[ROM] SuperOSR NexusOne base SuperTe@m v2.4.0 (Gingerbread 2.3.7)

Search This thread

waylo

May 9, 2010
This is a thread for the Nexus One SuperOSR ROM. This ROM is descended from the SuperAOSP ROM. It does not appear SuperAOSP will be further developed, the last version was v8.6. That xdaforums thread is here:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=966635

I value the "Super" line of ROMs because they have been rock stable, have built in Apps2SD, many CM additions, and good battery life.

The primary forum for this ROM is a Spanish one, called movilzona.es. Anything posted here from that forum has been run through google translate, with mixed results. If a native speaker would like to help correct some of these translations, great!

I do not have any say or input into the development of this ROM. I obtained permission of the ROM cook (nelo360), who makes the Nexus One version, to post information about it here. He has explicitly stated he cannot provide any support other than on the original Spanish forum. Of course, the forum community will try to help each other out. I will try to update new releases here.

All credit of course goes to nelo360 and the rest of the development team, SuperTe@m.

The original thread on movilzona.es is here:
http://www.movilzona.es/foro/superosr-nexusone-base-superte-gingerbread-t5882.html

The following is directly from their forum, translated poorly:
Message Super @ Take it and accepted by the group SuperTed @ m.

Disclaimer:
NOT going to give any support to this ROM from any forum other than this one (movilzona.es), this is it is very common for people to hang it in another forum and then have to be looking where it hung in addition to the main forum and I can not respond to external requests of this kind, because I can not be everywhere.

It's funny to talk over the ROM from elsewhere, since the main from which it hung, plus you have to think that this would not be possible if there were forums like this, from which terminals to lend me all enjoy ROMS varied. For questions, NO is posted in HTCMANIA because this forum was banned for posting ROMS here.

For any questions of why this resolution, since many people keep asking me from twitter, because I hang on HTCMANIA ROMS can see the explanation here:
http://www.movilzona.es/foro/superatmel-f73.html

Last edited:

waylo

May 9, 2010
Install Notes

SuperOSR for Nexus One AntiWipe

- Clarification and instructions

Once you start, leave the phone 3 to 5 minutes at rest so it can configure itself on first boot. The LED will shine blue through this period. Once it turns off, you can start using the phone.

IMPORTANT App2SD will not turn on without restarting the phone at least once.
Can be activated from: SupSetup/Options/App2SD and LinuxSwap/Activate App2SD

If you want to install extra apps from SupSetup is important to do before you set google account, this way, when we install any application market will be downloaded automatically apps we select the SupSetup.

If you have problems after installing, before blaming the ROM, try to install it with full wipe.

DOWNLOAD from here:

v2.4.0
http://goo.gl/htXpe

v2.2.0
http://goo.gl/iJpoi

v2.1.0
http://goo.gl/KfT2U

Update to flash from the recovery that we restore the original source in the lock screen:
http://goo.gl/vX4Eo
<I don't know what that last sentence is supposed to mean>

I recommend you skip google account login the very first time you install. Configure the ROM first, turn on apps2sd if you wish (it will auto-reboot), then do your google login. Otherwise, it will start auto-downloading all your apps from market, and generally make a huge mess.

Screenshots:

Attachments

• snap20110731_180117.jpg
    snap20110731_180117.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 6,272
  • snap20110731_180133.jpg
    snap20110731_180133.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 4,189
  • snap20110731_180141.jpg
    snap20110731_180141.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 4,203
  • snap20110731_180157.jpg
    snap20110731_180157.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 3,439
Last edited:
Reactions: trungarow

waylo

May 9, 2010
Changelog

Changelog v1 SuperOSR AW *
- Based on Android 2.3.5
- All improvements CyanogenMod
- New kernel 2.6.38.8 redstar
- Added ADWLauncher as default launcher
- New visuals
- many internal improvements and bug repaired

v2.0.0
- New boot animation
- New Wallpaper
- New graphical look
- Updated some apps
- Fixed the bug of random color of the trackball
- Restructuring wireless menu
- Modified apn Pepephone (I think this is a mobile service provider in Spain)
- Internal improvements and optimizations

v2.0.2
- Blue LED activity during installation. (Expect to be off to start playing)
- Removed some apps (you can install from the market)
- ADW is changed by the original launcher modified
- Increased the cache to 1024 kb sd to increase the writing speed via USB
- Compiled 2.6.38.8 kernel redstar, with the latest updates
- Improved power consumption
- Modified the graphics in different rom sites
- (CM) has rewritten part of the code led the trackball notifications
- Base CodeAurora

v2.1.0
- Based on android 2.3.7
- Added support for multiple languages ​
- New lockscreen options
- Fixed some pngs
- Several small bugs fixed

v2.2.0
- Sources synchronized (17.11.2011) Google and CM
- New battery (MIUI style) by default
- Option to take screenshots by pressing the power button for a while
- Fix that greatly improves the speed of writing on the sd (overhtc thanks for the tip)
- Reorganization and edit some menus
- New version lockscreen ring (center ring only)
- Removed some apps to make the lightest rom (can be installed from the market)
· Google Docs
· Google Plus
· Adobe Flash Player

V2.4.0
- Sources synchronized (02/12/2012)
- New animations of ICS
- New visual options lockscreen ring
- More Parts and other translations on menus
- Option to share the screenshots after transmission
- Internal optimizations

Last edited:

waylo

May 9, 2010
Some things I've noticed with v1, coming from a complete wipe.

Market is the older 2.3.6 version
Gmail is an older version which FCs on me. Updating to the new version works fine.
Maps is an older version.

Apparently there is a problem with notifications, from user nodnarb:
Notifications are given as normal, but when you pull down the notifications bar to select any of the notifications it doesn't acknowledge the tap.

waylo

May 9, 2010
Already customized my ROM after installing, so graphically it's not particularly impressive.

Basically the ROM runs ADWLauncher, so not so much to show more than that.

I'll post some shots from the settings pages.

Also, some screenshots available here from the older version. Graphically, not much has changed.

http://www.movilzona.es/foro/superaosp-para-nexus-one-por-superatmel-tolemac-t4675.html

Go to post #3. Except it will be in English =)

Last edited:

Galloway

Sep 14, 2010
Calgary, Alberta
OnePlus 7 Pro
Been running the new version since last night. So far it's not bad. I did like the old launcher better then ADW but what do ya do....Battery life seems great so far. So far my notifications seem to work ok. Not any significant changes but maybe the subtle ones will show up with use. Too bad the only support is on a Spanish only site. I suppose we can all support it here as well to an extent....

hackermail

Nov 27, 2010
charlotte
Redmi K20 Pro
I have been running this rom since yesterday and so far no issues at all! No notification issues or Gmail FC's here. am glad that you have created a thread there. I too am a big fan of Super line of roms. Thanks for your effort. :)

tanclo

I have been running this rom since yesterday and so far no issues at all! No notification issues or Gmail FC's here. am glad that you have created a thread there. I too am a big fan of Super line of roms. Thanks for your effort. :)

I'm glad for the thread too.

Are here any special requirements that I missed - for example, A2SD (mentioned on movilzone thread) usually entails an ext4.. could this be why my installation never worked out? It's just a hunch (I don't have an ext4).

I did have fc of gmail too - do i simply go ahead and update it from market then? I never got to test gtalk. Market is not the newer version which I suppose one can live with.

I flashed it for my wife's phone but as it never gave me any joy, i reverted to SuperAosp 8.6 which works 100%.

thatguyzx

Jul 19, 2008
New York, NY
... Too bad the only support is on a Spanish only site. I suppose we can all support it here as well to an extent....

If you use Google Chrome as your browser, it does a fantastic job of instant auto translating the site. I speak Spanish and can attest to its acceptable accuracy. Chrome also helped me with the Chinese on the original MIUI site.

waylo

May 9, 2010
I'm glad for the thread too.

Are here any special requirements that I missed - for example, A2SD (mentioned on movilzone thread) usually entails an ext4.. could this be why my installation never worked out? It's just a hunch (I don't have an ext4).

I did have fc of gmail too - do i simply go ahead and update it from market then? I never got to test gtalk. Market is not the newer version which I suppose one can live with.

I flashed it for my wife's phone but as it never gave me any joy, i reverted to SuperAosp 8.6 which works 100%.

For a2sd, you can have an ext3 or ext4 partition. Mine is ext3. Any other specific problems?

Right now, I'm not seeing a big difference between 8.6 AOSP and 1.0 OSR, except for some graphical changes (the pop-up boxes look different, the thumbscroll graphic is dark instead of gray).

Actually one thing I have noticed is that my bluetooth autoconnect is not working the way it should. Before it worked okay just by changing one line in the audio.conf file in etc/bluetooth/ (set autoconnect=on). Currently experimenting.

xdraw

Mar 4, 2010
Don't seem much difference in this ROM compared to Superaosp

i have been having some issues tho, wifi no longer works, won't connect to any networks

battery life is half that of superaosp. will try a reflash and see what happens.

tnicko

Mar 6, 2010
Google Pixel 4a
I too have had zero issues. All is well here.

No partitioning of my SD card since I don't used A2SD. Just one fat32 partition.

No problems with any notifications, gmail or market.

Battery life is also very good. I'm averaging 24hrs with moderate usage with SetCPU having one state to throttle speeds down to 128-384 when screen is off.

waylo

May 9, 2010
Anyone having any issues with bluetooth connections?

I restored some bluetooth pairings with TB. Maybe should have left it alone and started anew.

Been messing with the etc/bluetooth/audio.conf file with no improvements.

Galloway

Sep 14, 2010
Calgary, Alberta
OnePlus 7 Pro
No issues so far and my battery life is quite a bit better! I did have to manually connect Bluetooth tonight to my car but I find that happens quite often the first time I flash a new ROM...I'll monitor and see if that continues.

waylo

May 9, 2010
Figured out my bluetooth issue.

Previous, I could swear just by changing (turning on) the autoconnect=on parameter in audio.conf, I could forgo repairing/relearning my bluetooth pairings.

So I changed it after the wipe/flash, and couldn't get it to automatically pair. In fact, couldn't get it to connect at all for any duration.

After putzing around with all the other parameters, I realized I should have just changed back the original thing I had altered ("#autoconnect=on"), and it works fine now.

So, the take home lesson is, don't mess with the etc/bluetooth/audio.conf file that comes preloaded! And just re-pair whatever BT items you had previously.

chromiumcloud

May 24, 2010
Don't seem much difference in this ROM compared to Superaosp

i have been having some issues tho, wifi no longer works, won't connect to any networks

battery life is half that of superaosp. will try a reflash and see what happens.

I too have been less impressed. Battery life I feel is either about the same or worse. (yesterday I got down to 30% by the evening, which is unheard of for SuperASOP).

The other things that have sucked has been a random reboot into recovery (WTF?!), and GPS is slower to lock.

And then to top it all off, this morning the phone was off sitting in my desktop cradle (but 100% charged, LOL). I could live with that because my T-Bolt woke me up, but usually its the other way around in that my N1 is the Old Faithful that I can rely upon for alarm, tethering, etc.
Signal reception is also notably poorer compared to 8.4. Has anyone else noticed this?

I will give it one more day, but I may wipe everything and go back to 8.4, which had the best combo of battery life, signal, and stability for me.

waylo

May 9, 2010
Thanks for your commentary. Even as the OP here, I haven't seen major advances since 8.4 (wonk fix). And I never actually had the wonk! Did you try 8.6 and go back to 8.4? If so, why?

Though, I have not had any wifi issues, or random reboots, or slow GPS locking.

I did notice that sometime in between 8.2, maybe in 8.4, my wifi signal dropped a few bars in my living room, which isn't that far from the router. I had heard there was there some adoption of new wifi driver code?

I'm trusting you did a clean wipe flash? I think some have said that it flashes fine over 8.6, but probably not recommended.

Last edited:

Aug 24, 2009
no have Chinese , Unfortunately.
China has a lot of people , interest in the ROM.
But , they can not use this ROM .
Because they English is so so so bad ,Including me .

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is a thread for the Nexus One SuperOSR ROM. This ROM is descended from the SuperAOSP ROM. It does not appear SuperAOSP will be further developed, the last version was v8.6. That xdaforums thread is here:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=966635

I value the "Super" line of ROMs because they have been rock stable, have built in Apps2SD, many CM additions, and good battery life.

The primary forum for this ROM is a Spanish one, called movilzona.es. Anything posted here from that forum has been run through google translate, with mixed results. If a native speaker would like to help correct some of these translations, great!

I do not have any say or input into the development of this ROM. I obtained permission of the ROM cook (nelo360), who makes the Nexus One version, to post information about it here. He has explicitly stated he cannot provide any support other than on the original Spanish forum. Of course, the forum community will try to help each other out. I will try to update new releases here.

All credit of course goes to nelo360 and the rest of the development team, SuperTe@m.

The original thread on movilzona.es is here:
    http://www.movilzona.es/foro/superosr-nexusone-base-superte-gingerbread-t5882.html

The following is directly from their forum, translated poorly:
    Message Super @ Take it and accepted by the group SuperTed @ m.

Disclaimer:
    NOT going to give any support to this ROM from any forum other than this one (movilzona.es), this is it is very common for people to hang it in another forum and then have to be looking where it hung in addition to the main forum and I can not respond to external requests of this kind, because I can not be everywhere.

It's funny to talk over the ROM from elsewhere, since the main from which it hung, plus you have to think that this would not be possible if there were forums like this, from which terminals to lend me all enjoy ROMS varied. For questions, NO is posted in HTCMANIA because this forum was banned for posting ROMS here.

For any questions of why this resolution, since many people keep asking me from twitter, because I hang on HTCMANIA ROMS can see the explanation here:
    http://www.movilzona.es/foro/superatmel-f73.html
    Install Notes

SuperOSR for Nexus One AntiWipe

- Clarification and instructions

Once you start, leave the phone 3 to 5 minutes at rest so it can configure itself on first boot. The LED will shine blue through this period. Once it turns off, you can start using the phone.

IMPORTANT App2SD will not turn on without restarting the phone at least once.
    Can be activated from: SupSetup/Options/App2SD and LinuxSwap/Activate App2SD

If you want to install extra apps from SupSetup is important to do before you set google account, this way, when we install any application market will be downloaded automatically apps we select the SupSetup.

If you have problems after installing, before blaming the ROM, try to install it with full wipe.

DOWNLOAD from here:

v2.4.0
    http://goo.gl/htXpe

v2.2.0
    http://goo.gl/iJpoi

v2.1.0
    http://goo.gl/KfT2U

Update to flash from the recovery that we restore the original source in the lock screen:
    http://goo.gl/vX4Eo
    <I don't know what that last sentence is supposed to mean>

I recommend you skip google account login the very first time you install. Configure the ROM first, turn on apps2sd if you wish (it will auto-reboot), then do your google login. Otherwise, it will start auto-downloading all your apps from market, and generally make a huge mess.

Screenshots:
    Changelog

Changelog v1 SuperOSR AW *
    - Based on Android 2.3.5
    - All improvements CyanogenMod
    - New kernel 2.6.38.8 redstar
    - Added ADWLauncher as default launcher
    - New visuals
    - many internal improvements and bug repaired

v2.0.0
    - New boot animation
    - New Wallpaper
    - New graphical look
    - Updated some apps
    - Fixed the bug of random color of the trackball
    - Restructuring wireless menu
    - Modified apn Pepephone (I think this is a mobile service provider in Spain)
    - Internal improvements and optimizations

v2.0.2
    - Blue LED activity during installation. (Expect to be off to start playing)
    - Removed some apps (you can install from the market)
    - ADW is changed by the original launcher modified
    - Increased the cache to 1024 kb sd to increase the writing speed via USB
    - Compiled 2.6.38.8 kernel redstar, with the latest updates
    - Improved power consumption
    - Modified the graphics in different rom sites
    - (CM) has rewritten part of the code led the trackball notifications
    - Base CodeAurora

v2.1.0
    - Based on android 2.3.7
    - Added support for multiple languages ​
    - New lockscreen options
    - Fixed some pngs
    - Several small bugs fixed

v2.2.0
    - Sources synchronized (17.11.2011) Google and CM
    - New battery (MIUI style) by default
    - Option to take screenshots by pressing the power button for a while
    - Fix that greatly improves the speed of writing on the sd (overhtc thanks for the tip)
    - Reorganization and edit some menus
    - New version lockscreen ring (center ring only)
    - Removed some apps to make the lightest rom (can be installed from the market)
    · Google Docs
    · Google Plus
    · Adobe Flash Player

V2.4.0
    - Sources synchronized (02/12/2012)
    - New animations of ICS
    - New visual options lockscreen ring
    - More Parts and other translations on menus
    - Option to share the screenshots after transmission
    - Internal optimizations
    Great. Any screenshoots?
    Already customized my ROM after installing, so graphically it's not particularly impressive.

Basically the ROM runs ADWLauncher, so not so much to show more than that.

I'll post some shots from the settings pages.

Also, some screenshots available here from the older version. Graphically, not much has changed.

http://www.movilzona.es/foro/superaosp-para-nexus-one-por-superatmel-tolemac-t4675.html

Go to post #3. Except it will be in English =)