Nova Launcher home button bug fix!

Search This thread

2THEXTRM

Feb 1, 2012
Syracuse
Installed, instant home button fix, and the beta didn't alter any of my other Nova settings. Now to play with the new options. Nice find!

Sent from my XT1080 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

Reactions: CrazyRussianXDA

xDroid4Lifex

Jan 28, 2014
Installed, instant home button fix, and the beta didn't alter any of my other Nova settings. Now to play with the new options. Nice find!

Sent from my XT1080 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

Thanks! I'm sure this will make a lot of Droid users happy.

Sent from my XT1080 using XDA Premium HD app

sendbeer

Oct 16, 2010
Stupid question. What was the home button bug? I use Nova and never noticed anything funny with pressing home.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

akellar

Jan 9, 2011
Iowa
Stupid question. What was the home button bug? I use Nova and never noticed anything funny with pressing home.

If you hit home in an app it would take you back to the launcher home screen instead of the screen you were previously on. Seems a very small thing to me but it apparently drove some people crazy.

sendbeer

Oct 16, 2010
If you hit home in an app it would take you back to the launcher home screen instead of the screen you were previously on. Seems a very small thing to me but it apparently drove some people crazy.

Oh, that's why it doesn't do that on my nexus! I prefer it that way myself. Guess I'll have to load up my old version and maybe email the dev to see if we could have that as an option.

xDroid4Lifex

Jan 28, 2014

If you were on your home screen in an app and hit the home key it would open up the page selection instead of going back to home. It was a double action bug. The software thought you were hitting the key twice. If you aren't on your home screen in an app and hit the home key it brings you back to the previous screen then hit the home key again for home, that's how its intended to work.

Sent from my XT1080 using XDA Premium HD app

doogald

May 27, 2010

Another problem is that in many third party launchers, there is a specific function that can happen if you hit home while already on the default home screen. Most good launchers will have a way to turn this off, but often the functionality is useful - say, it can show all of your home screens in smaller images at the same time, so you can choose one without having to slide to one that is many screens away. The Aviate launcher toggles a particular function on and off when you press home, so, on the Droids, it now quickly toggles back and forth, making pressing home useless.

It doesn't drive me crazy, but I do find it mildly annoying that I can't go back to my default home when I'm in Nova launcher. I'm actually more annoyed that it's taken five-plus months (and counting) to get it fixed.

Top Liked Posts