[Q] OTA update and ROM Stock issue

Search This thread

Saut-Mon

Jul 30, 2014
Long Beach
Hi,

A couple of months ago, I've installed on my device the Stock ROM (odexed version) and the Stock Recovery for Android 4.4.2 (for the HTC One M8, obviously). Everything went well. (By the way, my current software number is 1.54.401.10)
Android 4.4.3 is supposed to be out since a couple of days but, when I check for updates, it says that "No update is available". I've tried with differents CIDs, HTC__203 (because I'm french), HTC__001 (because I don't know if it changes anything), even with the SuperCID and the result is always the same.

My phone is still S-OFF and marked as tampered and relocked on the bootloader.

Can anyone help me with that ?

Thanks in advance :)

redpoint73

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 24, 2007
It often takes longer than a couple days for the OTA to roll out to all users. Sometimes even a few weeks.

redpoint73

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 24, 2007
I wonder, does it make a difference for my french phone to have HTC_001 or SuperCID as a CID or am I forced to use HTC__203 ?

Your CID will need to match the CID required by the OTA, or SuperCID (which should pass any CID check). Did you install the stock ROM for your version, or another versions? But I don't believe this shouldn't affect your ability to receive the OTA. It will just fail the CID check when it tries to install.