[Q] Odin error during firmware installation

Search This thread

Ammar1

Mar 26, 2014
hi,

i got the international note 2. Now the model number shown in settings is GT-N7100. this should mean that phone is carrier free but when i boot it up, it shows the AT&T logo and it is filled with AT&T bloatware that cannot be uninstalled. i couldnt figure out what this meant so decided to restore it to stock firmware for international note 2.
i read the instructions and did it using Odin but following message shows up after i have selected the PDA and started the process. phone still works fine after this, boots up ok but the basic problem of software is not resolved

<ID:0/006> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<ID:0/006> Leave CS..
<ID:0/006> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/006> Initialzation..
<ID:0/006> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/006> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/006> sboot.bin
<ID:0/006>
<ID:0/006> Complete(Write) operation failed.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

read the forums, ppl suggested using odin v1.3, didnt work. please help me resolve this.

McLaren__F1

Oct 27, 2011
If its an international note 2 it should have any AT&T logo. Are you sure its the International Note 2? Make sure you have the correct firmware.

m.b.jikre

Nov 30, 2012
Pune
hi,

i got the international note 2. Now the model number shown in settings is GT-N7100. this should mean that phone is carrier free but when i boot it up, it shows the AT&T logo and it is filled with AT&T bloatware that cannot be uninstalled. i couldnt figure out what this meant so decided to restore it to stock firmware for international note 2.
i read the instructions and did it using Odin but following message shows up after i have selected the PDA and started the process. phone still works fine after this, boots up ok but the basic problem of software is not resolved

<ID:0/006> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<ID:0/006> Leave CS..
<ID:0/006> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/006> Initialzation..
<ID:0/006> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/006> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/006> sboot.bin
<ID:0/006>
<ID:0/006> Complete(Write) operation failed.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

read the forums, ppl suggested using odin v1.3, didnt work. please help me resolve this.
What is your phones current os 4.1.2 or 4.3.

cyberboob

Apr 4, 2012
As McLaren said... you either have the wrong phone or firmware/rom. You have to use the firmware/rom that matches your phones exact model.

Ammar1

Mar 26, 2014
Yes, but..

If its an international note 2 it should have any AT&T logo. Are you sure its the International Note 2? Make sure you have the correct firmware.

yes, it is the international note 2, the Box says N7100, the about device menu says N7100, but somehow, i dont know how , the firmware loaded in it is for SGH-I317 which is AT&T note 2's model number. Help me by telling me how to load its right firmware on it.

Ammar1

Mar 26, 2014
yes

As McLaren said... you either have the wrong phone or firmware/rom. You have to use the firmware/rom that matches your phones exact model.

yeah i know, i got the phone second hand so probably previous owner messed it up, whatever, i'd appreciate if you would guide me how exactly to go about restoing the correct firmware fot international note 2 N7100.

m.b.jikre

Nov 30, 2012
Pune
Current OS is 4.1.2, the latest released by AT&T for its note 2. when i open software update, it checks AT&T servers for update then says your phone is up to date.
Then you might have the AT&T logo on both sides of phone and under battery also. An if it's not then someone is messed up with your device before.

Do you've a rooted a phone?

Ammar1

Mar 26, 2014
Then you might have the AT&T logo on both sides of phone and under battery also. An if it's not then someone is messed up with your device before.

Do you've a rooted a phone?

no there is no AT&T logo anywhere on the phone's hardware, im telling you its just the At&T firmware thats installed on it. no, phone is not rooted. i have checked. now please just tell me the process for installing its own original stock firmware back on it. the note 2 gt-n7100 firmware.

m.b.jikre

Nov 30, 2012
Pune
no there is no AT&T logo anywhere on the phone's hardware, im telling you its just the At&T firmware thats installed on it. no, phone is not rooted. i have checked. now please just tell me the process for installing its own original stock firmware back on it. the note 2 gt-n7100 firmware.

Dial *#1234# from dial pad. And text here the codes I'll redirect you to correct firmware which you may used to flash official.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

m.b.jikre

Nov 30, 2012
Pune
Great man, your phone is AT&T registered. I suggest you to install Philz Touch recovery before proceeding to backup efs partition otherwise you may lose phone identity. From which country you've bought this phone you say? Post it, we'll try to give your phone a new life.

