[Q] Please help -- phone dead

Search This thread

r_s_dhar

Jun 12, 2014
Have I bricked my xperia-zl?
(originally posted in the wrong place, one of the members directed to repost it here)

1. My Phone is xperia-zl C6502 build 10.4.1.B.0.101

2. Successfully unlocked the bootloader

3. Used Flashtool to Iinstall CWM

4. Now my phone

a. does not boot: tried all combination of switches, including the yellow button next to the SD Card
b. is not recognized by flashtool any more
c. not recognized by Sony PC companion
d. no light/indication when put to charge.

5. I cannot flash stock firmware and then reboot the device as the device is no more recognized by flashtool?

Want help, desperately.

St.Jimmy90

Jul 31, 2013
Frankfurt
(originally posted in the wrong place, one of the members directed to repost it here)

4. Now my phone

a. does not boot: tried all combination of switches, including the yellow button next to the SD Card

5. I cannot flash stock firmware and then reboot the device as the device is no more recognized by flashtool?

Want help, desperately.

I'm sorry to say that, but you're still in the wrong place, you need to go there:
http://xdaforums.com/xperia-zl/help
Anyways, did you flash the correct kernel? Or did you just try to flash a recovery?

r_s_dhar

Jun 12, 2014
I'm sorry to say that, but you're still in the wrong place, you need to go there:
http://xdaforums.com/xperia-zl/help
Anyways, did you flash the correct kernel? Or did you just try to flash a recovery?

St.Jimmy,

I am a first time member, joined only yesterday (that is after my tail caught fire!); sorry to be still in the wrong place. Could moderators please relocate my post to the right location? Thanks a million to this wonderful site.
Thanks for the reply. I think installing CWR required flashing a "boot.img" file. The device gave up its ghost after flashing the boot.img file. As of now, there seems to be a slight improvement -- there is a red LED indicator that has come on when put to charging; it is faint, but it is there alright! Any chances of resurrection or is my phone really gone to its Heavenly Kingdomo?

r_s_dhar

Jun 12, 2014
Kedar,

Thanks. I have charged my phone overnight (10 hours). Still LED glows red. For a while I could connect in flashboot mode (LED=blue). Any help?

I can now sometimes connect in flashboot mode; flashtool initially recognizes the phone but when I try to flash a stock ROM, asks the phone to be connected (as if it has not already recognized the phone)! HELP PLEASE!!

androidtweaker1

May 15, 2014

4. Now my phone

Want help, desperately.

might have a solution for the recovery if the fastboot is working
download minimal adb and fast boot from here
place boot.img in minimal adb and fast boot folder after installation
Put your phone in fastboot( hold power up key and plug usb)
open minimal adb and fast boot application
it will open a cmd window
type fastboot flash boot boot.img
after that type fastboot reboot
your phone will restart now

PS: your phone is refusing to boot because the recovery is corrupted

Last edited:

kedar a.k.a. 3K

Jun 9, 2014
mumbai
What if you fastboot a custom kernel with inbuilt recovery and then flash a Rom with the recovery?
Since you have fastboot working
Sent from my MT25i

---------- Post added at 07:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:49 AM ----------

What if you fastboot a custom kernel with inbuilt recovery and then flash a Rom with the recovery?
Since you have fastboot working
You may try the method by @androidtweaker mentioned above as it is similar :thumbup:
Sent from my MT25i

kingvortex

Mar 25, 2010
First, what exactly did you flash to your phone and where did you get it from?

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

r_s_dhar

Jun 12, 2014
Androidtweaker1: Thanks. Cannot connect in fastboot mode. The blue LED comes on but the device is not recognized (adb drviers etc. no problem, all correctly installed, all set).

kedar: cannot connect in the fastboot mode. See reply to Androidtweaker1 above. Thanks

kingvortex: Thanks. I was trying to follow the following tutorial:

1. After downloading Z_DooMLoRD_AdvStkKernel_FW-4.3-101_v12.zip, place it in external SD Card of your smartphone
  2. Now extract Z_DooMLoRD_AdvStkKernel_FW-4.3-101_v12.zip on your PC’s desktop and copy boot.img
  3. Paste this file inside the folder where you have installed Minimal ADB and Fastboot
  4. Now turn off your smartphones completely
  5. Plug in mobile’s USB in cable in PC port only
  6. Hold Volume up button and plug in USB cable in mobile’s port
  7. LED will turn blue (If it does not remain blue for long, then read Optional part in bootloader unlocking method explained above
  8. Once you are successfully in fastboot mode, then you can continue
  9. Now type Fastboot flash boot boot.img and press Enter
  10. It will flash boot.img file on your device
  11. Now unplug the device and boot it up
  12. As soon as you see purple colored LED, start pressing volume up and down buttons repeatedly, until you are in CWM mode
  13. In CWM Mode, select “Install Zip”
  14. Now select the storage you have put that zip file in and just confirm its installation
  15. There are two ways to navigate in this CWM recovery
  16. You can navigate with volume buttons and make a selection with power button
  17. Another way of navigating is by swiping your finger on empty area in recovery
  18. Swipe up to move up, swipe down tp move down, swipe right to make a selection and swipe left to go back
  19. After installation is complete, go back to main menu and reboot your smartphone
  20. Congrats! You have successfully installed CWM custom recovery on your smartphones

Last edited:

remav

Feb 9, 2011
Brasov
I have a similar situation and I'm stuck.
Q: is working the minimal adb if in the settings was not checked the debug mode?
In my case I can go in fastboot mode each time but not help.
When I try to go in flash mode, there is strange because the flashtool say it it connected in flash mode , even the PCC say this, but the LED it's not green, is off, first is try to go green after get red and after off, but the software say is in flash mode.
I can try to flash any ftf, it's working without erors but my phone it's still dead after restart, even SONY logo is not appear, just vibrate once.
Other strange think, each time when I made a new flahing, there is a status message of device, it say that the version of ftf is 230 even if last time I was tring to flash 101 for ex and was finished without errors. Always show the same ftf version like nothing is changing inside. The only thing can change is the BL, lock or unlock and I can see this in the status device, this is made in fastboot mode and there I have the blue LED.

Can anybody give me some ideeas to fix this?

have the log of flahtool attached.

Thanks.

Aljecama12

Apr 2, 2013
Durango
SOLUTION

I have a similar situation and I'm stuck.
Q: is working the minimal adb if in the settings was not checked the debug mode?
In my case I can go in fastboot mode each time but not help.
When I try to go in flash mode, there is strange because the flashtool say it it connected in flash mode , even the PCC say this, but the LED it's not green, is off, first is try to go green after get red and after off, but the software say is in flash mode.
I can try to flash any ftf, it's working without erors but my phone it's still dead after restart, even SONY logo is not appear, just vibrate once.
Other strange think, each time when I made a new flahing, there is a status message of device, it say that the version of ftf is 230 even if last time I was tring to flash 101 for ex and was finished without errors. Always show the same ftf version like nothing is changing inside. The only thing can change is the BL, lock or unlock and I can see this in the status device, this is made in fastboot mode and there I have the blue LED.

Can anybody give me some ideeas to fix this?

have the log of flahtool attached.

Thanks.

Hey, have you already solved your problem? I had the same as you and I could fix it, I will try to submit a post here explaining the steps I followed

remav

Feb 9, 2011
Brasov
I solved but in other way. I bought another Zl with the battery dead and I replaced the motherboard. I have it now working from gew months without any problems. The old motherboard is still broken.