[Q] About Downgrade from 4.4 (CM11) to 4.1.2

Search This thread

jortegat7

Jan 13, 2014
If I wanna downgrade to 4.1.2, must I need some particular version of CWM before flash it by odin?
I mean, I saw some post where users have troubles with turning on the phone after flashing it.
Hope you can help me, ty.

I'm on CM11.

Last edited:

hi_blues

Feb 16, 2011
Leeds
4.2.2 is bad and cant go back to 4.1.2

You can use any of the Recoveries for Galaxy Grand- CWM or Philz Touch

Hello,

You can use any recovery as it will be overwritten by odin once you try to flash firmware.
But in my case i was unable to revert back to 4.1.2 from 4.2.2. After flashing 4.1.2 all i can see is "Samsung Galaxy Grand i9082" thats all.
Have to reboot by holding down Volume up + Home + Power button.

I can reboot into recovery (Stock recovery) in this case because Philz recovery was overwritten. but from there all i see is dead droid with "!" mark and nothing can be done from there.

So for now it is not possible to revert back to 4.1.2. If you managed to do so please help me also. 4.2.2 is terrible :(

Thanks!

DMJoh

Jan 19, 2014
Port of Kochi
Hello,

You can use any recovery as it will be overwritten by odin once you try to flash firmware.
But in my case i was unable to revert back to 4.1.2 from 4.2.2. After flashing 4.1.2 all i can see is "Samsung Galaxy Grand i9082" thats all.

I can reboot into recovery (Stock recovery) in this case because Philz recovery was overwritten. but from there all i see is dead droid with "!" mark and nothing can be done from there.

So for now it is not possible to revert back to 4.1.2. If you managed to do so please help me also. 4.2.2 is terrible :(

Thanks!

I had reverted back to 4.1.2 successfully even after the latest update..
Try a couple of times flashing the 4.1.2. Since the recovery got overwritten flashing is going on.. But might be incomplete. Try again..

Sent from my GT-I9082 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

hi_blues

Feb 16, 2011
Leeds
What firmware should i flash?

Try a couple of times flashing the 4.1.2. Since the recovery got overwritten flashing is going on.. But might be incomplete. Try again..

Thank you for your reply.

I have had tried it for 3 or 4 times now. 3 times i ended up in the boot loop and for 1 time i was stuck on "Samsung Galaxy Grand i9082".

Could you briefly list the steps to downgrade to 4.1.2. I have Nand backup of my stock rom is that of any use? :confused:

I really appreciate your help.

Thanks again for your help.

EDIT: It worked. Again i was in bootloop but this time I went back to stock recovery and "wipe/factory rest" then "wiped cache" and yeeeey it worked. Thanks made for the motivation :)
Thanks!

Last edited:

DMJoh

Jan 19, 2014
Port of Kochi

I have had tried it for 3 or 4 times now. 3 times i ended up in the boot loop and for 1 time i was stuck on "Samsung Galaxy Grand i9082".

Could you briefly list the steps to downgrade to 4.1.2. I have Nand backup of my stock rom is that of any use? :confused:

EDIT: It worked. Again i was in bootloop but this time I went back to stock recovery and "wipe/factory rest" then "wiped cache" and yeeeey it worked. Thanks made for the motivation :)
Thanks!

Thats great, every try is worth an experience.. Kudos :good::good:

Reactions: James Colvap

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    If I wanna downgrade to 4.1.2, must I need some particular version of CWM before flash it by odin?
    I mean, I saw some post where users have troubles with turning on the phone after flashing it.
    Hope you can help me, ty.

I'm on CM11.

You can use any of the Recoveries for Galaxy Grand- CWM or Philz Touch
    Hello,

Thanks!

Thanks!

Thats great, every try is worth an experience.. Kudos :good::good: