S-Off

Search This thread

cbrown245

Aug 21, 2010
Cleveland
Try this: On your phone, go to settings > Developer Options (ok). Make sure USB debugging is checked and the Developer Options toggle is On.

Then try again. Good luck and HTH!

Thanks but that has been on , USB debugging on . I have no idea what else to try . The all in one tool can see the phone and read the CID but ADB is a no go .

wpsantennas

Nov 30, 2006
www.wpsantennas.com
I unistalled htc sync when I unlocked the Bootloader .

I have the same problem, I can adb when in fastboot and recovery but not when android is booted. I tried everything recommended including uninstalling HTC sync, using a different USB port and disabling & re-enabling USB debugging. Never got adb to work but I was able to get S-OFF by copying the soffbin3 file to the phone and running the final commands using terminal on the phone.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda premium

cbrown245

Aug 21, 2010
Cleveland
I have the same problem, I can adb when in fastboot and recovery but not when android is booted. I tried everything recommended including uninstalling HTC sync, using a different USB port and disabling & re-enabling USB debugging. Never got adb to work but I was able to get S-OFF by copying the soffbin3 file to the phone and running the final commands using terminal on the phone.

do you have Gtalk ? can you walk me through this ?

motumbo

Aug 7, 2010
I'm confused about super cid on my dna. I got my bootloader unlocked using the super cid enabler app and rebooting and running through the whole process with htc dev site. Now my phone is rooted and unlocked but when i check my cid it says VZW_001. HTC splash screen shows the message about a phone intended for developing only. Do i have super cid yes or no?
I've tried the super cid app tons of times but i always end up with same cid. I haven't installed latest OTA. What can i do to get super cid back? Thanks for answers.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda app-developers app

tgerbracht

Jan 15, 2008
Yay

Worked first time with no problems. After doing the old school unlock (can't believe it's an .apk now) this was a snap. Many thanks!

wpsantennas

Nov 30, 2006
www.wpsantennas.com
do you have Gtalk ? can you walk me through this ?

Sorry, don't have GTalk but, if I recall correctly, this is what I did for the final 3 steps.

Instead of:
  • adb push soffbin3 /data/local/tmp/
  • adb shell chmod 744 /data/local/tmp/soffbin3
  • adb shell su -c "/data/local/tmp/soffbin3"

I did this:
Unzip soffbin3.zip on PC and copy soffbin3 to the root of the phone's "sdcard".

From a terminal on the phone (I used Terminal Emulator from ROM Toolbox):
  • cp /sdcard/soffbin3 /data/local/tmp/
  • chmod 744 /data/local/tmp/soffbin3
  • su -c "/data/local/tmp/soffbin3"

Now, when I did it, for whatever reason, su was not in the path so I had to use "/system/xbin/su" instead of "su" but when I tried again right now it was in the path. Either way, if just plain "su" doesn't run, put in the full path.

Anyway, after I did the above I rebooted into the bootloader and, holy $%^*, it worked! :)

cbrown245

Aug 21, 2010
Cleveland
and the PL8320000-DNA.zip you placed on the sd card and let it flash itself in fastboot correct ???

Last edited:

wpsantennas

Nov 30, 2006
www.wpsantennas.com
Thanks I will give this a shot .

---------- Post added at 10:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:08 AM ----------

and the PL8320000-DNA.zip you placed on the sd card and let it flash itself in fastboot correct ???

No, I flashed PL8320000-DNA.zip using "fastboot flash zip PL8320000-DNA.zip" with PL8320000-DNA.zip in the fastboot/adb folder on my PC.

Essentially, I followed the S-OFF instructions exactly until step 8 (where you've booted Android w/o eMMC write protection.)

Azbulldog

Jul 16, 2012
Ok guys I need a hand , my phone is unlocked and rooted , now my computer won't recognize it is connected in adb " error device not found " I have went back to a stock Rom , stock kernel and still nothing . I can't s-off without this . In the DNA all in one tools it will respond but it won't in a cmd line , I have reinstalled android sdk and all that but still nothing , tried other usb ports , nada ,,,,, any other suggestions ????? Thanks

Most of my problems came from USB drivers and Windows 8 complications. Make sure you still have working ones installed like from HTC Sync.

Reactions: wpsantennas

Tidefan13

Dec 16, 2010
Thanks but that has been on , USB debugging on . I have no idea what else to try . The all in one tool can see the phone and read the CID but ADB is a no go .

Is your pc losing connection once u booted back into android? Right b4 u run the last 3 commands? Or is your adb not working b4 you've even tried to s-off? Cause my pc lost connection with my phone on that step also and I rebooted my pc and it fixed it for me. If this is not the problem your having then disregard

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

wpsantennas

Nov 30, 2006
www.wpsantennas.com
I have adb working , now I keep getting that 99 error , its driving me nuts . But thanks Bob

Not sure if this will help but here is a guy who was getting the 99 error after doing "fastboot flash zip ..." twice which caused data corruption: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=38237021&postcount=474

Appears that he went into recovery, wiped, and restarted the process. If you have a nandroid backup from before you started the S-OFF process you can try restoring that - it has worked for others. May lose some data but hopefully less than a full wipe.

Bigandrewgold

Mar 26, 2011
Appears that he went into recovery, wiped, and restarted the process. If you have a nandroid backup from before you started the S-OFF process you can try restoring that - it has worked for others. May lose some data but hopefully less than a full wipe.

Do people not know about titanium backup or apps like it. . You should never loose data from wiping your phone.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts