What if Google omitted Apple?

Search This thread

chrisnosleep

Jan 16, 2008
Wichita, Kansas
I was just reading through some more of Apple's iGnorant patent claims and an idea popped up. What if Google omitted all searches and advertisements relating Apple and/or Steve Jobs. Its like the company and the iDiot (<< see what I did there?) would virtually disappear. I mean, come on, Jobs was quoted as saying he wanted to crush Google, right? And with all of these lawsuits, fair is fair right?

Apple was born from stolen intellectual property, and in his book, Jobs laughs about it. Yet Apple has the gall to sue everyone else for doing what they have been doing for years? Jobs was nothing but a spoiled, greedy, phoney, little bastard with a tendency for child like temper tantrums who was trying to make it through life "working" as little as possible. Call him a visionary because of not doing market research? HA! He was nothing but a madman! He had no real concerns about anyone but himself and making himself rich. (Page 546: the meeting with Obama, Zuckerberg nailed it saying "We should be talking about what's important to the country. Why is he just talking about what's good for him?") Yes, he tried to make it appear that he wasn't about money, but in the end, I think its pretty apparent what he wanted most. Can you imagine how expensive of a world we would live in right now if Apple had taken the lead from Microsoft in the early years?

I say its time to boycott Apple, on EVERY level!

slapshot30

Feb 21, 2010
Nebraska
Google would lose credibility, not a good idea in the long run for them. They can't get caught up in censoring things they don't like if they want to continue being the top search engine.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using xda premium

SadieNibblesworth

Dec 6, 2011
Chicago
I think Google, Adobe, and everybody else who Apple depends on for products but has been backstabbed by them should conspire to hurt them and expose them for the proprietary nutjobs that they are.

Who says they would lose "credibility"?? Have tech companies really tried to take stands on much of anything evre (except SOPA)? Besides, it is their priviledge...ain't capitalism grand?

Sent from my SPH-D700 using xda premium

slapshot30

Feb 21, 2010
Nebraska
I think Google, Adobe, and everybody else who Apple depends on for products but has been backstabbed by them should conspire to hurt them and expose them for the proprietary nutjobs that they are.

Who says they would lose "credibility"?? Have tech companies really tried to take stands on much of anything evre (except SOPA)? Besides, it is their priviledge...ain't capitalism grand?

Sent from my SPH-D700 using xda premium

Just saying... the average consumer likes apple. If google just starts censoring anything they don't like, people will migrate away from google, and google will lose money. That would be a dumb move on many fronts.

masondoctorjt

Apr 18, 2010
LG V60 ThinQ
Maybe not omit apple, but just put all the true negative aspects of apple at the top of the results. Yes the average person likes Apple, but only because the average person doesn't know what kind of cut throat unethical person Jobs, and the company was/is. The news goes on about the mass suicide threat at a foxcon factory that makes xbox's (that was the headline) then when you read the article, they don't know if xbox's were made there or ipads and iphones. But you don't see the icrap mentioned in the negative headlines!:confused:

vetvito

Dec 31, 2007
Google makes a ton of money off of Apple because IOS uses Google Search. Its like a fine dance.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

slapshot30

Feb 21, 2010
Nebraska
Oh come on! This is a private battle between Google and Apple (and to a huge extent Samsung and Motorola). How did SOPA creep in here? But to answer your question directly, no, I definitely don't support SOPA from what I understand of it.

The reason he brought in SOPA is because you are supporting google censoring their search engine. SOPA would allow the government to censor whatever they wish. Hence the connection involving censoring information.

Reactions: chrisnosleep

Korntoff

Dec 3, 2010
Or how about running the search algorithm with ``rule 34'' appended on the end of any Apple related search (without the user knowing)?

Riyal

Dec 16, 2011
Iloilo City
You're all just making google into apple... Google is doing fine being fair to everything even with their competitors. If they do so like that then what difference would they be with apple? That's just google being professional. Leave the search engine alone and do it's job. Smartphone division is another topic.

gizmoneil

Jan 23, 2012
Michigan USA
I have the same question hovering in my mind always ! but yea I too think that if google started to censor eventually they will loose the moto of being a search engine !

chrisnosleep

Jan 16, 2008
Wichita, Kansas
The reason he brought in SOPA is because you are supporting google censoring their search engine. SOPA would allow the government to censor whatever they wish. Hence the connection involving censoring information.

