[Q] Ugh, I'm a retard. I flashed CWM BEFORE CF-AUTO-ROOT.. HELP!

Search This thread

cousinit99

Oct 10, 2011
OnePlus 7 Pro
OnePlus Open
HELP :eek:

I know I'm a retard, so please spare me the ridicule.

I accidentally flashed CWM BEFORE CF-AUTO-ROOT. Now when I boot into "download" mode, I get the droid that's flat on its back with a red triangle on top of its chest. I get the error message "no command", and when I plug in my USB cable, neither ODIN or the computer detects the phone as a device anymore!! Good god, what do I do?? Please tell me ADB can fix this! Or something else that I'm not aware of..

hey_joe

Oct 28, 2010

I accidentally flashed CWM BEFORE CF-AUTO-ROOT. Now when I boot into "download" mode, I get the droid that's flat on its back with a red triangle on top of its chest. I get the error message "no command", and when I plug in my USB cable, neither ODIN or the computer detects the phone as a device anymore!! Good god, what do I do?? Please tell me ADB can fix this! Or something else that I'm not aware of..

That is probably the recovery you're talking about and not download mode. You access download mode by doing the following;

- turn phone off ( or remove battery and put back in but don't press power button )
- press Vol Down + Power + Home Button all at the same time until the warning message appears on the screen then let go of the buttons
-now pres Vol Up and phone will enter download mode

At this point you can either flash CWM or CF Auto Root. But make sure you use the right file for your os ( 4.3 or 4.4 ) or you will soft brick the phone. It doesn't matter if you install CWM first because you can just flash supersu using CWM to gain root.

Reactions: cousinit99

radu4nfs

Mar 6, 2014

Try to start bootloader by presing on volume up home buton and power.

cousinit99

Oct 10, 2011
OnePlus 7 Pro
OnePlus Open

Holy crap, that was close. I used "ADB reboot download", and it bypassed the farked recovery. Odin detected it and CF-AUTO-ROOT I did! :highfive:

For anyone else who runs into the same situation, download the Android SDK, plug in the phone, start the ADB daemon from a command prompt ("adb start-server"), run "adb reboot download", and poof, you're back into Odin mode..

hey_joe

Oct 28, 2010
Holy crap, that was close. I used "ADB reboot download", and it bypassed the farked recovery. Odin detected it and CF-AUTO-ROOT I did! :highfive:

For anyone else who runs into the same situation, download the Android SDK, plug in the phone, start the ADB daemon from a command prompt ("adb start-server"), run "adb reboot download", and poof, you're back into Odin mode..

Wouldn't have been easier doing it by button presses? I mean see what happened.

cousinit99

Oct 10, 2011
OnePlus 7 Pro
OnePlus Open
That is probably the recovery you're talking about and not download mode. You access download mode by doing the following;

- turn phone off ( or remove battery and put back in but don't press power button )
- press Vol Down + Power + Home Button all at the same time until the warning message appears on the screen then let go of the buttons

At this point you can either flash CWM or CF Auto Root. But make sure you use the right file for your os ( 4.3 or 4.4 ) or you will soft brick the phone. It doesn't matter if you install CWM first because you can just flash supersu using CWM to gain root.

Thank you sir. That probably would've been easier than using ADB. I think the Red Cross took a little too much blood this morning..

Reactions: hey_joe

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Try to start bootloader by presing on volume up home buton and power.

Thank you sir. That probably would've been easier than using ADB. I think the Red Cross took a little too much blood this morning..

You're right, it would have. I didn't see your post in time.. But thank you!! :highfive: