With the reviews getting in are you still getting your XZ?

did the reviews alter your decision to get the XZ

• Yes I have canceled my pre-order

Votes: 9 6.0%
  • Only if the m7 turns out to be better

Votes: 16 10.6%
  • Wasn't planing to get it and now I now why

Votes: 4 2.6%
  • Most are positive so I don't see a problem

Votes: 66 43.7%
  • I wait till the S4, and than I will see

Votes: 21 13.9%
  • After reading I made the decision to buy one

Votes: 35 23.2%

• Total voters
Search This thread

stefanve

Oct 12, 2005
I'm curious if there is an affect on your buying decision after reading the reviews.

dibdin

Mar 6, 2012
Kent
I so want this phone but all this talk about the display not being up to par has put some doubt in my mind now as to whether I go through with purchasing the Z. GSM arena and Phone Arena share similar views regarding the display, which I wasn't expecting.

I will be taking a look at the device at my local phones4u, and if I find the screen to be disappointing I will unfortunately cancel my order. I really really really hope this wont be the case though.

robogo1982

I'm curious if there is an affect on your buying decision after reading the reviews.
What is there in those reviews that would put me off from buying one?

Problems with camera images? Not that big of a deal, I don't make photos with my phone for a living. Lag? I doubt there is any. Battery life? People report a whole day of medium to heavy usage, which is what I get from my Galaxy S3 anyway. Build quality? It's waterproof, I don't mind having to open flaps every time I want to plug in my headset.

What else is there?

Akiainavas

Mar 26, 2012
Basingstoke
Where is the option "i dont care about reviews, i want it and im gonna get it regardless" ? :)

I dont trust reviews. Note 2 and S3 were reviewed as the best phones even - and i'm really disappointed by those two. It's funny how reviewers sometimes ignore obvious flaws about one phone, but riot about a tiny detail in another. Reviews are not objective - so i don't really care about them. It's nice to read and compare opinions, but i always prefer to just get the phone and decide for myself.

So unless at least 5-10 review say something really bad about the battery ( like not lasting a full day even on light use, which is not the case ) i'm not going to even think about cancelling.

stefanve

Oct 12, 2005

Problems with camera images? Not that big of a deal, I don't make photos with my phone for a living. Lag? I doubt there is any. Battery life? People report a whole day of medium to heavy usage, which is what I get from my Galaxy S3 anyway. Build quality? It's waterproof, I don't mind having to open flaps every time I want to plug in my headset.

What else is there?

I think most are worried about the screen, every thing else seems okay/perfect (some may not like the camera)

Ashalak

Mar 20, 2012
Manchester
I have a pre-order for mine but I am a little worried.. The camera from what I've seen looks perfectly decent, and it's bound to be better than my HOX which kinda sucks compared to my last iPhone. My one concern is the display which is a pretty big deal breaker, I actually had a quick play with one in a Three store yesterday and the display was very wishy washy (Even after I had turned it down from max brightness). Originally everyone had said this was purely an issue with pre-production panels, but after the reviews claiming to be on retail devices this had worried me even more.

Think I'm going to pop into a P4U store as well to have a play, maybe there is more chance of those being full retail units seeing as they're available a little after.. Who knows!

Reactions: Ussy

kakkaroto

Jun 6, 2010
I'm still getting it, I've seen the phone in a couple of three stores and didn't see any problems with the display, but then I'm not particularly picky.

maverick1103

Jun 16, 2011
Kidderminster
I'm still getting it, my main reasons are:

Camera. I know Sony make decent camera phones, I have a Note 2 which is fairly decent, not brill in low light scenarios, not as good as my HOX was.

Build quality. My last two phones, S3 and Note 2...enough said!

Screen. I miss my HOX LCD screen, AMOLEDS are just a bit too false!

Size. My current phone is the Note 2, it's the only negative side of it, it's too big for one handed use nothing else. Looking forward to getting a phone that I can use with one hand comfortably again.

So I'm still getting it! :)

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

Super Chimp

Nov 5, 2008
Screen aside I am getting concerned about the camera performance, I don't expect it to completely match up to the 920 but I was hoping it would be reasonably close.

Q.Entity

Nov 17, 2010
Dallas
Reviews are irrelevant. Go play with the phone at a Sony store once it becomes available and decide for yourself.

Reviewers have their own agendas...

Warrimonk

Aug 15, 2009
I was planning on getting the ZL if it came out before the end of February or first week of March..... However Sony announced that Canada isn't getting the ZL till April.... And on top of that all of the issues with the inconsistent screen reviews have made me decide to just wait . Since Sony decided to force me to wait till April the logical thing to do is wait for info on the s4/Optimus g pro/ m7 / xphone, and reevaluate the market at that time

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda app-developers app

-]Megacharge[-

Nov 16, 2010
Montreal
Really wanted to get this phone, but it's not coming to Canada until April. That's just too far away and sadly I am forced to go another route. I really did want this phone though...

jonatton

Feb 15, 2013
www.gadgetgage.com
Was quite iffy since anything that offers a fHD resolution and no 3000mA+ battery doesn't get me interested much. But I guess this is a dealbreaker for me. Anywho, good luck to those who've ordered this! :cowboy:

Al Gore

Jan 31, 2013
Moscow
I will wait for a full GSMarena review, then wait for it to appear in stores here and go test it myself and compare. The only problem for me could be bad color contrast.

