[Q] ViperOne ROM - HTC One

Search This thread

XTakis

Feb 22, 2014
I'm running ViperOne 4.3.0 (Jan 17) on my HTC one. I have a question and a bug report.

First my question, if I flash an updated version of the same rom will I retain all my data and settings? I believe the answer is yes but would like to confirm.

Now the bug report, if I am using the camera to take pictures then I lock the screen, I cannot unlock the screen. I have to hard reset the phone. My "solution" is to never lock the screen until after switching to the home menu first. I don't see this as a fix in the latest changelog and cannot post in the development thread until I get 10 posts.

Thanks in advance.

ROM:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2334294

E.Cadro

Retired Senior Moderator
Jan 18, 2011
Just Off In The Distance
Samsung Galaxy S20
I'm running ViperOne 4.3.0 (Jan 17) on my HTC one. I have a question and a bug report.

First my question, if I flash an updated version of the same rom will I retain all my data and settings? I believe the answer is yes but would like to confirm.

Now the bug report, if I am using the camera to take pictures then I lock the screen, I cannot unlock the screen. I have to hard reset the phone. My "solution" is to never lock the screen until after switching to the home menu first. I don't see this as a fix in the latest changelog and cannot post in the development thread until I get 10 posts.

Thanks in advance.

ROM:

Moved to Q&A and per this post they are aware of the bug you mentioned.

Reactions: XTakis

nkk71

Inactive Recognized Developer / Contributor
May 26, 2010
Beirut
Thank you very much!
You can always use the Thanks button ;)

Now if someone could please confirm that flashing an updated version of the viper ROM will not erase my settings I'll have everything I need.
You can try a dirty-flash (ie flash without wipe), but it's usually not recommended between different bases. So if you have problems with a dirty-flash, you're going to end up having to flash with wipe.

Use Titanium Backup (or similar) to backup & restore, apps + data, call logs, sms & mms, try to avoid restoring system settings as those are likely to cause problems.

Do a nandroid, dirty-flash, and see how it goes.... still wipe is recommended, between major revisions.

nodiaque

Oct 20, 2008
many of us have done a dirty-flash from 4.3 to 5.0.0 with success. It's not recommanded since it's a different base, but so far, no issue

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Thanks in advance.

ROM:

Moved to Q&A and per this post they are aware of the bug you mentioned.
    Thank you very much!
    You can always use the Thanks button ;)

Now if someone could please confirm that flashing an updated version of the viper ROM will not erase my settings I'll have everything I need.
    You can try a dirty-flash (ie flash without wipe), but it's usually not recommended between different bases. So if you have problems with a dirty-flash, you're going to end up having to flash with wipe.

Use Titanium Backup (or similar) to backup & restore, apps + data, call logs, sms & mms, try to avoid restoring system settings as those are likely to cause problems.

Do a nandroid, dirty-flash, and see how it goes.... still wipe is recommended, between major revisions.
    many of us have done a dirty-flash from 4.3 to 5.0.0 with success. It's not recommanded since it's a different base, but so far, no issue