[ROM][JB4.2] Ganbarou GT-P7500/01/10/11 Android 4.2 experimental based on CM10.1

Search This thread

BeeGee_Tokyo

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 20, 2008
Paranaque
www.giesecke.tk
This is the Q&A thread for my Ganbarou ROM for GT-P7500, GT-P7501, GT-P7510 and GT-P7511 tablets, aka Galaxy Tab 10.1 and 10.1N.

V3.12 is ready. Sorry for the mess with 3.11. If you didn't upgrade from an older version, please skip 3.11. I fixed the missing TabletUI switch, made GPS working again and updated to latest CM10.1 sources.

This ROM is my first trial to build a Android 4.2.1 ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1.
It is based on CyanogenMod 10.1 but flavored with my small own changes as usual.
GApps for JB 4.2 is included in the ROM.
FLASH THIS ROM ON YOUR OWN RISK! YOUR WARRANTY WILL BE GONE AFTER YOU FLASHED THIS ROM.
ONLY THE ROM FOR THE GALAXY TAB 10.1 3G (GT-P7500) IS TESTED BY ME. THE OTHER ROM VERSIONS ARE NOT TESTED.

Please check the XDA discussion thread for CM10.1 for additional requirements to use this ROM. Check there if you come from a ICS ROM, as you will need a new bootloader.

IMPORTANT:
IF YOU ARE NOT COMING FROM CM10.1 OR A GANBAROU 3.x ROM YOU NEED A FULL WIPE BEFORE INSTALLING THIS ROM!
BACKUP YOUR SD-CARD! THE WAY THE SD-CARD IS MOUNTED HAS CHANGED!

Reported bugs:
Gmail crash after flashing the ROM:
Update of Gmail from Google market should fix the problem.
Powerwidget in notification screen is not changeable.

Tips:
After flashing the tablet seems not to boot:
Give it time. I mean a long time!!! It will boot. First time I flashed this ROM I thought it would not work, but it just takes a long time to boot. The bootanimation will be seen only short time, then the screen turns black. Just wait until the setup screen pops up. But it should take longer than 5 minutes. If the bootanimation is shown for a long time and the tablet does not boot, try
1) reflash the ROM
2) check that the zip file was not damaged during download (you can find the md5 checksums for all ROMs on my homepage)

How to get Developer options in Settings:
Click on Build number several times until it says that you are a developer

How to enable MTP:
Settings->Storage->Menu (3 dots top right)->USB computer connection->Tick Media device (MTP)

Organisation SD-card:
The original content of your SD-card is now in sdcard0/0
This is related to users management and I cannot change it.

LongPress on home button, then move finger up opens Quick Launch (CM10.1 feature):
Access QuickLaunch when the navigation bar is not centered:
First train your thumb to access the QuickLaunch panel with the navigation bar centered. Press the home button, then move your thumb up and the Quick Launch will appear. After you got used to it move your Navigation Bar to the left or right (whatever you prefer). Press the home button and move your finger up. Then press again just above the Samsung logo in the middle and the Quick Launch will appear. Still working on a better solution.

Show Pie-chart control when in expanded desktop mode:
First you have to setup the position of the pie-chart navigation in settings and activated the expanded desktop. After activating you move your finger slowly from the outside of the screen into the screen to activate the pie chart (works on all 4 sides). Just try it and be patient to get used to it!

Changelog
Changelog V3.12 2013-06-11:
Update: Latest CM10.1 sources.
Bugfix: Settting for tablet_ui are back
Bugfix: GPS is working again

Changelog V3.11 2013-06-01:
Kernel: Switch back to Infamous Kernel
Feature: Profiles are available again

Changelog V3.10 2013-05-09:
BugFix: Settings->System on Galaxy Note (N7000)
BugFix: Battery drain problem. All credits go to grzwolf from Android-Hilfe.de. Check thread http://www.android-hilfe.de/5550736-post684.html
New: Bootanimation

Changelog V3.09 2013-04-27:
Feature: Added TV like screen-off animation.
Feature: Added Ganbarou changelog in Settings->About tablet.

Changelog V3.08 2013-04-17:
BugFix: Fixed bug in System Settings.
Kernel: Switched to INFAMOUSAOKP kernel.

Changelog V3.07 2013-04-07:
New Feature from CM: Expanded desktop. Hides both navigation bar and status bar to give more space to the application. Enable and setup in Settings->System. Activate in power menu. Check screenshots below.

Changelog V3.06 2013-03-24:
Bugfix: Switch from TabletUI to PhoneUI is available again.
New feature: LongPress on home button, then move finger up opens Quick Launch (CM10.1 feature) Difficult to do when Navbar is left or right and not centered, but possible. See screenshots below and read tip above.

Changelog V3.05 2013-03-17
Update: Latest CM10.1 sources (Android 4.2.2 R1).
Update: Small cosmetic change in Settings->System.

Changelog V3.04 2013-03-10
Update: Latest pershot kernel..
New feature: Added option to select position of Navigation bar (left, center, right) in the “standard” Phablet UI.
Bugfix: Corrected problem with TabletUI not working.
Cleanup: Updated rom_stats to send current country, even if it is a WiFi tablet.
Cleanup: Updated rom_stats to send WiFi if it is a WiFi tablet instead of unknown provider
Cleanup: Updated ads-free hosts file (credits to BSDgeek_Jake)

Changelog V3.03 2013-02-24:
Update: Latest CM10.1 sources (Android 4.2.2 now!)..
New feature: Added ROMstats to get some feedback how often my ROM is used. (Check here for more details)
Bugfix: MTP should now automatically be on after flashing.
Cleanup: Developer options and Performance tabs in Settings are now visible by default
Cleanup: Removed many developer options that are not important for most users

Changelog V3.02 2013-02-10:
Feature: Added default boot into Tablet UI or Phone UI depending on build.prop entry tablet.mode.
Bugfix: Fixed missing battery percentage.
Bugfix: Fixed wallpaper selection for lockscreen

Changelog V3.01 2013-02-02:
SystemUI: Added possibility to switch between tablet style and phone style.
Bugfix: Reboot from power menu is working now.
Updated to latest CM10.1 source.

Changelog V3.00 2013-01-20:
Ganbarou changes in Settings: Removed profiles, updates, statistics, changelog. Enabled screen on while charging even if a max time to lock is defined.
Ganbarou changes in Framework: Changed default wallpapers and power menu. Reboot & Reboot into Recovery direct accessible from power menu.
Ganbarou has GApps included!

Downloads:

Source:
All available on Github. Make sure you checkout my read-me files which describes how to make the ROM and explains the tools I use.

Repository - make sure you checkout branch jb-4.2
Tools - will be checked out with the repository, but please check the read-me file for additional information

Credits:
pershoot for his hard work
Cyanogen for his amazing ROM
CyanogenMOD Team for their awesome work
SGT7 for the code to switch between TabletUI and PhoneUI
mcbyte_it for the ROM statistics application
grzwolf for the bugfix in the kernel.
Infamous team for their Infamous Kernel!

Last edited:

BeeGee_Tokyo

Nov 20, 2008
Paranaque
www.giesecke.tk
SD-card messed up?
Files suddenly in a sub-folder?
Recovery cannot find backups or ROMS anymore?

That is a problem I run into myself after the first trials with my new ROM. What I found is that flashing the latest CWM or TWRP recovery solved the problem without copying around all the files on the internal SDcard.

Try to get the latest CWM or TWRP recovery and flash it.

TWRP V2.4 can be found in A1 kernel thread.
A link to the latest CWM recovery can be found in the CM10.1 nightly thread. Look for CWM:

microlab1986

Aug 31, 2012
first of all allow me to to thank you sir for this wonderful rom
this is my official rom now and ive been use it for over a month with no problems....truly a master piece
however i have just a little problem with it....when i try to write in the captcha box the keyboard switches off for couple a seconds and then appears again and it is really irritating...this happens in reddit search bar, inomail name and many other application
tried to install new keyboard.. didn't solve the problem....is there any way to fix this?
(you can check this small malfunction by going to apkmania and try to write something in the search bar)

again thank you very much sir and have a good morning

BeeGee_Tokyo

Nov 20, 2008
Paranaque
www.giesecke.tk
first of all allow me to to thank you sir for this wonderful rom
this is my official rom now and ive been use it for over a month with no problems....truly a master piece
however i have just a little problem with it....when i try to write in the captcha box the keyboard switches off for couple a seconds and then appears again and it is really irritating...this happens in reddit search bar, inomail name and many other application
tried to install new keyboard.. didn't solve the problem....is there any way to fix this?
(you can check this small malfunction by going to apkmania and try to write something in the search bar)

again thank you very much sir and have a good morning

The problem seems to be linked to the Gapps version. At least I read this in some threads.
Try to install the wingray Gapps which can be found somewhere here in XDA. I am using Smart Keyboard and do not have the problem with it. It seems to happen only with the Android keyboard.

I need to check which is the latest well working Gapps package and change to it.

egozum

May 10, 2010
Cannot find the latest cwm. Can you please give me a direct link to the latest cwm or what is the latest version of cwm for our tab. Appreciated very much for your kind reply

BeeGee_Tokyo

Nov 20, 2008
Paranaque
www.giesecke.tk
Cannot find the latest cwm. Can you please give me a direct link to the latest cwm or what is the latest version of cwm for our tab. Appreciated very much for your kind reply

I copied for you the insructions from the [ROM][P75xx][JB][4.2.2] CyanogenMod 10.1 Nightly Discussions post:

CWM:
Make sure you have the latest (CWM 6.0.2.7)
Download from pershoot website and look for your Tab version:http://droidbasement.com/galaxy/roms/cm10.1/
Download recovery.tar.md5 and flash with ODIN or Mobile ODIN
Links for ODIN 1.85 : MediaFire
Links for Mobile ODIN by Chainfire Play Store and XDA

BeeGee_Tokyo

Nov 20, 2008
Paranaque
www.giesecke.tk
V3.03 is ready for download!
This version took some time. Android and CM10.1 sources moved on to Android version 4.2.2. Still not final, still glitches in the ROM. Beside of the new Android version I enabled MTP connection now by default, made Developer options and Performance tabs in Settings are now visible by default and removed many developer options that are not important for most users.

Changelog

New feature: Added ROMstats to get some feedback how often my ROM is used. (Check here for more details)

Cleanup: Developer options and Performance tabs in Settings are now visible by default

Screenshot:
Screenshot_2013-02-25-07-57-05.png

dirak1974

Sep 22, 2008
I've just updated from 3.01 version. I don't know if it's only me, but when switching to Tablet UI , I loose the navigation bar . Triyed everythjng to make it shows again,but in vain. So I m using the Rom but have to stay with the phone UI .
Any tip would be apreciated.
Thanks

Sent from my GT-P7500 using Tapatalk 2

BeeGee_Tokyo

Nov 20, 2008
Paranaque
www.giesecke.tk
I've just updated from 3.01 version. I don't know if it's only me, but when switching to Tablet UI , I loose the navigation bar . Triyed everythjng to make it shows again,but in vain. So I m using the Rom but have to stay with the phone UI .
Thanks

Ouch, that one went through testing undetected. Sorry for it. Will check what the reason is. On 3.02. it was working.

dirak1974

Sep 22, 2008
Thanks for the replay. Now that I m forced to use the phone UI, I m starting to like it, the notification bar at the top and it's style it's not bad at all.

BeeGee_Tokyo

Nov 20, 2008
Paranaque
www.giesecke.tk
Thanks for the replay. Now that I m forced to use the phone UI, I m starting to like it, the notification bar at the top and it's style it's not bad at all.

Yes, I started using the new UI and get used to it as well. But I would like to have the navigation buttons on the side, not in the middle. That's one of the next things for my ROM.

ex5dream

Aug 22, 2009
Nice!

Nice ROM..smooth and stable ..no FC untill now...appriciate if u can put Screenshot button along with the "back" "home""tabs in the navigation bar..I used to capture screenshot..when chatting or having a conversation...

Q: when I changed to tablet UI..the navigation bar gone...so how an I going to go "back" or click "home"...?

Good ROM...:good:

BeeGee_Tokyo

Nov 20, 2008
Paranaque
www.giesecke.tk
Nice ROM..smooth and stable ..no FC untill now...appriciate if u can put Screenshot button along with the "back" "home""tabs in the navigation bar..I used to capture screenshot..when chatting or having a conversation...

Q: when I changed to tablet UI..the navigation bar gone...so how an I going to go "back" or click "home"...?

See my earlier post :

Ouch, that one went through testing undetected. Sorry for it. Will check what the reason is. On 3.02. it was working.

BeeGee_Tokyo

Nov 20, 2008
Paranaque
www.giesecke.tk
Thanks

Do u know GMD gesture controll? It makes me dont use navbar buttons at all

I will give it a try!

BeeGee_Tokyo

Nov 20, 2008
Paranaque
www.giesecke.tk
Thanks

I found the problem with the TabletUI not working. It is a (stupid) mistake in the build.prop.

It can be easily fixed:

• Take root-explorer or similar tool.
  • Goto system folder.
  • Open build.prop with an editor.
  • Delete last line "tablet.mode=0".
  • Reboot.
  • Done.

evoholic05

Nov 20, 2012
Great work! best rom I've ever tried. I'll be downloading v3.03 later. I have a question, how can I boost the volume? when watching, I don't know if its just me or the volume is just low even at 100%.

Anyway, goodluck on future developments! keep up the goodwork.

OT: are you filipino? saw the PI flag on your sig. :good:

BeeGee_Tokyo

Nov 20, 2008
Paranaque
www.giesecke.tk
Great work! best rom I've ever tried. I'll be downloading v3.03 later. I have a question, how can I boost the volume? when watching, I don't know if its just me or the volume is just low even at 100%.

Anyway, goodluck on future developments! keep up the goodwork.

OT: are you filipino? saw the PI flag on your sig. :good:

I got complains about the volume from other side as well. Need to check the source codes. Maybe there is a limitation that can be removed.

I am German, married to a Pinay, living in Japan, that's why I have the three flags in my sig.:good::good:

dirak1974

Sep 22, 2008
I found the problem with the TabletUI not working. It is a (stupid) mistake in the build.prop.

It can be easily fixed:

• Take root-explorer or similar tool.
  • Goto system folder.
  • Open build.prop with an editor.
  • Delete last line "tablet.mode=0".
  • Reboot.
  • Done.

DONE,Good WORK. After modifiying the build.prop and rebooting the navigation bar is back again. Thanks for all.

evoholic05

Nov 20, 2012
I got complains about the volume from other side as well. Need to check the source codes. Maybe there is a limitation that can be removed.

I am German, married to a Pinay, living in Japan, that's why I have the three flags in my sig.:good::good:

oh! thats nice! will wait for the next version of your rom :) hope you keep developin'! :good:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is the Q&A thread for my Ganbarou ROM for GT-P7500, GT-P7501, GT-P7510 and GT-P7511 tablets, aka Galaxy Tab 10.1 and 10.1N.

V3.12 is ready. Sorry for the mess with 3.11. If you didn't upgrade from an older version, please skip 3.11. I fixed the missing TabletUI switch, made GPS working again and updated to latest CM10.1 sources.

This ROM is my first trial to build a Android 4.2.1 ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1.
    It is based on CyanogenMod 10.1 but flavored with my small own changes as usual.
    GApps for JB 4.2 is included in the ROM.
    FLASH THIS ROM ON YOUR OWN RISK! YOUR WARRANTY WILL BE GONE AFTER YOU FLASHED THIS ROM.
    ONLY THE ROM FOR THE GALAXY TAB 10.1 3G (GT-P7500) IS TESTED BY ME. THE OTHER ROM VERSIONS ARE NOT TESTED.

