[Q] Cannot change Bootanimation

Search This thread

twinkyman90

Oct 23, 2013
OK I have changed my bootanimation many times with many roms. I cannot get it to work with my SIII using C-Rom. It's 4.4.2 (and an awesome rom btw). I placed the new bootanimation.zip in the system/media directory using root explorer just like always and I used one that I know for sure works because I have used it before. But instead of the new boot animation it just shows the image I attached and it kind of shimmers. I tried putting the original bootanimation.zip back in place and it still is this stupid picture. Any ideas?

View attachment 2802795

alek889

Apr 5, 2014
San Juan
A long time ago...

I had a problem like that sometime ago,but i just resolved the situation by using a program (.apk) such as rom toolbox.Did you try that already???:cool:

Reactions: twinkyman90

Perseus

Retired Senior Moderator / Recognized Developer
Feb 10, 2011
Atlantis
Please make sure the permissions are set correctly on the new bootanimation. (rw_r_r )

Perseus

Retired Senior Moderator / Recognized Developer
Feb 10, 2011
Atlantis
In Root Explorer, under properties of the file, you can change permissions. The Animation won't work fine unless you set the right permissions.

Glad its worked out.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    A long time ago...

I had a problem like that sometime ago,but i just resolved the situation by using a program (.apk) such as rom toolbox.Did you try that already???:cool: