[MOD] DL30 Data Throttle Remover

Search This thread

drod2169

Feb 19, 2010
Tampa, FL
This should remove the data throttle cap for the new DL30 Leak

**THIS SHOULD ONLY BE FLASHED OVER THE LEAK OR ANY ROMS BASED OFF THE LEAK, NOT ANY THEMES. IF FLASHED OVER A THEME, IT COULD POTENTIALLY CAUSE A BOOTLOOP, OR BREAK THE CHANGES THE THEMER MADE. YOU'VE BEEN WARNED**

..::..Data Service Governer Killer..::..

1. What does this do?
This is a modification to the services.jar framework file, that allows you to have an un-throttled internet.

2. Will this make my internet faster?
Yes and No. This will not "Upgrade" your internet. This only takes the trottle off, so you can download, or play games and not have to worry about it hitting a certain peak and lagging from that point on. It doesn't provide you with a new internet, only a warm fuzzy feeling from knowing you don't have to worry about it capping off.

3. If I flash this, will it break my phone?
If it did, yours would be the first case I heard of. I've personally flashed it NUMEROUS times.

4. Will this work on any ROM?
Yes. This is not based off a particular ROM, and can be used with ANY Fascinate ROM. ALTHOUGH If you're Dev has made changes to the services.jar file, this could wipe those changes out. If you are unsure, send me your services.jar file, and i will look for you. Hopefully, i'll be able to make a download list in a couple days with all the Dev's services.jar files, so you can download that specific one. You can always ask your Dev.

5. Do I have to be rooted?
Yes. In order to be able to flash this, you are going to need to have root with a custom recovery

All credit goes to the dev who figured this out, sino8r! I simply applied this to the new froyo leak.

Download:
http://bit.ly/h8Ostj

Flash via CWM.

I am not responsible for anything that may happen/go wrong during or from this.

Last edited:

mrodsunshine

Oct 11, 2010
not too sure on the details, but either it a) drops your bandwidth to a lower amount once you hit a predetermined data cap (from say, 2MB/sec to 100kb/sec for a given time), or b) limits download/upload speeds below what your phone/carrier is capable of. feel free to correct me if i'm wrong on this though.

drod2169

Feb 19, 2010
Tampa, FL
not too sure on the details, but either it a) drops your bandwidth to a lower amount once you hit a predetermined data cap (from say, 2MB/sec to 100kb/sec for a given time), or b) limits download/upload speeds below what your phone/carrier is capable of. feel free to correct me if i'm wrong on this though.

this. they throttle your data once you hit a certain amount, or once your area hits a certain amount.

something like that. i just know it helps when downloading things :)

johnnyv5

Oct 12, 2006
My results.

Have installed dl30-leaked.zip. Downloaded speedtest.net from market and before applying this was getting mid 100's with 1 bar (bad signal in my office). After applying getting 444kbps first run and 647 second run....

ymmv.

jv

40Glock

Mar 23, 2010
The idea is to remove a "data throttle" much like a governor built into the phone which keeps your data speeds at whatever vzw pre-determined as opposed to what the phone/network can handle at the moment.

This install however completely ruined my phones ability to accurately report my battery charge.

scriz

Jan 20, 2009
Dayton, OH
Services.jar is a system file. And this zip works. Took my data speeds from 80k/150k to 899k/345k

Sent from my SCH-I500 using XDA App

SeatownGST

Sep 15, 2010
wait a minute, so we wait all this time, and they throttle the default 2.2 package? so that means everyone has to root their phone now, adjust it with this to get the best service?

sonofskywalker3

Jan 22, 2009
the theme issue is that most themes contain services.jar edits to change some colors/transparencies, and are also required to add options to the power menu. I would suggest that anyone creating a custom theme or power mod should start with this instead of stock to include this fix, or if the OP could post the source the same changes could be made along with theme changes.

rlblosser

Feb 26, 2010
themes

So is it ok to install a theme that was created for dj05 and apply the theme fix for dl09 with froyo if I don't install this bandwidth fix?

Thanks!

garywojdan81

Aug 10, 2010
Could this be used with Adrynalyne's DL09 rom with a voodoo kernel?

adrynalyne

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 13, 2008
No it cannot be used on DL09 and honestly...Verizon doesn't throttle 3G. It literally varies that much between tests and the reality is, placebo effect is most likely what folks are seeing.

GSM providers are likely to be different.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This should remove the data throttle cap for the new DL30 Leak

**THIS SHOULD ONLY BE FLASHED OVER THE LEAK OR ANY ROMS BASED OFF THE LEAK, NOT ANY THEMES. IF FLASHED OVER A THEME, IT COULD POTENTIALLY CAUSE A BOOTLOOP, OR BREAK THE CHANGES THE THEMER MADE. YOU'VE BEEN WARNED**

..::..Data Service Governer Killer..::..

1. What does this do?
    This is a modification to the services.jar framework file, that allows you to have an un-throttled internet.

2. Will this make my internet faster?
    Yes and No. This will not "Upgrade" your internet. This only takes the trottle off, so you can download, or play games and not have to worry about it hitting a certain peak and lagging from that point on. It doesn't provide you with a new internet, only a warm fuzzy feeling from knowing you don't have to worry about it capping off.

3. If I flash this, will it break my phone?
    If it did, yours would be the first case I heard of. I've personally flashed it NUMEROUS times.

4. Will this work on any ROM?
    Yes. This is not based off a particular ROM, and can be used with ANY Fascinate ROM. ALTHOUGH If you're Dev has made changes to the services.jar file, this could wipe those changes out. If you are unsure, send me your services.jar file, and i will look for you. Hopefully, i'll be able to make a download list in a couple days with all the Dev's services.jar files, so you can download that specific one. You can always ask your Dev.

5. Do I have to be rooted?
    Yes. In order to be able to flash this, you are going to need to have root with a custom recovery

All credit goes to the dev who figured this out, sino8r! I simply applied this to the new froyo leak.

Download:
    http://bit.ly/h8Ostj

Flash via CWM.

I am not responsible for anything that may happen/go wrong during or from this.
    I think I'm being throttled. I'll check speeds again when I get home.

470629a7-4f45-326a.jpg

Sent from my Samsung Fascinate

Rofl. That's not throttled, that's auto-erotic asphyxiation.