The Offical Why My Wifi Doesnt Work Thread

Search This thread

thoughtlesskyle

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 26, 2008
Outside of Philadelphia
so before any of us have to answer this question again please read this thread

so with dzo's port of the newest kernel he started including a wlan.ko compatible with the newer 2.6.32.nbh's into his builds. this left small fragmentation issue with people still using the older kernel

so when you use android on any of the phones in our project your nbh/ zImage is where your kernel is

so you have 2 options for your .nbh/zImage their are
2.6.25 (older kernel)
2.6.32 (newest kernel)

the older 2.6.25 kernels are available on dzo's site (should be a link to it in the first post of this thread) the last one he made was 26-07-2010 (what i use on my touch)

the newest kernels 2.6.32 are avalible for download from the kaiser kernel thread

if using a 2.6.25 kernel you need an update for the wifi this is attached to this post

now those instructions are assuming you have a kaiser if you have a polaris you need the wifi update for it reguardless the one for the 2.6.32 kernel that is also attached

for older polaris kernels i am not sure where the wifi update is for it but a forum search should find it easily if you know what your looking for

and lastly if your on a vogue, wifi will never ever work ever so stop asking

i think that should cover it if i missed anything everybody feel free to chime in (also if this could get stickied that be great)

aceoyame

Retired Recognized Developer
Jul 14, 2009
This should be stickied tbh. This question is one that pops up the most followed by questions about .nbh's. Such as how do I edit them, how do I use a vogue rom on my kaiser, etc.

zenity

Dec 23, 2008
Scotland
Mind awfully if I link this in my mini-faq, since it's definitly a frequently asked question ;)

Sent from my HTC Dream using Tapatalk

zenity

Dec 23, 2008
Scotland
well it's sitting at near 7000 views, so it's getting looked at ;)

Just thought it would help keep it from getting buried :)

art87

Jul 3, 2008
Sorry for bothering you but i can't install this update.
I just get "failed to extract" message after each attempt.
Hope someone can help me to solve this problem.

I've got kaiser with .25 kernel installed on it, system stored on nand and data on ext2.

ZootHornRollo

May 25, 2007
East Lothian
Hi,

I am having problems getting any Android ROM to have working Wifi.

I have tried several different ROMs along with the corresponding Kaisimg.nbh generated using the NBH Editor and have tried applying the Wifi update after testing the 'virgin' install. Still no success.

I have an UK O2 Stellar. Could someone tell me a combination of NBH and ROM that has working Wifi (with or without the fix).

edit : just fixed by using the NBH from DZO's site instead of the Editor default.

Last edited:

bliblablub

Jul 21, 2008
Bavaria
Redmi K20 Pro
Sorry for pushing this thread...

I had Fat Free Rom running for some months and now wanted to switch to an newer one. But I can't get WiFi working.

I tried:
Scoot Cyanogenmod RLS6
Thoughtlesskyle's Not So Super Froyo RLS18
New KAISER ROM Valentine 1.0.2
Krazy-Killa's Kernel Release - RLS5.9.1.2 Alpha

I also updated the Radio to
1.70.19.09 and now 1.71.09.01
and suggested or newest Kernels.

Furthermore I tried ALL fixes for WiFi I could find in this forum like:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=848921
http://www.ziddu.com/downloadlink/13294643/androidupdate-unpack-me.rar (from valentine)
and of course the updated linked here.

What's wrong with my Kaiser? WiFi never worked at first offence in Android and even with FatFree I needed to fix it (forgot how I did ^^, guess with new Kernel)

shatheone

Jun 2, 2011
im on the cache kernel 2.6.32 and im having problems with wifi. everytime i try to turn it on it says error

wifi worked fine in the super froyo, but it doesnt now that im on the dzo rom. i tryed to install the update from the cache kernel rar file and it failed to exract. its a androidupdate.tar file

Last edited: