headach going back to stock

Search This thread

Iz3man

Jun 16, 2009
Hello all,

I'll start with saying how awesome you all are!
Now that the pleasantries are done I have a damned frustrating problem.

I converted my Bell mobility m7 to a gpe m7, it was great until I got the ota 4.4.3 update and like many others got the screen glitch.

So I searched for a way to get it back to stock.

Here us what I've done, flashed twrp and restored the nandroid backup for my device ( all good here) I then changed the cid back to bm___001, also all good. Now it asks me to update the ota, it downloads and verifies, but when I select install now, it boots into twrp recovery and does nothing.

My bootloader is also Black and not the normal white.

My hboot is at 1.54, I have no idea how to get the stock hth recovery on this thing... I have s-off, it's unlocked.

I can get the var dump and post it when I get to my pc.

I've been looking for a week now and I'm stuck. Any help would be awesome..

Just a side, why is there no RUU for bell mobility ?

nateboi81

Jul 25, 2010
Melbourne
OTAs only install with stock recoveries. You need to find the correct stock version for the Rom you are on. There is a post on here with all the recoveries

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

bored_stupid

Jul 10, 2011
Hereford
Hello all,

I converted my Bell mobility m7 to a gpe m7, it was great until I got the ota 4.4.3 update and like many others got the screen glitch.

Here us what I've done, flashed twrp and restored the nandroid backup for my device ( all good here) I then changed the cid back to bm___001, also all good. Now it asks me to update the ota, it downloads and verifies, but when I select install now, it boots into twrp recovery and does nothing.

My hboot is at 1.54, I have no idea how to get the stock hth recovery on this thing... I have s-off, it's unlocked.

You need stock recovery installed to install OTA updates..

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2545227

Sent from my HTC One using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

clsA

Aug 28, 2010
Central Florida
Hello all,

Why would you try and OTA update a phone with TWRP recovery on it ?
the OTA updates check everything on your phone and can only be used on a totally stock phone with Stock Recovery.

have you tried this >> http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2529225

Iz3man

Jun 16, 2009
The odd thing is the HTC sense Rom checks the update and veryfies it , it starts to install then boots into twrp.

I have hboot 1.54, is that going to be an issue, how do I get to 1.55?

Iz3man

Jun 16, 2009
Alright I installed the Bell recovery and it works fine. Rebooted phone and it asked again to install ota this time I said install now and watched. Seemed to install fine, but at the very end of the install I got the red triangle. I forced a reboot and I get a blue, then pink screen with boot up sounds, then the HTC logo with blue beats logo and it hangs.

I'll flash twrp back on and restore the nandroid backup I have and restart.

Anyone know why I still have the black bootloader and the Google screen at start up.?

Where Can I get the HTC bootloader?