Please check the XDA discussion thread for CM10.1 for additional requirements to use this ROM. Check there if you come from a ICS ROM, as you will need a new bootloader.

IMPORTANT:
    IF YOU ARE NOT COMING FROM CM10.1 OR A GANBAROU 3.x ROM YOU NEED A FULL WIPE BEFORE INSTALLING THIS ROM!
    BACKUP YOUR SD-CARD! THE WAY THE SD-CARD IS MOUNTED HAS CHANGED!

Reported bugs:
    Gmail crash after flashing the ROM:
    Update of Gmail from Google market should fix the problem.
    Powerwidget in notification screen is not changeable.

Tips:
    After flashing the tablet seems not to boot:
    Give it time. I mean a long time!!! It will boot. First time I flashed this ROM I thought it would not work, but it just takes a long time to boot. The bootanimation will be seen only short time, then the screen turns black. Just wait until the setup screen pops up. But it should take longer than 5 minutes. If the bootanimation is shown for a long time and the tablet does not boot, try
    1) reflash the ROM
    2) check that the zip file was not damaged during download (you can find the md5 checksums for all ROMs on my homepage)

How to get Developer options in Settings:
    Click on Build number several times until it says that you are a developer

How to enable MTP:
    Settings->Storage->Menu (3 dots top right)->USB computer connection->Tick Media device (MTP)

Organisation SD-card:
    The original content of your SD-card is now in sdcard0/0
    This is related to users management and I cannot change it.

LongPress on home button, then move finger up opens Quick Launch (CM10.1 feature):
    Access QuickLaunch when the navigation bar is not centered:
    First train your thumb to access the QuickLaunch panel with the navigation bar centered. Press the home button, then move your thumb up and the Quick Launch will appear. After you got used to it move your Navigation Bar to the left or right (whatever you prefer). Press the home button and move your finger up. Then press again just above the Samsung logo in the middle and the Quick Launch will appear. Still working on a better solution.

Show Pie-chart control when in expanded desktop mode:
    First you have to setup the position of the pie-chart navigation in settings and activated the expanded desktop. After activating you move your finger slowly from the outside of the screen into the screen to activate the pie chart (works on all 4 sides). Just try it and be patient to get used to it!

Changelog
    Changelog V3.12 2013-06-11:
    Bugfix: Settting for tablet_ui are back
    Bugfix: GPS is working again

Changelog V3.11 2013-06-01:
    Kernel: Switch back to Infamous Kernel
    Feature: Profiles are available again

Changelog V3.10 2013-05-09:
    BugFix: Settings->System on Galaxy Note (N7000)
    BugFix: Battery drain problem. All credits go to grzwolf from Android-Hilfe.de. Check thread http://www.android-hilfe.de/5550736-post684.html
    New: Bootanimation

Changelog V3.09 2013-04-27:
    Feature: Added TV like screen-off animation.
    Feature: Added Ganbarou changelog in Settings->About tablet.

Changelog V3.08 2013-04-17:
    BugFix: Fixed bug in System Settings.
    Kernel: Switched to INFAMOUSAOKP kernel.

Changelog V3.07 2013-04-07:
    New Feature from CM: Expanded desktop. Hides both navigation bar and status bar to give more space to the application. Enable and setup in Settings->System. Activate in power menu. Check screenshots below.

Changelog V3.06 2013-03-24:
    Bugfix: Switch from TabletUI to PhoneUI is available again.
    New feature: LongPress on home button, then move finger up opens Quick Launch (CM10.1 feature) Difficult to do when Navbar is left or right and not centered, but possible. See screenshots below and read tip above.

Changelog V3.05 2013-03-17
    Update: Small cosmetic change in Settings->System.

