[Q] How to root Huawei U8651T (T-Mobile Prism) / U8651S (T-Mobile Summit)

Search This thread

lazydorkk

Jun 8, 2012
I was wondering how to root the Huawei U8651T also known as the T-mobile Prism that was recently released.

I've tried using SuperOneClick, but it always freezes on step 7. I've also tried manually applying the zergRush exploit, but it seems to have been patched either on my phone or just Android 2.3.6.

Is it possible to root this phone using the same method as for Huawei U8650 Sonic?

Thanks

masakote

Jun 8, 2012
I have the same problem. I have been looking and I can't find anything, I try with different methods and nothing seems to work.

mieuxvivre

Jun 18, 2012
I have the same problem rooting my Huawei U8651T with Android 2.3.6 It hangs up at step 7. I would really appreciate knowing how to root this phone.

scented

Jan 12, 2011
Wind Mobile - Huawei u8651t Root and Huawei Sonic CM7.2

The step below works perfectly but I forgot to do a backup of the original Wind Stock Rom in recovery. Could someone please post the Windmobile ROM? Thanks.

Huawei (Astro/Prism) u8651t has the same hardware as Huawei (Sonic) u8650. So the Sonic Rom will work on the Astro/Prism phone.

-------------------------------------

Step 1: google -> crazypig u8651t rom
Step 2: download the CWrevovery and CyanogenMod 7.2 STABLE (2.3.7) 16-06-2012
Step 3: Follow the instruction below

down load CW revober first: CWRevovery

1.Trun off your U8651t and take out the battery
2.Put back your battery, and when you trun it on.Hold on Vol.- and power button
3.connect your U8651t to your computer
4.running Recovery.bat from the files you donwload, when it finshed, U8651t will reboot.
5.Flash any rooted Rom

your can download this Rom CyanogenMod 7.2 STABLE (2.3.7) 16-06-2012

Last edited:

maxolini

Jun 27, 2012
Tmobile Prism (u8651T ) dont boot after CM7

Ok, so i read this

and install sucesfully the CW recovery
so i copied CyanogenMod 7.2 STABLE (2.3.7) . zip

and flashed with the menu on CW
all went fine until that point, when i reboot the phone
i get a white tmobile screen with the logo ( as normal boot before the flash )
then i get the moving CyanogenMod moving logo
after that i get black screen.... no LED.... nothing... just that ( i can see the screen active with a little glow.... but nothing... just lala land for the phone

i need to remove the the battery to make it boot again... but same cycle
after the CyanogenMod screen.... black....

now i got a paper weight... :(
any ideas ?

-------------------------------------------- EDIT
ohhhhh it works now, i wiped off the caches, and user data and it booted now !!!!
sorry for the rant...
Max.
Max.

Last edited:
Reactions: davidwhelan

ari2008

Jul 30, 2012
CW recovery

Ok, so i read this

and install sucesfully the CW recovery
so i copied CyanogenMod 7.2 STABLE (2.3.7) . zip

and flashed with the menu on CW
all went fine until that point, when i reboot the phone
i get a white tmobile screen with the logo ( as normal boot before the flash )
then i get the moving CyanogenMod moving logo
after that i get black screen.... no LED.... nothing... just that ( i can see the screen active with a little glow.... but nothing... just lala land for the phone

i need to remove the the battery to make it boot again... but same cycle
after the CyanogenMod screen.... black....

now i got a paper weight... :(
any ideas ?

-------------------------------------------- EDIT
ohhhhh it works now, i wiped off the caches, and user data and it booted now !!!!
sorry for the rant...
Max.
Max.

i im new into Android os can u tell me what it CW recovery were i can download this program ??

Reactions: ruffbeast

KrisM22

Sep 12, 2010
many ways to guide, many ways to heal
2-1-2014 - I am no longer paying any attention to this thread. It doesn't work, afaiac. I am tired and I have no interest.

I have had enough of this so I have removed it and am gone.

someone pi**ed in my cheerios and i am tired and have no interest

post 504:

Who pissed in your cheerios? Didn't think anything was wrong with discussing things pertaining to the prism, in the prism forum?
I really didn't see where attitude is called for but. Everyone is big on the keyboard.
Either way, maybe your day will get better.

Have a good one.
Sent from my Huawei u8650 using xda app-developers app

had to just keep hounding!