Ammar1

Mar 26, 2014
Great man, your phone is AT&T registered. I suggest you to install Philz Touch recovery before proceeding to backup efs partition otherwise you may lose phone identity. From which country you've bought this phone you say? Post it, we'll try to give your phone a new life.

i got this phone in Pakistan, and i should mention if it helps i already downloaded the stock firmware for Pakistan region international note 2. i just couldnt put it on phone cuz Odin gives a read write error when i try it.

also this is the first time i'm doing this technical kinda stuff and im afraid of bricking the phone, so please explain each step to me thoroughly . thankx

i have downloaded philz touch recovery, is it ok to use it as shown in this youtube video? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKfURLDlCRg

P.S dont know what efs partition is ..

m.b.jikre

Nov 30, 2012
Pune
i got this phone in Pakistan, and i should mention if it helps i already downloaded the stock firmware for Pakistan region international note 2. i just couldnt put it on phone cuz Odin gives a read write error when i try it.

also this is the first time i'm doing this technical kinda stuff and im afraid of bricking the phone, so please explain each step to me thoroughly . thankx

i have downloaded philz touch recovery, is it ok to use it as shown in this youtube video? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKfURLDlCRg

P.S dont know what efs partition is ..

Reboot into recovery by pressing and holding volume up+ menu and then power key this step will you bring you to the recovery menu.

1. Go on 'Backup & Restore' menu

2. Click on ' Custom backup to sdcard1(or sdcard whichever you have)'

3. Uncheck all options except efs.

4. Then after proceeding this backup your current efs_partition on sdcard or external storage which you selected in step 2.

Restart the phone, you notice it create a folder labeled clockworkmod on root directory, copy it to your pc before proceeding.

---------- Post added at 10:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:52 PM ----------

(I'm considering that you've rooted phone.)

Then install Mobile Odin Pro on your phone(Pro would be reliable if you found, sorry but I can't help this fact).

1. In Mobile Odin select an option 'Open File' (Select your downloaded file with extension'.tar.md5').
2. Uncheck 'Ever Root' (If you don't want root).

3. Check 'Wipe data and a cache' & 'Wipe Dalvic cache'

4. Then select 'Flash firmware'.

This process would take around 10~20 mins and here you go you done your phone flashing and official with warranty.

Ammar1

Mar 26, 2014
a

Reboot into recovery by pressing and holding volume up+ menu and then power key this step will you bring you to the recovery menu.

4. Then after proceeding this backup your current efs_partition on sdcard or external storage which you selected in step 2.

Restart the phone, you notice it create a folder labeled clockworkmod on root directory, copy it to your pc before proceeding.

went into recovery mode, there is no "backup and restore menu" or anyhting like the steps u have written.
did u mean to do these steps after installing philz recovery? because i havnt installed that yet, i saw the video and the options shown in that guy's odin are not the one's i got in my odin. (v3.07), so i was afraid of selecting wrong option and messing things up.

m.b.jikre

Nov 30, 2012
Pune
went into recovery mode, there is no "backup and restore menu" or anyhting like the steps u have written.
did u mean to do these steps after installing philz recovery? because i havnt installed that yet, i saw the video and the options shown in that guy's odin are not the one's i got in my odin. (v3.07), so i was afraid of selecting wrong option and messing things up.

You are right all this steps are after installing Philz recovery. Download philz recovery and then flash it with under PDA tab in Odin pc s/w.

Ammar1

Mar 26, 2014

---------- Post added at 10:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:52 PM ----------

(I'm considering that you've rooted phone.)

Then install Mobile Odin Pro on your phone(Pro would be reliable if you found, sorry but I can't help this fact).

1. In Mobile Odin select an option 'Open File' (Select your downloaded file with extension'.tar.md5').
2. Uncheck 'Ever Root' (If you don't want root).

3. Check 'Wipe data and a cache' & 'Wipe Dalvic cache'

4. Then select 'Flash firmware'.

This process would take around 10~20 mins and here you go you done your phone flashing and official with warranty.

well i checked and the phone is not rooted.

Top Liked Posts