, the Family JEWEL!

chazybaz13

Dec 9, 2008
Spokane
An easy fix is ##DATA# enter msl, click data and edit the Active Profile from 0 to 1, commit and reboot. No one at Sprint or anywhere could help me. I got calls and texts fine, but data was a no go until I changed that value.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: b85chevy

gpz1100

Nov 28, 2009
It should be noted that all of these ## codes ONLY work on sense roms, not aosp.

mroppolo

Dec 29, 2010
Boston, MA
Man, I have tried everything i order to get native HotSpot working. Hee are the steps, as I know them:
  • Modify build.prop, adding the command ro.tether.denied=false
  • Reboot to recovery
  • Use TeamWin to wipe both Cache and Dalvik
  • Reboot normally
  • USB Tether
  • Turn on HotSpot

Still getting Error 67 every 15 seconds. Let it wait for 5 few minutes; no joy

I even turned off LTE (since it doesn't exist), nada.

Anyone with additional ideas ?

Thanks !

reverepats

Dec 22, 2010
Boston,MA
For anyone who has had issues recieving and sending text, what was the result of you getting it back and running? I called Sprint and they reset my setting within, this menu, and nothing working. Obviously im S-Off and such, so they said my last resort was to do a factory reset. id appreciate it if someone told me what they did...TIA!!

pwrmedia

Aug 5, 2009
Columbus
For anyone who has had issues recieving and sending text, what was the result of you getting it back and running? I called Sprint and they reset my setting within, this menu, and nothing working. Obviously im S-Off and such, so they said my last resort was to do a factory reset. id appreciate it if someone told me what they did...TIA!!

Have you made a phone call? Surprisingly, doing that seems to have fixed a lot of text issues lol

Sent from my EVO using xda app-developers app

reverepats

Dec 22, 2010
Boston,MA
It was the damn Airave in my house. Once i left the house, my texts came rolling in. Once i went back in, the texts failed again. So i knew it was the airave. Just reset it, and things are fine now. Thank god LOL

Txsrooster

Jun 19, 2007
Man, I have tried everything i order to get native HotSpot working. Hee are the steps, as I know them:
  • Modify build.prop, adding the command ro.tether.denied=false
  • Reboot to recovery
  • Use TeamWin to wipe both Cache and Dalvik
  • Reboot normally
  • USB Tether
  • Turn on HotSpot

Still getting Error 67 every 15 seconds. Let it wait for 5 few minutes; no joy

I even turned off LTE (since it doesn't exist), nada.

Anyone with additional ideas ?

Thanks !

I know i am late to the game..but what fixed my problem of error 67 was to put a space between the = and false.

tuscani1821

Apr 9, 2009
Austin TX
First of all, proceed at your own risk. Poking around in your phone can cause problems if you're not careful. :)

I'm posting this because I spent quite a bit of time searching, but could find nothing that worked. I tried resets, updating profile/PRL, etc and none of them helped. I finally bit the bullet and called Sprint. After a short discussion about everything I had tried, a nice lady named Rachel had me update my data profile, which is apparently different than resetting it. You need to get into the SCRTN menu and the required EPST code is ##72786#, which is one that I did lot have in my handy list of useful codes.

After entering the code, you are presented with a password prompt, which is where you input your MSL.
2012-06-14_15-28-54.png

2012-06-14_15-29-13.png

When you tap "Menu" in the upper right hand corner, one of the two options presented is "Reset".
2012-06-14_15-29-39.png

2012-06-14_15-31-55.png

When you tap ok, it does it's thing and then reboots. When it finishes rebooting, it should start the handsfree activation process and then all will be right with the world....or at least it was for me. :)

Yep that's a trick us techs use. Works wonders.

Sent from my EVO

Reactions: 00mred00

alex_camacho

Dec 8, 2010
I want to thank erikivy for this. I was on the phone with Sprint for a while, and although the lady was incredibly nice, she couldn't help me. I did this and instantly got everything working.

Note: this worked awesome for my Evo 3d.

Thanks again.

Jan 1, 2013
Indianapolis
Confirmed Working on HTC EVO 4G LTE on Verizon Prepaid.

This is confirmed and working on my HTC EVO 4G LTE, no root; running on Verizon prepaid. My problem was that it would sometimes disconnect and most of the time just give the 67 error code. I would connect sometimes if I got lucky and then failed. I have HTC Sync Manager installed by the way. Everything seems to be working fine. I don't even know what this reset does as all the info stays the same after I checked it back. Thanks

Jumpman64

Mar 16, 2013
What solved this problem for me, as well as a brief warning...

I have a Sprint Galaxy S, and when I did the steps listed here, everything was reset for me and all seemed lost. (could not call, text, number seemed reset to something like 000-000-0084) However, After poking around a bit, I went under Settings-->About Phone --> System Updates --> Update profile. After awhile, it updated and restarted, number was set back to what it was, so was username, etc. So, I'm sure your problem was long solved, but let this serve as a warning/emergency action post for others: If you do this, and then cannot text/call, try the method I described before taking it to a store. Also, I made an account simply to say this, I will probably never come back, so keep that in mind. Hope that I helped someone, good luck to any trying to fix error 67, even afterwards, I didn't even check to see if my error 67 was fixed (it always occurred when I tried tethering), but right now I'm just glad I got my phone to work again. Here, people, have a smilie: :cowboy:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

2012-06-14_15-28-54.png

2012-06-14_15-29-13.png

2012-06-14_15-29-39.png

2012-06-14_15-31-55.png

An easy fix is ##DATA# enter msl, click data and edit the Active Profile from 0 to 1, commit and reboot. No one at Sprint or anywhere could help me. I got calls and texts fine, but data was a no go until I changed that value.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

2012-06-14_15-28-54.png

2012-06-14_15-29-13.png

2012-06-14_15-29-39.png

2012-06-14_15-31-55.png

Yep that's a trick us techs use. Works wonders.

Sent from my EVO