TV out cable 3.5mm jack. not working

Search This thread

bilal811

Apr 2, 2012
i am having the same problem, tv out not working i am on slim ics 3.2 with stock kernel.. i checked my cable is fine (i checked it on other vibrant and tv out was working) but not in my i9000 any solution?

nieohl

Sep 8, 2011
Idk. I'm on slim 3.1 and semaphore 1.0.0sbm. Check the first picture link if the problem is just like yours.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using xda premium

guy7685

Dec 17, 2010
Haifa
try using the cable on another TV, once I tried mine (original nokia cable) on some tv and got currents from it and the device acted weird..

nieohl

Sep 8, 2011
try using the cable on another TV, once I tried mine (original nokia cable) on some tv and got currents from it and the device acted weird..

The device didn't act weird, only the messed up screen on tv. Our tv is 32" flat screen philips. Xbox and other gadgets works fine.. I'll try it on other tv later.

Wololo7

Apr 4, 2012
Ukmergė
Is the sound weird too? Try swithing PAL and NTSC modes. Try swithing one of the audio cables (red, white) with the video (yellow) cable.

nwsk

Aug 4, 2010
Are you sure TV out works on slim ICS? If you wanted to be sure you could try flashing a stock rom, (not sure if any ICS rom supports it)

m4rcus

Jan 25, 2011
got exactly the same problem with exactly the same cable and 100% the same outcome. im on slim 3.3 with semaphore 1.0s

had the same problem way back with 2.3.x with darkyrom.. didnt care then but i do care now.. so how to solve this ^^

nieohl

Sep 8, 2011
I tried it with other tv. With non flat screen, also philips brand. Doesn't also work the sound is just working but not the video, sound is not that good compare to phone itself and or speaker. I will try to change rom, I'll go back to stock, but i care about my temple run data. Because when i backed it up, and then came ics.. i restore app+data but the game was restarted. :/

I tried switching the red yellow and white cable. Doesn't work either. On slim ics, the tv out was option to enable/disable was working correctly but not on the tv itself. It could detect when the cable is plugged in. That was on galaxy s settings app on ics.

nieohl

Sep 8, 2011
Is the sound weird too? Try swithing PAL and NTSC modes. Try swithing one of the audio cables (red, white) with the video (yellow) cable.

The sound is not that good compared to phone itself and or speaker. Tried to switch cables Doesn't work. :/

vafels

Dec 14, 2011
When I tried using a cable made for camcorders with my phone I got a similar
result.

My best guess is that the camcorder cables have a slightly different connector than the ones used with smart-phones, probably because the phone's video and audio jack is the same so it has to work a little differently.

I did manage to get it working though, by pulling the connector slowly out of the phone's jack and wiggling it a bit I got a clear picture, but doing so you lose one of the audio channels.

Good luck!

m4rcus

Jan 25, 2011
i made it work. you can either order the original samsung cable (not a camcorder one but the phone one) or i heard the Nokia CA-75U works too. the nokia one is about 2€ here where the samsung is 10€..

but fml, it works.

fishears

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 15, 2010
github.com

FasterEd

Feb 22, 2011
TV Out Not working Galaxy I9000M

Did you or anyone find a solution yet? TV out used to work on my unit, but now doesn't -- tried all the suggestions below, different cables, switching around, same TV, :confused: :confused:

Ed

madushan92

Aug 16, 2011
Colombo
I have got a Nokia TV out cable (from N900) working with Samsung I9000, worked well in stock 2.3.6, CM9 and now Slim 3.7.

No problem for me

trut

Jan 27, 2011
near Novi Sad
I cut 3.5 jack from headhones and use standard composite cable, first have trouble withe mess picture on tv but just need point right connects (try all combination) and voila all works (sry for bad english).

bad_wolf

Feb 25, 2011
poor image

Hello,

I am using 3.5 jack sometimes. But, that is not good show. Maybe, hdmi cable is good show.:angel:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    OK here is how to fix this problem so your TV out works 100%. I bought this cable from here http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290572188884
    parts required, A nice sharp knife, a lighter , some good strong black insulation tape;
    When the cable arrives it is wired up wrong so here is what you do:

1: unpack cable
    2: cut all three plugs cleanly using the sharp knife at least 6 inches from the base of each plug.
    3 now doing this one at a time using the lighter quickly heat each end of the cables you cut,when it start to bubble stop heating it and pull it with you fingers the BLACK plastic should easily pull away leaving the braid and a small colored wire , you must do this as the wires cut very easily and if you use a knife your cable will end up getting shorter and shorter ;) you should end up with 3 plugs with each plug showing the braid and a colour wire corresponding to the colour of each plug!
    4. repeat this process with each of the small colored wires, only heat the ends as the cable will shrink and you do not want to strip it back so far that it shorts with the braids, repeat this process until all are ready
    5 twist all the wires individual with fingers and thumbs so they form nice thick wires ready to join making sure to KEEP EACH WIRE SEPARATE FROM THE BRAID!
    6: NOW COMES THE IMPORTANT BIT
    7:TAKING THE YELLOW PLUG TAKE THE SMALL YELLOW WIRE AND GET THE RED WIRE ON THE JACK PLUG SIDE AND CONNECT IT TO THE SMALL YELLOW WIRE AND TWIST THEM TOGETHER ...YES YELLOW PLUG YELLOW WIRE TO JACK PLUG RED WIRE.... THEN WRAP TAPE AROUND THEM TAKING CARE NOT TO LET THE BRAID MAKE CONTACT THEN CONNECT THE BRAIDS TOGETHER ON THE SAME WIRES THEN TAPE AROUND THEM TIGHTLY AND THAT'S THEM DONE ! YELLOW TO RED.. BRAID TO BRAID.
    8:NEXT TAKE RED PLUG RED WIRE AND CONNECT TO YELLOW JACK PLUG WIRE TWIST TOGETHER AND TAPE OVER BUT DO NOT CONNECT THE BRAIDS.... WITH THE 2 BRAIDS THAT ARE LEFT CUT THEM AND THROW THEM AWAY AND TAPE OVER AGAIN MAKING SURE THE BRAIDS DON'T TOUCH OR IT WILL CAUSE A SHORT AND YOU WONT GET AND PICTURE!
    8:NOW TAKE THE WHITE PLUG AND CONNECT TO THE WHITE WIRE ON THE JACK PLUG TWISTING AGAIN AND TAPE OVER, THEN WITH THE TWO BRAID LEFT CUT AND THROW THEM AWAY THEM TAPE OVER MAKING SURE THE BRAIDS DON'T TOUGH.
    10:GET ALL THREE COMPLETED WIRES GET MORE TAPE AND WRAP AROUND ALL 3 TO LEAVE NICE CLEAN FINISH AND THAT'S IT!
    sorry for the caps but by the time i realised it was all typed out and I'm not typing it out again. the reason you much do it that way is the earths are all arse about face and joining them creates a short when connected to the tv which is why the picture is scrambled and audio buzzes and hums.this method has been confirmed by myself and tested as working with full stereo audio with the plugs being their right colours..RED RIGHT AUDIO, WHITE LEFT AUDIO, AND YELLOW VIDEO OUT.. enjoy
    Try with a Nokia CA-75U cable. It works great for me!