Random power offs

Search This thread

wonderbread24

Nov 13, 2011
The Ovens of Hell (AZ)
This has been happening for about 2 months now and has progressively started happening more frequently.

I've narrowed it down to a set of apps that are running when it happens.

Apps in use:
Screen On ( to keep the screen on while driving)
Waze (If you don't know what this app is stop reading now)
Play Music (Streaming through the Pioneer head unit)

It doesn't happen all the time but when it does the screen freezes for about 5 seconds then goes black and music stops the instant the screen freezes. Once the screen is black I try holding down the power button. Sometimes it'll power back on but most times I have to do a battery pull.

I've tried multiple ROM's and it still does it.
I've formatted my internal and external SD.

The last thing I still need to do is ODIN back to stock and then re-root.

Its taken me two weeks to get a logcat when the phone locks up. I'm not sure how much is needed so I'll attach the 2 hour logcat

Get Logcat here.

If someone can help me out and check out the logcat it would be extremely helpful. I can't ODIN back to stock yet because I'm on call all week and need a semi functioning phone till Friday.

p_synthesis

May 24, 2010
I'm on stock unrooted NF4 and getting this sometimes. It happens when I am charging overnight. The next day, phone is off and I have to do a battery pull to turn it on. Luckily on those days I've gotten up before the alarm time. ?

polarbbr

Aug 12, 2014
I'm on stock unrooted NF4 and getting this sometimes. It happens when I am charging overnight. The next day, phone is off and I have to do a battery pull to turn it on. Luckily on those days I've gotten up before the alarm time. ?
I had similar experience when using my phone as gps device in a long distance drive. Maybe because it got hotter?

wonderbread24

Nov 13, 2011
The Ovens of Hell (AZ)
Yesterday I was at the hospital with my son (he just had his tonsils removed). We were watching a movie Netflix and my phone locked up and rebooted 4 times within a 30 minute span. I finally had time afterwards to Odin back to stock and updated to NF4 then CFautoroot, TWRP latest and flashed Hyperdrive. I had hoped all was good but when i was cleaning out my car (streaming to the BT stereo) it locked up 10 minutes into my playlist.

Should I take it back to T-Mobile? Is there something else that I can do to troubleshoot?

wonderbread24

Nov 13, 2011
The Ovens of Hell (AZ)
Not using setcpu. Was using the Hyperdrive tweaks to control frequencies.

I tried the latest compulsion kernel and within an hour it restarted twice. Tried the latest leanKernel and still rebooted. I guess I could go to stock, but I hate that music via bluetooth skips constantly on stock kernel.

The reboots are happening now at complete random, sometimes I'm using the phone other times I have the phone sitting on my desk and I'll look down and its at the Galaxy splash screen with the seandroid is not enforcing at the top.

I'm kinda lost at what it might be...I don't think its the ROM, and I'd really like to stick with hyperdrive just because for what I want in a ROM its all there.

mdiaz33685

Feb 20, 2009
Tampa, FL
Not using setcpu. Was using the Hyperdrive tweaks to control frequencies.

I tried the latest compulsion kernel and within an hour it restarted twice. Tried the latest leanKernel and still rebooted. I guess I could go to stock, but I hate that music via bluetooth skips constantly on stock kernel.

The reboots are happening now at complete random, sometimes I'm using the phone other times I have the phone sitting on my desk and I'll look down and its at the Galaxy splash screen with the seandroid is not enforcing at the top.

I'm kinda lost at what it might be...I don't think its the ROM, and I'd really like to stick with hyperdrive just because for what I want in a ROM its all there.

if u want to try something, when u ODIN flash the firmware, after it boots up, I ODIN flash TWRP then use my Stock Odex not rooted roms,then if u want root just flash SU from chainfire and install busybox,from the playstore, keep a copy on the sdcard and install.. and LEAVE the STOCK KERNEL, I use stock kernels and have no issues this way,
make a copy of my rom, remove the files u don't want from system/app and system/priv-app then flash that rom and SU right after that install busybox, and test that way. if u want I also have on the 3rd page a tethering rom, I have all the version, http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=51812491#post51812491

try it out, If u have problems, try not restore any data if u use titanium backup..