Not amazing camera? - No problem for me, digital cameras are not amazing even if you stuck 9999 megapixels in them and super xmrozksda sensors. I take maybe 3 pics a month and those usually go to instagram where horrible filters and compression will make it look like a picture from 2006 anyway. If I want to make good pics I'll take my camera (or a friend will).

Bad viewing angles? - Again, the only time it will be a problem is when I let my mates to play games on it and will want to see how they are doing.

I just need a new phone kinda ASAP and Sony is releasing soon. The new HTC could be interesting for me but I'm not sure when it's coming out. I hate Samsung phones so GS4 is not an option either.

Reactions: justbecos

vivftp

Dec 11, 2011
Getting the ZL, but it's more or less the same phone for the most part. Reviews aren't affecting my excitement to get it one bit. Can't wait for it to finally hit Canada!

Riyal

Dec 16, 2011
Iloilo City
Getting the ZL also. I know our country was one of the mentioned ones to get this device on the 1st quarter but if it would reach till april then mostlikely HTC M7 would prolly steal 50% of my decision to go back to sony. I love Sense UI and not Sony UI but I decided to ditch HTC Butterfly and go with sony but if they let HTC M7 pass them again then bye2 and I'll stick with HTC. :( Sad because Sony was my 1st android phone coming from nokia when they ditched maemo OS over microsoft.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Where is the option "i dont care about reviews, i want it and im gonna get it regardless" ? :)

I dont trust reviews. Note 2 and S3 were reviewed as the best phones even - and i'm really disappointed by those two. It's funny how reviewers sometimes ignore obvious flaws about one phone, but riot about a tiny detail in another. Reviews are not objective - so i don't really care about them. It's nice to read and compare opinions, but i always prefer to just get the phone and decide for myself.

So unless at least 5-10 review say something really bad about the battery ( like not lasting a full day even on light use, which is not the case ) i'm not going to even think about cancelling.

This ^^^^^^, I had all top phones from the top three Android OEMs you could say? I had Xperia S, I had SGS3, I had One S, I had One X, I had Xperia T and I had GN2. I am going to cast my opinions of the phones, others may feel differently.

First of all let me start with the two phones that were supposed to be the best phones of the year:
    S3/note 2 - Good points: battery life was great especially note 2, notification light, camera autofocus/speed, camera quality outdoors/indoros at night with flash, design of the phones, audio quality, I liked the extra volume in phone calls and earpeice/loud speakers are very good.

Bad points , boring boring boring UI, horrid keyboard, S3 screen I thought was horrible, alot of those so called smart features didn't work very well on either phone, audio volume was low on s3 note 2 was a bit louder, I could always see the pixels and screen didn't look very smooth on S3, note 2 dispite lower ppi and bigger screen was much better due to normal RGB arrangement, camera indoors with lighting was washed out on both S3/GN2, audio recording was better on note 2 but still not upto scratch especially when recording moving objects and just generally found the phones really boring.

Xperia S/T - Good points: screen, camera/video quality, video audio, xperia UI, keyboard, notification light on xperia S, design of both phones, audio quality, loud speaker/earpiece speaker on xperia s, speed and performance on xperia t

Bad points: slow performance on xperia s, poor battery life on both, poor loud speaker/earpiece speaker on t, audio volume on both, pointless notification light on t, button placement on t, slow auto focus on both.

One S/X - Good Points: screen on X, Camera/video quality on both, auto focus speed, video audio on s, battery life on s, HTC have best UI and keyboard imo, notification light, design on both phones, audio quality and volume, earpiece/loudspeaker, speed and performance,

Bad points - screen on s, battery life and over heating on x, poor memory on s only 9.9gb, video audio on x was too sharp and video was too zoomed in on both phones.

Here is hoping that HTC improve video audio/zooming and battery life, in regards to sony i believe they are there now and it is for these reasons I am sticking with SONY and HTC from now on.
    If i read the reviews of the z before playing with it, my heart would have sank and I would have probably cancelled my pre order however I have played with the phone have spent over 3hours now playing with it in the shops and I dont have any complaints about it and I am hearing good things about battery life so for me everything has been improved over the s/t. PA gave the one x 7.8/10 didn't phase me I thought it was a great phone bar the poor battery and overheating due to the tegra 3. also most reviews said the camera was bad I didn't think so atall I found it better than the s3/note 2 which all reviews generally praised.

I have learned not to trust reviews anyway and to go and evaluate a product myself. If everyone listened to reviews in the car world/family hatch segment all would have a golf for example and in phone world either iphone or s3. Reviews at the end of the day are subjective imo and some say one feature is good or give something a score another review may say that feature is bad and give it a different score. I am my own reviewer.

What else is there?
    Dont think you did get the phone today, think your chatting bs and trolling
    I love chocolate cake and boobies.