*SUCCES* Gingerbread Screen Rotation Animation

How badly do you want fancy rotation animation on your SGS2?

• Very much

Votes: 289 77.1%
  • Mwoah

Votes: 86 22.9%

• Total voters
Search This thread

imparator

Mar 14, 2006
This mod depends on Samsung framework and wil not work on CM7 or other AOSP based builds.

Edit:

Well its done! Check out de video i made: http://www.izlesene.com/video/galaxy-s2-fancy-rotation-animation/5208061

A video from someone with better vidskillz
thnx mccune

I am testing if everything works on the phone. If so i will post instructions

Disclaimer: Thanks go out to Samsung for integrating fancy rotation in Gingerbread on the Note.

I only did find out which file caused the fancy rotation. (Why dev if it allready exists right?)

Attached libsurfaceflinger.so and libsurfaceflinger_client.so are from a 2.3.6 Note rom (KKA i believe)

Edit2:

Aight here it comes. This is tested to be working 100% on GB 2.3.6 XWKK2:

Push atached libsurfaceflinger.so and libsurfaceflinger_client.so to /system/lib
or copy it with rootexplorer and replace, your phone will soft reboot.
or create a cwm zip and share

voila

Custom rom builders: sacrafice your roms to this mod

CWM flashable zip by Intratech

Attachments

• libsurfaceflinger.zip
    75.9 KB · Views: 7,595
  • libsurfaceflinger_client.zip
    34.9 KB · Views: 6,161
Last edited:

imparator

Mar 14, 2006
Allright. I will make some sparetime and dive in to The note source to figure out if i can find something in myorientationlistener. I think The mFancyRotationAnimation could give something

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA App

Reactions: netjunkie51

Skarium

Aug 20, 2011
Plymouth
Tried this on CheckRom RevoHD v4 KK5 Works great :D Thanks

Can confirm, works fine on CheckRom.

Okay, one small problem, sometimes if locking the phone upside down with CRT-animation on (both on screen off and screen on), when the screen comes on(press a button or something), sometimes the image shown on the screen is upside down and mirrored, but the touchscreen remains the same (not upside down), but it goes away when you unlock the phone. I don't know if it's from this or something else though.

Last edited:

mljjlm

Mar 7, 2010
Copenhagen

Okay, one small problem, sometimes if locking the phone upside down with CRT-animation on (both on screen off and screen on), when the screen comes on(press a button or something), sometimes the image shown on the screen is upside down and mirrored, but the touchscreen remains the same (not upside down), but it goes away when you unlock the phone. I don't know if it's from this or something else though.

Noticed that too just now. Also after a reboot: Under CRT-Animations the image is flipped upside down

imparator

Mar 14, 2006
Try pushing libsurfaceflinger_client.so attached in first post in /system/lib

Reactions: Skarium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This mod depends on Samsung framework and wil not work on CM7 or other AOSP based builds.

Edit:

Well its done! Check out de video i made: http://www.izlesene.com/video/galaxy-s2-fancy-rotation-animation/5208061

A video from someone with better vidskillz
    thnx mccune

I am testing if everything works on the phone. If so i will post instructions

Disclaimer: Thanks go out to Samsung for integrating fancy rotation in Gingerbread on the Note.

I only did find out which file caused the fancy rotation. (Why dev if it allready exists right?)

Attached libsurfaceflinger.so and libsurfaceflinger_client.so are from a 2.3.6 Note rom (KKA i believe)

Edit2:

Aight here it comes. This is tested to be working 100% on GB 2.3.6 XWKK2:

Push atached libsurfaceflinger.so and libsurfaceflinger_client.so to /system/lib
    or copy it with rootexplorer and replace, your phone will soft reboot.
    or create a cwm zip and share

voila

Custom rom builders: sacrafice your roms to this mod

CWM flashable zip by Intratech
    Here is a CWM flashable zip bro: http://www.multiupload.com/TVF0S0YBN7

Someone please give some feedback on the CWM flash. I've only tested it on my device and it should work fine.

Thank you imparator!
    Xmas Present from Slither2006

Firstly Merry xmas from down under (Oz) and thanks for the great rotation anim solution.

Secondly I've taken the Gallery3D from an earlier post (lynx123) that has been modified to omit the apps built-in rotation, decompiled and added some xmas cheer to it. To be specific I've modifed the Utils.smali methods getScreenHeight() and getScreenWidth() which are called when cropping the wallpaper. Samsung had hardcoded 1280x800 in so I just removed it, simple fix.

So put simply the wallpaper cropping is now fixed :D

Installation
    I've signed this myself so you will need to :
    1. backup/remove whatever Gallery3D.apk you currently have installed
    2. reboot
    3. using either adb or root explorer copy my apk to your /system/app directory.
    4. Enjoy and Merry xmas! :D

Download link
    (Due to the size of the app I've put in on my dropbox)

Disclaimer
    Please use at your own risk, I will not be responsible for your own mobile mishaps.
    @imparator
    I've made a small YouTube movie showing off your work.
    im stuck at the samsung galaxy w screen after flashing "[CWM]imparators Fancy Rotation.zip" via cwm, what should i do? :confused: :(

Reflash whatever Galaxy W ROM you were on, and seriously reconsider ever flashing anything NOT for a Galaxy W again. This is a mod for the i9100 Galaxy S2. Not for the Galaxy W.