[KITCHEN][GER][WM65][build 23016.5.3.0] V0.94 BlackStone Buddy Count

Search This thread

Buddy Count

Jun 26, 2009
[KITCHEN][GER][WM65][build 23016.5.3.0] V0.94 HTC BlackStone/ Touch HD Buddy Count

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

More images of this kitchen

BACKUP YOUR DATA BEFORE FLASHING!!!
FLASHING @ YOUR OWN RISK!!!
Remember thread language is ENGLISH!
(though the kitchen is german)

Don't PM me, except for bug fixes (solutions), post any other questions into this thread! And as always: USE Google, SEARCH, WIKI and FAQs
(I did the whole kitchen this way)

HOWTO use the kitchen:
Make sure your phone is plugged to an AC or at least charged at 50 percent BEFORE flashing!!!
  • Check FAQs and HowTos below for further information
  • Install files from "_PREREQ" folder before flashing!!!
  • "SASHIMI" has to be unzipped to your storage card
  • Password for the archive: BuddyCount4XDA-DEV
  • Extract the kitchen to a root folder without spaces
    (e.g. "D:\Blackstone_WM65")
  • Start "erviuskitchen.exe"
  • Select "Load ROM"
  • Choose "23016" configuration
  • From the list in the middle make your package selections, by doubleclicking
  • Make sure "Real WM 6.5 AKU" is checked
  • Hit "Create ROM"
  • When everything is built, the window for flashing appears. Cancel it, I recommend flashing by Micro-SD (see FAQs)
  • FLASH HSPL 1.56 from "_PREREQ" folder
  • FLASH "Radio_1.14.25.24" from "_PREREQ"
  • Finally FLASH "ruu_signed.nbh" from "RELEASE_Blackstone" folder (see FAQs)
  • REMEBER TO HARDRESET!!!
  • Enjoy your custom ROM :D

General notes:

The kitchen and its folder structure is designed for easy use. Extensions and packages containing a leading "_MY_" where modified by me (Mostly to meet CPL numbers and links in german rom folder structure.) So if you update them, watch out for the "app.reg", "app.dat" and "*.provxml" files to meet the kitchen structure. The "OEM" folder contains command files for language specific folders and CABs installations for the first startup and the customizing. (I will explain that in more detail, when writing the FAQs).

Why moving to WM65:

• Nearly 99% german OS and APPs :cool:
  • Better power management (battery lasts about twice the time as some shipping ROMs)
  • Rhodium manila fully working (including new features, SMS, Worldclock, AudioPlayer and Weather)
  • High-res icons for APPs and folders
  • Fingerfriendly menus (and in this release) keyboard
  • Everything is skinnable directly from the OS without extra apps
  • Fast WM 6.5 Lock-Slider (below 1 sec.)
  • Auto Screenrotation
  • Nearly all APPs from 6.1 work (except WVGA Fix, but isn't needed for ScummVM, just rotate ;))
  • And much more...!

Download links:

Kitchen (23016):
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=3BPZ603S

ROM only (23016):
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ZW3IX7LI

OLD FILES!!! (use new ones above)

Kitchen (23008):
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=J5OV7WH7

ROM only (23008):
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=EFDLLE3K

Kitchen (23004):
http://rapidshare.com/files/254325877/BLACKSTONE_WM65_23004_GER_BuddyCount.7z

ROM only (23004):
http://rapidshare.com/files/254313317/ruu_signed.zip

Kitchen (23003; STANBYFREEZE):
http://rapidshare.com/files/253326375/BlackStone_WM65_GER.7z

ROM only (23003; STANBYFREEZE):
http://rapidshare.com/files/253321551/ruu_signed.zip

BUGs and fixes:

I spent a lot of time bugfixing the manila Rhodium issues and other language specific errors. But most bugs have been fixed, so the ROM runs really smooth. Its ready for daily use!

Known issues:

• SRS WOW causes Media Player volume control not to work properly. (So don't use it right now)
  • Backlight, lightsensor & auto lock times (perfect settings have to be found)
  • Energy-Management log doesn't work
  • "Windows Live Search" is not german
  • Comm Manger: Bluetooth ON/ OFF switch not working (FIX: Tap to the left of the switch and watch the taskbar for the Bluetooth icon)
  • Leave "push internet engine" to save about 10 percent of RAM
  • Manila is hungry and consumes a lot of RAM
  • If u choose all APPs, when building, be patient!!! First boot will take a lot of time (but will succeed!). :rolleyes:

To come:

• Some bugfixes ;)
  • Memory usage improvements
  • Speed improvements (though it is really acceptable)
  • Cleaning, to maximize internal, available storage

Last notes:

See below for further installation information (FAQs & HowTos)!

