Converting audio data--suggestions/guidance

Search This thread

rhetorician

Feb 9, 2012
OnePlus 8
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Hi guys,

I'd like to convert some of my application-specific podcasts into more accessible audio formats that can ultimately be played from my PC or other media devices. For example, I have podcasts download from the ESPN application (and Tune-In Radio, etc.) that are compressed or otherwise protected, I believe, in the corresponding data/data files. How might one go about this project? Are they stored via SQlight?

To be sure, I simply want to access my podcasts by converting the audio into mp4 or even .wav, but I don't know where/how to begin. If you could, please briefly outline an effective approach (I'll Google or research anything that may be technical or too much of a pain to explain in a reply).

Thanks!

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Last edited:

rhetorician

Feb 9, 2012
OnePlus 8
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Bumping this up, folks. How might one unpack the protected audio that lives in a specific application data file? I don't aim to redistribute protected content; rather I wish to access my audio files, specifically podcasts, across my home media platforms.

Additionally, I'm a teacher and I'd like to play academic podcasts for my students to supplement class texts.

Thanks again!

rhetorician

Feb 9, 2012
OnePlus 8
Google Pixel 6 Pro
I'm getting the sense that my question is obvious or otherwise stupid. If so, will someone kindly (or not so kindly) straighten me out? I have thick skin so, please, lay it on me :)

daneurysm

Jun 13, 2010
Okay. First of all, audio conversion is a relatively simple topic. There are many finer points to it, but, for most consumer uses it's pretty straight forward stuff. So, it seems as if you are leaving hints of details but not getting into the nitty gritty.

I'm an audio engineer and long-time geek (20+ years at both), I'll surely be able to help you. I just need to know WTF you are talking about. Audio conversion is simple, especially if high-end precision isn't a concern (and it doesn't seem like it is).

So, what can you tell us about this audio that you want to convert? What is the native format? Are you trying to unlock or unprotect something? What is your input?

Lay it out one step at a time. (Honestly, your posts were a bit confusing...even for an expert...and I want to help)