[APP][2.3+]Gapps Manager - Easily Download Gapps

Search This thread

ebildude123

Nov 25, 2012

Gapps Manager

Google play link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.itslightness.gappsmanager
APK is also attached because how tf are you going to download from google play if you don't have gapps ;)

Description:
Gapps Manager easy lets you download the proper gapps (google apps) flashable zip package to install on your custom ROMs.
Currently, it supports gapps for gingerbread (2.3.x), ics (4.0.x), jellybean (4.1.x-4.3.x), and kitkat (4.4.x), art support also available.
Not sure what version of android you're on? It can tell you that also, just select android version when you open the menu.
Never bother with searching for compatible gapps again, or waste your time ending up with gapps that don't work properly for you.

What's New
v1.1:
*Gingerbread force close fix
*Added a download complete notification
*Minor bug fixes

Screenshots:
cheMEhx.png

oJ4i8bH.png

H0awmSe.png

Attachments

• GappsManager.apk
    244.7 KB · Views: 116,340
Last edited:

Cloonix

Sep 6, 2010
Munich
I wonder... After I flashed a custom firmware (without gapps), my ROM is missing the Play Store. So how does this help me? Downloading and installing the apk manually?

EDIT: Yeah ok. The apk it is. The OP attached it as well. Sorry.

golfgtiedition30

Dec 2, 2012
Sony Xperia Z
Samsung Galaxy Ace II
I wonder... After I flashed a custom firmware (without gapps), my ROM is missing the Play Store. So how does this help me? Downloading and installing the apk manually?

How about downloading the gapps first , prior to flashing your new ROM.
Just an idea ;)

Sent from my C6603 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: spoonymoon

o-l-a-v

Jan 6, 2012
Oslo
Suggestion to make it even easier for noobs:
Auto-detect android version, and automatically recommend what GAPPS for the user? Eventually, if you use 4.4, the choise of dalvik or art before download?
And for advanced users: still possible to choose android version manually.

Last edited:

dledwith2

Feb 23, 2011
Tampa, FL
I haven't installed yet but I'll go ahead and ask first anyway. Does this install the bare minimum ONLY to get access to google play for downloading the rest or is this a large selection of google apps by default? Thank you for this product. It sounds like something that was overdue.

Reactions: Azazello

FordNate

Oct 28, 2012
Sacramento
Jusy checked iy on on my retired Dinc2 with 4.4. It works simple and easy. Thanks although woulf love to have option of slim/full/PA complete for my DD phone, but i'm sure that will come in time?

tunjicool

May 21, 2012
Ilorin

i am sure you are already in the right place.
after flashing your custom rom, you will also need to flash the GAPPS zip file to make certain google apps available for use.
if you are thinking of getting the individual apks to install, believe me it will not work because those apk also rely on some packages that has already being included in the gaaps.
let me know if i am making any sense ;)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Gapps Manager

Google play link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.itslightness.gappsmanager
    APK is also attached because how tf are you going to download from google play if you don't have gapps ;)

Description:
    Gapps Manager easy lets you download the proper gapps (google apps) flashable zip package to install on your custom ROMs.
    Currently, it supports gapps for gingerbread (2.3.x), ics (4.0.x), jellybean (4.1.x-4.3.x), and kitkat (4.4.x), art support also available.
    Not sure what version of android you're on? It can tell you that also, just select android version when you open the menu.
    Never bother with searching for compatible gapps again, or waste your time ending up with gapps that don't work properly for you.

What's New
    v1.1:
    *Gingerbread force close fix
    *Added a download complete notification
    *Minor bug fixes

Screenshots:
    cheMEhx.png

oJ4i8bH.png

H0awmSe.png

Suggestion to make it even easier for noobs:
    Auto-detect android version, and automatically recommend what GAPPS for the user? Eventually, if you use 4.4, the choise of dalvik or art before download?
    And for advanced users: still possible to choose android version manually.
    As someone else has mentioned, will other versions of gapps be included? I'd love to see an app that brings together all the google resources, from slim to zgapps to 0-day pa
    I'll be looking over the suggestions over the weekend as I'm busy with school, thanks guys!

Sent from my GS3 on 4.4 KitKat using Tapatalk 4

How about downloading the gapps first , prior to flashing your new ROM.
    Just an idea ;)

Sent from my C6603 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app