[Q] No PC recognizes my evolte

Search This thread

pah3000

Aug 2, 2012
I have successfully rooted and installed a few roms. I have updated radios and even installed the new sense 5.5 rom. It locked my phone, so I have been trying to unlock it for a couple of days. I have used htc dev unlock and win droid versions. I've used three different windows versions. Still no PC recognizes my phone. Is there a common fix? I have read and found none here, nor online.

numel007

Apr 22, 2011
I have successfully rooted and installed a few roms. I have updated radios and even installed the new sense 5.5 rom. It locked my phone, so I have been trying to unlock it for a couple of days. I have used htc dev unlock and win droid versions. I've used three different windows versions. Still no PC recognizes my phone. Is there a common fix? I have read and found none here, nor online.

Try again with ubuntu. Make sure to sudo su.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: pah3000

pah3000

Aug 2, 2012
Not using Windows 8.1 w/USB 2.0, are you? Because if so, you'll have to use a hacky workaround.

Ha, yes I was! So I tried other ports. Then tried XP net book, to no avail. Everything works fine on the rom, and I saw your post about re-unlocking. I've never been stumped before. May try a windows7 laptop tonight. Not too familiar with Ubuntu. Thanks.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Try again with ubuntu. Make sure to sudo su.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk
    Do you have htc sync driver installed?
    Are you selecting the Fastboot option when you get to the bootloader?

Sent from my EVO LTE
    Not using Windows 8.1 w/USB 2.0, are you? Because if so, you'll have to use a hacky workaround.