Kindle Fire HDX Softbrick?

Search This thread

Hellmanjk

Jul 23, 2014
I am not even sure what happened. I was using Splashtop THD Gaming and it lags over the internet. The website says to lower your tablet resolution. So I installed LCD Resolution Root and lowered the resolution. I did that and it permanently ****ed up my user interface. Even after I uninstalled LCD RR my UI was showing some apps big and small etc. I had another launcher installed so I was gonna use it in the meantime. I thought I could fix the problem with my UI by clearing my Amazon Launcher in the app section. I have done that before on 13.3.2.4 and it fixed itself. Well I am on 13.3.1.0 right now. So I cleared the Amazon Launcher and it didn't do anything but now everytime I launcher the Amazon Launcher it kept asking for my language so I would give it then as soon as that closed it would ask it again in a loop. So I tried uninstalling the Amazon Launcher and reinstalling it but it would not uninstall. So I just hit factory reset. The Kindle restarted properly and it lead me to the lock screen. I unlocked it and it gave me a blank screen. When I tried powering it off it showed me the buttons on the bottom: home button, back arrow etc. but it showed nothing else. So I rebooted it and now it just has the Kindle Fire logo and nothing is happening.

I do not know what's going on. I have cleared the Launcher before on 13.3.2.4. I guess the old version I have now is unstable. Is there anything I can do? I can still open safestrap. And this is on my stock OS which is not modified in any way other than root.

Thanks and I am still reading other threads.

Hellmanjk

Jul 23, 2014
Good News I just help with a small detail.

I was able to backup and restore my current mishappen OS to a second ROM slot and although only the lock screen appeared I was able to access my kindle drive on my computer so I downloaded and installed Amazon OS for 13.3.1.0 on a rom slot and it works. So my kindle is useable but what can I do to fix my stock os? The launcher is broke on the stock OS.

Hellmanjk

Jul 23, 2014
FIXED

Well I fixed it. I ended up just restoring and fixing it.
Sorry for wasting space. Still not sure what the issue was.

Top Liked Posts