[Q] xperia s Change OS to 4.4 cyanogenmod

Search This thread

zan0088

Jan 31, 2014
Dear forumers.

I usually do not ask stupid questions as that, but there I am very very confused :eek::D

I just want to install some new OS to my XPERIA S (LT26i). Now I have all stock cellphone conditions with original 4.0.4 Android version.

My wish is to have phone fastest as it can be and all stable. I have read many many topics and guides there but I am still confused where to start. I need all flashtool, bootloader unlock, root, recovery, flash kernel, flash rom and do not know what to do first, second, third,... And I do not want to break up phone. :D

Can someone please kindly understand me and copy links of actual guides in right order? I need suggestions for 4.4 version OS-s too. :)

Best regards

@NUJ

Jul 1, 2012
Dear forumers.

I usually do not ask stupid questions as that, but there I am very very confused :eek::D

I just want to install some new OS to my XPERIA S (LT26i). Now I have all stock cellphone conditions with original 4.0.4 Android version.

My wish is to have phone fastest as it can be and all stable. I have read many many topics and guides there but I am still confused where to start. I need all flashtool, bootloader unlock, root, recovery, flash kernel, flash rom and do not know what to do first, second, third,... And I do not want to break up phone. :D

Can someone please kindly understand me and copy links of actual guides in right order? I need suggestions for 4.4 version OS-s too. :)

Best regards

Y r u still on 4.0.4 when official jellybean is available

Sent from my LT26i using xda app-developers app

zan0088

Jan 31, 2014
Can someone just tell me where I must begin, and what to do next, and what is the last thing to do? (guess flash new rom)
I just need order of work from all stock phone. I understend the guides and I can find them, but do not know what is the right order.
Probably you don't know that it is not so easy to first doing that, but for noobs that forum is so hard to understand especially because of risk to damage your phone is something goes wrong.

Pleeeeeeeeeease

franklin93

Jan 31, 2013
Heart of India-Mumbai
Can someone just tell me where I must begin, and what to do next, and what is the last thing to do? (guess flash new rom)
I just need order of work from all stock phone. I understend the guides and I can find them, but do not know what is the right order.
Probably you don't know that it is not so easy to first doing that, but for noobs that forum is so hard to understand especially because of risk to damage your phone is something goes wrong.

Pleeeeeeeeeease

its very easy just use google.download jelly bean .96 firmware ftf and flash using flashtool.jelly bean is much faster and smoother than ics with few bugs that are not big deal to affect as a daily driver.just dont use cm based custom firmwares before unlocking bootloader.just flash official firmware as i said:good::good:

Reactions: zan0088

zan0088

Jan 31, 2014
its very easy just use google.download jelly bean .96 firmware ftf and flash using flashtool.jelly bean is much faster and smoother than ics with few bugs that are not big deal to affect as a daily driver.just dont use cm based custom firmwares before unlocking bootloader.just flash official firmware as i said:good::good:

Hello Franklin.

I have just unlocked bootloader on my phone.
What I have to do next? Root, kernel flash, recovery?

abcdjdj

May 28, 2012
Thane
Hello Franklin.

Now you need to download a rom from the development section, then open the zip on your pc, extract the boot.img. Then copy the rom zip file on to your phone and flash the boot.img using fastboot or Flashtool. Then turn on your phone, and keep on pressing the volume up button to enter recovery. Then wipe everything except system and sdcard and then flash the rom.zip. Reboot your phone and it should be running kitkat:)

zan0088

Jan 31, 2014
Now you need to download a rom from the development section, then open the zip on your pc, extract the boot.img. Then copy the rom zip file on to your phone and flash the boot.img using fastboot or Flashtool. Then turn on your phone, and keep on pressing the volume up button to enter recovery. Then wipe everything except system and sdcard and then flash the rom.zip. Reboot your phone and it should be running kitkat:)

I have rooten now too. So there is just installing ROMs, did not need any recovery on phone or kernels or something like that?
Which ROM will you suggest as a smooth and stable of 4.4? Need to work camera, call, sms and alarm.

franklin93

Jan 31, 2013
Heart of India-Mumbai
I have rooten now too. So there is just installing ROMs, did not need any recovery on phone or kernels or something like that?
Which ROM will you suggest as a smooth and stable of 4.4? Need to work camera, call, sms and alarm.

i tried many aosp was best but lack of customization killed me,but smoothness was real awesome :p the guy helped u is the developer of carbon rom but i didnt try it so no comments.for daily driver and gaming i wont recommend rayman's rom or pureslim.no offence,they are stable but comparitively few games were slow and dint start on both like subway surfers and fifa 14 :silly:

zan0088

Jan 31, 2014
I have installed this on my xperia but it's not that it has to be. It's version 4.6 not 4.8 and it's not 4.4 kitkat bur 4.1.2 JB. OTA updater says: Error fetching update info: Invalid ROM (LeOpArDx) & device (lt26ii) combo!
And device is LT26i not ii. At 60 page of discussion the others have the same problem with version and updating.

Sanchezyo

Jan 22, 2012
Pärnu
I have installed this on my xperia but it's not that it has to be. It's version 4.6 not 4.8 and it's not 4.4 kitkat bur 4.1.2 JB. OTA updater says: Error fetching update info: Invalid ROM (LeOpArDx) & device (lt26ii) combo!
And device is LT26i not ii. At 60 page of discussion the others have the same problem with version and updating.

download another rom from the xperia s development section that says specificly lt26i or xperia s or nozomi, version 4.4.2 or cm-11.0 and copy it onto ur devices internal memory -reboot into recovery (boot button+vol up hold until blue led) and flash ur new rom thats in ur internal memory. wipe dalvik+cahce and boot to system - u should be golden now :good:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Pleeeeeeeeeease

Hello Franklin.

i tried many aosp was best but lack of customization killed me,but smoothness was real awesome :p the guy helped u is the developer of carbon rom but i didnt try it so no comments.for daily driver and gaming i wont recommend rayman's rom or pureslim.no offence,they are stable but comparitively few games were slow and dint start on both like subway surfers and fifa 14 :silly: