{Mod }Display, gestures & buttons *updated 2.16.13* for 2.04.605.2 710RD

Search This thread

nitsuj17

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 24, 2010
PA
It already works on the ota no real need to update, I'm using it with no problems

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using XDA Premium HD app

yes, but it is installing an older settings apk on newer firmware....and thats not ideal :)

and settings is modded in the ota (havent diffed to see what exactly)

MicroMod777

Recognized Contributor
Re: {Mod}Display, gestures & buttons

It already works on the ota no real need to update, I'm using it with no problems

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using XDA Premium HD app

When I tried it, it would not enable the recent apps key as a menu.

theres an exclusion for verizon phones in featureflags in settings's classes which basically tells the apk to disable that option when detecting its its a verizon rom....i just turned it the "off" to an "on" :angel:

What smali file is this? :)

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

MicroMod777

Recognized Contributor

nitsuj17

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 24, 2010
PA
Didn't work. Acted the same as the original. Menu never apprears.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

are you talking about the menu on rosie homescreen? that wont affect this (different mod, though they work together)

this should enable "display, gestures, buttons" instead of "display and gestures" and allow the recents key change option in there

all i want to know if that changes in settings

edit: ok just pushed it on 1.15 and it works, so ill assume its fine

edit 2: added the download the to the op, and the code changes for developers who would prefer to do it on their own rather than just use the apk

Last edited:

dwizzo

Aug 23, 2010
Can you post the stock settings.apk from before the OTA? I need to replace it in order to apply the OTA as I'm getting an error when trying to apply the ota "assert failed: apply-patch-check "/system/app/Settings.apk"., when the ota is verifying current system.

Thanks!

Last edited:

Zer0r

Jul 27, 2008
Kiev
Will this work on 2.06 based ROM?
Thanks in advance!

UPD: Looks like it works. I've made a replacement and see no problems so far.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    As promised in my ukb thread, here is an independent zip flash for the mod to activate the ability to change the mapping of the "recents" button

• changes settings.apk
    • turns verizon specific flag to on that otherwise excludes the mod
    • works on stock deodex
    • should work on odex replacing settings.apk and settings.odex with deodexed apk only (reported as working)

****this will not give you a menu on rosie homescreen....that is a different mod, though it requires this mod to work***

Download

***Feel free to include this in your rom/project, just properly credit, thanks!

For 2.04 Verizon 2/15 OTA
    button_mod_2.04.zip: http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=9390288116658474820
    md5: 10ebdf27969415d6a90e8591b33024e0

For 1.15 Verizon Release Software:
    button_mod_1.zip: http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=9390225151984926744
    mirror: http://d-h.st/9N5
    MD5sum: 525215760058b1941d5a3bd5469fccf6

***if you found the mod useful, just click the thanks button :p
    Code Changes for Developers:

decompile the settings.apk (if deodexed) the changes are in the classes.dex (smali) so if you are trying to do it on the odexed version, you ll need to baksmali the settings.odex file....im not gonna hold your hand and explain that to you

navigate to:

com/android/settings/framework/flag/feature/HtcDisplayFeatureFlags.smali

find this method:

Code:
    .method public static supportRecentAppsButton

wholesale change the method to this:

Code:
    .method public static supportRecentAppsButton(Landroid/content/Context;)Z
        .locals 1

const/4 v0, 0x1

return v0
    .end method

(i did this differently in the 1.15 version, but this is simpler)

Screenshots

attachment.php
    attachment.php

attachment.php
    Running stock rooted odex ... works fine! Thanks :D :good:
    @.torrented did you ever get this working? I just updated to 4.4.2 and lost the menu/recents capability. I NEED to get it back! Thanks!

its different for sense5 and sense6.....instead of just being able to change supportrecent (or whatever the exact method is) to basically a yes, you have to enable isdeviceforrecentkey (again just paraphrasing the method cuz i dont have anything in front of me atm)

for some people, for some reason on the exact same software, the phone is detecting it is a the correct device id and enabling the option (actually could be dependent on what your CID is, for those of us who unlocked or got soff by different methods at different times)

if i ever flash the stock update, ill post the correct changes
    damnit, now i HAVE to root! so lazy though..lol.. why couldn't HTC have put this in stock?!!?? ugh.

There's actually an exclusion made for verizon phones coded in, which is why it doesn't shoe up stock
    HTC/vzw went out of their way to remove it for us lol

I just activated it after digging around to understand why it was happening and found why