It just seems like a long stretch going from censoring a company that is constantly biting the hand that's feeding it, to global censoring. And we're talking about Google, not the government.

As I said in a previous post, it won't be long until we're all going to be paying an Apple Tax to pay for all their lawsuits and whatever the hell else they want us to pay for. If Apple keeps going, getting more and more political people in their pockets, it WILL happen. I'm guessing that's the reason they're going with all of the foreign governments lawsuits first, I'm sure they're much easier to buy their officials than it is in the US. In my opinion, this is absolutely a worthy cause for censorship.

chrisnosleep

Jan 16, 2008
Wichita, Kansas
I have the same question hovering in my mind always ! but yea I too think that if google started to censor eventually they will loose the moto of being a search engine !

But what if they do it just to prove a point. Omit Apple for a week, or two weeks, and see how it affects them. If all of the bloggers, and whatever other kind of fanboys are blocked from feeding off each other, and spreading their lies, trying to persuade unknowing users, I think it would affect Apple in a big way. Its like the fanboys have a radar that's always on, where as soon as the word Apple or Steve Jobs pops up, they all come swarming in to go trash the article or thread with their comments full of crap. Both of the Android phones I've had, the Epic and the Epic 4G Touch, I constantly see the fanboys making posts that have absolutely no business in any forum at XDA. I think everyone was amazed by the boycott over SOPA, and I think we would see similar results from the simple act I stated in the OP.

Archer

Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Senior Mod
Jul 9, 2008
Manchester
Google Pixel 8 Pro
I would stop using Google if they did something like that. I'd literally stop using everything Google - my homepage (iGoogle), my Android phone, their search engine, Gmail. It would all stop.

I would consider it an abuse of their position.

hungry81

Apr 23, 2009
The best way to combat apple is to call them out on their BS intentional or otherwise. Apples strength is its marketing, and it knows how to cultivate positive misinformation into generally accepted "facts". For example, many people think that Apple devices dont have malware, Apple products "just work" and apple is the poor underdog besieged by ip stealing rivals. If you don't address these and other bs statements as they pop up they continue circulating and people remain ignorant.

By blocking apple results google would loose trust with millions of people, if they can block Apple whats to stop them blocking anything else they don't like, even if its only for a short time. Rival products, political parties and anything else may as well be open game.
Instead of demanding google censor, you should be educating, not forcefully but at least providing the information so that is at least out there. That way at least the uninformed can cut theorugh the BS and have an informed and balanced opinion. I don't like Apple at the moment, but I am not against them competeing fairly in the marketplace.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I was just reading through some more of Apple's iGnorant patent claims and an idea popped up. What if Google omitted all searches and advertisements relating Apple and/or Steve Jobs. Its like the company and the iDiot (<< see what I did there?) would virtually disappear. I mean, come on, Jobs was quoted as saying he wanted to crush Google, right? And with all of these lawsuits, fair is fair right?

Apple was born from stolen intellectual property, and in his book, Jobs laughs about it. Yet Apple has the gall to sue everyone else for doing what they have been doing for years? Jobs was nothing but a spoiled, greedy, phoney, little bastard with a tendency for child like temper tantrums who was trying to make it through life "working" as little as possible. Call him a visionary because of not doing market research? HA! He was nothing but a madman! He had no real concerns about anyone but himself and making himself rich. (Page 546: the meeting with Obama, Zuckerberg nailed it saying "We should be talking about what's important to the country. Why is he just talking about what's good for him?") Yes, he tried to make it appear that he wasn't about money, but in the end, I think its pretty apparent what he wanted most. Can you imagine how expensive of a world we would live in right now if Apple had taken the lead from Microsoft in the early years?

I say its time to boycott Apple, on EVERY level!
    lets say apple might create it's own search engines :p

Create and Apple in the same sentence? LOL, Gosh, who would they steal that technology from?
    Oh come on! This is a private battle between Google and Apple (and to a huge extent Samsung and Motorola). How did SOPA creep in here? But to answer your question directly, no, I definitely don't support SOPA from what I understand of it.