Last edited:

D1358531

Apr 1, 2012
Odd. Mine works fine. I would suggest redoing the flash root, wipe data, wipe cache, flash ide, audio, gapps. try my instructions in post10, this thread (let me know if you spot errors!)

I tried it again, and have the same problem. I do want to thank you for that post that explained everything :D

KrisM22

Sep 12, 2010
I tried it again, and have the same problem. I do want to thank you for that post that explained everything :D

You're welcome, but I am confused that you're having a prob. Have you run superuser? googleplay?

---------- Post added at 09:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:22 PM ----------

You're welcome, but I am confused that you're having a prob. Have you run superuser? googleplay?

By the way, you didn't run update on that Cyanogenmod rom did you? Don't, it's already rooted...

D1358531

Apr 1, 2012

---------- Post added at 09:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:22 PM ----------

By the way, you didn't run update on that Cyanogenmod rom did you? Don't, it's already rooted...
Everything else seems to be fine, just the CM Settings. The phone was already rooted, so I didn't run the update again :) I was using a Samsung Dart for a while (rooted and I tried 4 custom roms with that haha) and just switched to the Prism.

KrisM22

Sep 12, 2010
Everything else seems to be fine, just the CM Settings. The phone was already rooted, so I didn't run the update again :) I was using a Samsung Dart for a while (rooted and I tried 4 custom roms with that haha) and just switched to the Prism.

Oh I see. If you slide it to a screen, and then execute it there, you get that force close msg. If you click on it in your apps lib it works fine.

EDIT: rats, now mine's not working. trying a reboot...

Last edited:

D1358531

Apr 1, 2012
I just went into settings and selected it there...weird

Sent from my U8650 using Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2-1-2014 - I am no longer paying any attention to this thread. It doesn't work, afaiac. I am tired and I have no interest.

I have had enough of this so I have removed it and am gone.

someone pi**ed in my cheerios and i am tired and have no interest

post 504:

Who pissed in your cheerios? Didn't think anything was wrong with discussing things pertaining to the prism, in the prism forum?
    I really didn't see where attitude is called for but. Everyone is big on the keyboard.
    Either way, maybe your day will get better.

Have a good one.
    Sent from my Huawei u8650 using xda app-developers app

had to just keep hounding!
    Everything seems to be working up to snuff! Only hiccup is when I click on the CyanogenMod settings I get a "stopped unexpectedly" error. Not sure if I even need to do anything with it but I can't even see what options I have.

On a different note, is there a way I can access the entire internal storage on the phone via a USB connection? With the SD card removed I do not get the USB storage option. I am looking to run some data recovery software on said storage.

TY; Tom

Oh that's probably because you flashed the audio and led fixes, those were intended for an older release haha. It won't hurt anything but if you want to get it to work you'll have to flash the rom and gapps again, without flashing the two fixes.

As for your other question I don't know off the top of my head:confused:
    I was wondering how to root the Huawei U8651T also known as the T-mobile Prism that was recently released.

I've tried using SuperOneClick, but it always freezes on step 7. I've also tried manually applying the zergRush exploit, but it seems to have been patched either on my phone or just Android 2.3.6.

Is it possible to root this phone using the same method as for Huawei U8650 Sonic?

Thanks
    Summit Rooting

I cant thank Kris and everyone on this site enough. Rooting the current rom on the summit doesn't seem to add anything. Didn't want to take the chance of trying to add just the gaaps file to the stock rom and possibly bricking it. So I just went ahead and followed Kris' steps in post 10 and they worked perfectly!!!!!! Did mine and my sons phone and WOW did it make a HUGE difference on this phone. It is actually enjoyable now! Can get apps from google store and do a lot more than before. ---IMPORTANT-- Just a heads up for the Summit owners. If you don't have a data plan like me, when the phone first boots up (when you are finished installing everything), push the Android guy and it will automatically start trying to set up your google account (so you can get apps). When that screen appears, before you start, touch the menu button (the one directly next to the home button) and dissable the data. After you do that wait a minute or so a it will pop up with you having no data network and to enable wifi. Set that up and THEN you can set up your google account without a hitch. Again thank you Kris and everyone!!
    IMPORTANT!! ----> The fast boot screen for the summit is just the Huawei boot logo shown at power on! This is different than the T-Mobile screen for the prism!<----IMPORTANT!!

Well I managed to flash the cyanogenmod rom without a hitch:) So for anyone looking to root the huawei summit (u8651s) and put google play on it which it mysteriously lacks, this is the way to go. Thanks for the great guide!