English is not my native language, so typos might not be rare... ;)

The BlackStone is my first windows mobile device, so I'm still learning :D
(And my first post in a forum like that, so mods, please tell me, if I did sth. wrong. If so, sorry in advance!)

The aim of this kitchen is to provide a fully featured, stable and fast german ROM, which anybody can customize to his needs. WWE will be added. (At least the fixes and packages are WWE compatible by now, except for some missing shortcuts).

Due to the fact of having a full time job, a girlfriend and some IT-related projects running, I cannot respond that quick to posts or PMs. So please be patient and don't spam my box or this thread!

If you appreciate my work, consider a small donation! THX! (Donators will be listed)

THX TO:

• Ollipro for HSPL to make all the flashing possible!
  • Ervius and Bepe for this great kitchen!!!
  • Sparkienl for providing the system OS base files!
  • Special THX to Miri for all the cummunity support! (And greyscreen fix ;))
  • Da_G for his hard work!
  • Starbase64 for his effort in the german community!
  • ANDYx1975 for the (nearly) last german MUI issues
  • The whole XDA-Community!
  • HTC for manufactureing those lovely devices!
  • Microsoft for developing WM 6.5!
  • Google for that great search engine! (Though its scary they know everything :rolleyes:)

Special thanks to the following donators: (I'll drink a beer to you! THX!!!)

• badboy007 for the first donation! (w00t :))
  • Svebu
  • epsongun
  • Please PM me your nick, if you made a donation. I will post your name here

Last edited:

Buddy Count

Jun 26, 2009
Changelog & FAQs

Changelog:

See Temporarily fixes/ hints for different builds for additonal tipps on using the kitchen/ ROM. Also check General troubleshooting for fighting bugs.

• More free memory
    • Faster Bootup
    • OEM folder totally reworked:
      No more wait for customization on first boot, it should always appear.
      Correct timezone is selected automatically for 0407
      IE favorites and icons fixed
      Cleaned unused stuff
      Changed default theme to fit colors
    • Reworked manila TV Player (Including german channels!!!) (wishlist)
    • Fixed WM65 bootscreen to fit welcome messages
    • Added WM65 Classic Black as default theme
    • Reworked other themes:
      Choose any installed theme you like without greyscreen issues and go back to default by selecting "Classic Black"
    • Reworked startmenu folder and icons (wishlist):
      New folders added, extended ranking of icons
    • Added help files link to start menu
    • Fixed Opera local homepage
    • Fixed IE local homepage
    • Fixed Opera favorites
    • Faster Opera G-Sensor rotation
    • Added Manila AudioPlayer cabled headset control
    • No more icon flickering in Total Commander
    • Fingerfriendly "+" signs work in every application (e.g. Adobe Reader, PHM RegEdit)
    • Updated ervius kitchen (coloured, no more DOS window)
    • Updated package descriptions in ervius kitchen (wishlist)
    • Updated some language files
    • Added fring icon for manila programm launcher and wm65 start menu (wishlist)
    • Some other icons added for WM65 (new folders, Sashimi, Makisu, HushSMS)
    • Added new homezone package (wishlist)
    • Added customized SASHIMI for auto installation of your own cabs/ files/ etc.
      => UNZIP TO YOUR EXTERNAL STORAGE CARD from _PREREQ folder BEFORE cooking/ flashing ROM!!!
    • Some things I don't remember right now ;)
    • Manila Program Launcher added
    • Added SRS WOW
    • And many things more (will be updated these days)
    • StanbyFreeze issue fixed
    • Grey dialogs fixed (THX to miri)
    • Some translation errors fixed (THX to Andy)
    • Custom packages: Added versions
    • Extension fixes
      Quick and dirty update ;): Unpack the extension fixes in your kitchen folder, delete old APP_Icons and hComber folder, overwrite the other files.
      It fixes hComber, lowres myphone icon in settings folder, updates G-Sensor whitelist, adds Program launcher to manila (EDIT: DONT USE THE LAUNCHER PACKAGE, other manila tabs soft buttons wont work after clicking "all" and icons are dirty, still fixing that), adds Comm Mgr. shortcut to WM65 today screen.

FAQs
moved to another thread due to chars limit... ;)

1. Kitchen
  2. External packages
  3. General troubleshooting

Last edited:

miri

Retired Recognized Developer
Apr 29, 2007
Tirana
Congratulations Buddy Count, is nice to have localized kitchens. From your screenshots I see the grey background, it's a known problem.