Changelog V3.04 2013-03-10
    New feature: Added option to select position of Navigation bar (left, center, right) in the “standard” Phablet UI.
    Cleanup: Updated rom_stats to send current country, even if it is a WiFi tablet.
    Cleanup: Updated rom_stats to send WiFi if it is a WiFi tablet instead of unknown provider

Changelog V3.02 2013-02-10:
    Feature: Added default boot into Tablet UI or Phone UI depending on build.prop entry tablet.mode.
    Bugfix: Fixed missing battery percentage.
    Bugfix: Fixed wallpaper selection for lockscreen

Changelog V3.01 2013-02-02:
    SystemUI: Added possibility to switch between tablet style and phone style.
    Bugfix: Reboot from power menu is working now.
    Updated to latest CM10.1 source.

Changelog V3.00 2013-01-20:
    Ganbarou changes in Settings: Removed profiles, updates, statistics, changelog. Enabled screen on while charging even if a max time to lock is defined.
    Ganbarou changes in Framework: Changed default wallpapers and power menu. Reboot & Reboot into Recovery direct accessible from power menu.
    Ganbarou has GApps included!

Downloads:

Source:
    All available on Github. Make sure you checkout my read-me files which describes how to make the ROM and explains the tools I use.

Repository - make sure you checkout branch jb-4.2
    Tools - will be checked out with the repository, but please check the read-me file for additional information

Credits:
    pershoot for his hard work
    Cyanogen for his amazing ROM
    CyanogenMOD Team for their awesome work
    SGT7 for the code to switch between TabletUI and PhoneUI
    mcbyte_it for the ROM statistics application
    grzwolf for the bugfix in the kernel.
    Infamous team for their Infamous Kernel!
    SD-card messed up?
    Files suddenly in a sub-folder?
    Recovery cannot find backups or ROMS anymore?

That is a problem I run into myself after the first trials with my new ROM. What I found is that flashing the latest CWM or TWRP recovery solved the problem without copying around all the files on the internal SDcard.

Try to get the latest CWM or TWRP recovery and flash it.

TWRP V2.4 can be found in A1 kernel thread.
    A link to the latest CWM recovery can be found in the CM10.1 nightly thread. Look for CWM:
    V3.04 is ready for download!
    New version is finally up. Again I was struggling with changes on CyanogenMod (change of build process) and the switch to Android 4.2.2 R1. Main change in this ROM is the option to place the navigation bar left side, centered or right side. See screenshots below.

Changelog
    Changelog V3.04 2013-03-10:

Screenshot_2013-03-09-15-06-22-s.png
    I can't open shortened urls either and they are used a lot...especially on xda lol:cool:

Is any of the latest cm10.1 has the same problem? If so, i think maybe its because they want to get rid of the ads or something.. :confused:

Sorry for that, seems to be the new ads-blocking hosts file that I use in the ROM now. Will change this on the next version.
    Hey guys Google now is not working on this ROM is there anyway to fix it ?
    Voice search works fine.

It is working fine for me. Try to reflash Gapps with the file from the development thread.

Hi all..
    Had been using this rom for 4 days.Great experience since then with minor hiccups.

1.ganbarou boot animation- WoW!!
    2.lock screen widget,shortcut- nice..I'm not use this so much tho..
    3.homescreen - untick tablet ui,expanded desktop,use LMT v1.91 by noname81 = superb
    4.call function works except end call button and on-call dial pad. Endind a call can be done by using airplane mode toggle at quick setting drawer.on-call dial pad is just not functioninig.
    5. Notification alert works fine with single user but just vibrate when multi user activated i.e sms alert
    6. File cant be pass from owner account to another user acc..need pc to help the migration process
    7. Cwm backup file can be accessible at /mnt/shell/emulated/cwm but didnt know how to get it out from there.
    8. Use FloatNSplit tablet keyboard : marvellous!

Need some guide bout #4 #5 #6 & #7 to boost its performance to da max
    Thank you :)

4) Try the phone_call_fix from the developer thread.
    5) Which UI are you using? On TabletUI the multi user function is not working properly.
    6) No idea, this stuff is taking directly from CyanogenMod ROM. I am not changing anything there. So this might be a general Android problem.