[Q] My defy+ cannot boot...

Search This thread

admelater

Feb 7, 2012
I am using 2.3.6 rom and a try to flash a sbf, i using RSDlite 5.5 flash and it shows me "PASS".So I remove the usb cable and try to power on my phone but it can't.

I no any light, led....and i can't get into the bootload,is my phone bricked?:confused:

And now, I have a white led when i connect to PC and press the power button...

Last edited:

neo.ank

Apr 28, 2011
I am using 2.3.6 rom and a try to flash a sbf, i using RSDlite 5.5 flash and it shows me "PASS".So I remove the usb cable and try to power on my phone but it can't.

I no any light, led....and i can't get into the bootload,is my phone bricked?:confused:

And now, I have a white led when i connect to PC and press the power button...
You verified the CG version before flashing the full SBF ??

kelbygreen

Apr 18, 2012
Newcastle
you can still flash a new rom threw rsd lite.

I would say you done the same as me I tried to flash a version with a lower version and it wouldnt boot at all.

Power the phone on holding the volume up button and connect the USB, It wont show the bootloader screen but RSD lite should say its connected.

You might have to plug it in and out of the usb cable a few times (well I did) till RSD lite connects to it.

You will have to find out what version you had previously and flash the same version or higher (try to stay on the same version if you can)

Vicsa

Apr 19, 2012
Dunno if stock recovery would help:
How do I enter Recovery Mode?!: With the Phone off press VOLUME DOWN then, while still pressed, power up the phone and leave VOL key pressed until you see a Yellow triangle, once you see this you are in Recovery now press Vol Up and Vol Down at the same time (if you are in Froyo) and the menu will appear, if you are on Éclair the menu should appear without having to press anything
This is a copy/paste from all in one guide

kelbygreen

Apr 18, 2012
Newcastle
if its like mine the screen does not show anything, you cant get into bootloader or recovery screen. Well I think it goes into bootloader as RSD lite can read it but it will not show anything on the screen.

I think my problem was trying to install the CM9 kernel as I used the same process and left out flashing the CM9 kernel and it worked perfect, Lucky some one that helped me get my phone working again suggested this to me.

So I now have ICS working by just installing it and Gapps and left out the CM9 kernel :p

Not sure if that is what you are trying to do but you should be able to flash a new rom with what I said above. Just making sure its the same BL version as your previous install

admelater

Feb 7, 2012
Thz for all your help,I can fix my defy+ since I using bl7 sbf
I think I will root it and flash other rom soon