Did you solve it? If not I can send you my fixed themes to correct this problem and you can replace them in the kitchen.

starbase64

Apr 3, 2007
Hi,

German is not very popular here, but I find it very good.

with friendly greet

starbase64

Kreuzfelder

Apr 20, 2008
Dortmund - Germany
I agree with StarBase, German Language is not so populare in this Forum BUT i like it much more :D

It's not a big Problem to use a english Rom...a Rom in Mother language is much nicer.

So, very very thank you for your hard work.

P.S. Verschluckt euch nicht an meinem grottigen Englisch :rolleyes:

Buddy Count

Jun 26, 2009
@miri and starbase: Thanks for the flowers! (When everything is finished in german, I'll also add the english extensions. OS base and my personal fixes and apps are WWE ready by now.)

I personally like the grey background, but you can change it for the today tab, by the manila options. The other tabs will stay grey, I will fix that. Think I_m gonna edit some manila files like showaco. If you got already fixed mainal files, 4 wvga, let me know and I'll update the kitchen as soon as possible.

@Seeadlerkomm: Thanks! But remember, thread language is english ;)

@pg2005: By now every app I got works with WM65. (Really!) Only issue: No WVGA Fix 3 app, but I only needed it for ScummVM and you can rotate the screen, so that WVGA Fix 3 is no longer needed by me.

Greetz!

twister_65

Jun 25, 2009
Nice to read some german ;)
Great Work!!

If a new WM Build is released, i have to download also a new german release or it is possible to "merge" the english release with the german files i always have in the kitchen?

pg2005

Feb 25, 2007
Could you please send me a picture of the start screen manila ? Can I add several programs on the start screen? Any experience someone?

Anyway no need for me to cook anything inside, just the most stable version is interesting.

I am not allowed to write in german anymore..I am not allowed to write in german anymore..I am not allowed to write in german anymore..I am not allowed to write in german anymore..I am not allowed to write in german anymore..I am not allowed to write in german anymore..I am not allowed to write in german anymore..:D:D:D:D:D

Buddy Count

Jun 26, 2009
@twister_65: Check the FAQs :D

My aim is to keep this kitchen as easy as possible and provide all information needed to successfully build a custom ROM in this thread.

@sparkienl: Thanks for coming by and keep your good work going! It is appreciated!

Buddy Count

Jun 26, 2009
Doubleposting... Its late night :D, see below (@Mods please delete, if possible)

Last edited:

Buddy Count

Jun 26, 2009
I think you got the point with the language, thanks! :D

I will provide more screenshots later this night... Tomorrow will be some troubleshooting.

Sure you can add your programms, any programm installed will show its icon in the WM65 honeycomb start menu, hi-res icons for the WM65 honeycomb menu have to be made manually and some changes to the registry are needed. But I almost made/ converted icons for many apps. If its a useful app, I can add it to the kitchen later on. A FAQ on how to add apps will follow.

jammysunny

Feb 13, 2009
Karlsruhe
hi all,
one question,
did buddy get this german wm6.5 from microsoft, or did he changed all mui`s from wwe to german for himself?
maybe this will be the reason, why we actually must do softresets after standby....
jammysunny

Buddy Count

Jun 26, 2009
@jammysunny I ported all the MUIs, as I said in "THX to" to the SYS base from sparkienl. There is no official WM65 release yet.

I was trying around with different bases for several weeks, running stable, this is not an issue of the mui. I will build some releases today, to track that failure down. It will be running smooth. It may be an issue of some registry setting or a driver in the new OEM COMMON driver folder I used. Maybe the base is the problem, didnt had that with 21812. (MS changed sth with the Lock slider, it is acting faster in this release, so I guess they also changed some reg settings for the power manager). But I changed some more things, so I have to track this down first. I will edit the first post then.

This is one of the last big issues, I use this kitchen/ ROM on daily basis and everything else works fine. So if anyone tracked down the failure himself, please PM me.

Though WM65 is final accoring to MS, there are also many new releases after that point, I think they are still improving little things. If I find a newer base version, I will test and release it. By now Im just trying to track down the last issues. So we have a smooth and stable running WM65 :D with lots of packed features... And anyone can build the packages he want to his preferred ROM.

Buddy Count

Jun 26, 2009
:) THX! I updated the OEM drivers and I'm testing right now. By now, no more freezing in standby, but phone has to recharge at the moment, I will test further, when battery is charged. The standby freeze is one of the last big issues, size reducing and memory otimization is just much time intensive, but not that hard. As well as porting to WWE.

I got vacation till sunday, if my girlfriend lets me, I think by the end of this week we will have a stable kitchen for daily use, then only memory optimizing and storage consumption (and porting to WWE) has to be done. As well as some documenting and some batch files, I have to finalize to make things easy.