[Q] Galaxy Mega Soft Bricked, need help from more experienced developers.

Search This thread

blaziemoop

Feb 5, 2014
I accidentally installed the wrong software with Odin, and it now has the error "Secure Fail: Kernel".
I'm not sure how to fix it, and it won't go into recovery mode, but when I put it into download mode, it says the following;
Odin Mode
Product Name: GT-I9205
Current Binary: Samsung Official
System Status: Custom
Knox Kernel Lock: 0xfffffffc
Knox Warrenty Void: 0xfffffffc
Qualcomm Secureboot: Enable
Bootloader Ap Swrev: 1
Please help, It's my only phone and I have no clue what to do.

ianneo

Sep 17, 2012
Melbourne
I accidentally installed the wrong software with Odin, and it now has the error "Secure Fail: Kernel".
I'm not sure how to fix it, and it won't go into recovery mode, but when I put it into download mode, it says the following;
Odin Mode
Product Name: GT-I9205
Current Binary: Samsung Official
System Status: Custom
Knox Kernel Lock: 0xfffffffc
Knox Warrenty Void: 0xfffffffc
Qualcomm Secureboot: Enable
Bootloader Ap Swrev: 1
Please help, It's my only phone and I have no clue what to do.

Just download the correct firmware and it will work. Same thing happened to me a week ago. If you have updated your Mega recently, and flashed an old firmware, that is what happens. So flash the new firmware, let it boot and if it doesn't, go into recovery and wipe data.

Sent from my GT-I9200 using Tapatalk

blaziemoop

Feb 5, 2014
That's the thing, I can't find the firmware at all! I'm not even sure which one I need to download.

achour113

Apr 13, 2014
bejaia
please somebody help!!! im having the same problem!!! :crying:

don't worry brother i had the same problem the last week so just install the latest stock rom it will fix

the latest rom I9205XXUCNA2 2014-01-14 from portugal or germany DBT 2014-03-19 me i installed of Portugal it helped me

rom click here sammobile.com/firmwares/2/

sorry for my poor english

Reactions: mehdisheikhi

mehdisheikhi

Aug 30, 2012
don't worry brother i had the same problem the last week so just install the latest stock rom it will fix

the latest rom I9205XXUCNA2 2014-01-14 from portugal or germany DBT 2014-03-19 me i installed of Portugal it helped me

My phone is I9200
which rom should i install????
please help!!!

trurl3

Apr 12, 2011
Warszawa
My phone is I9200
please help!!!

- Go there http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/
- In search window put your model number (I9200)
- Choose firmware suitable for your region and download
- Install downloaded firmware by Odin

Because your System staus is 'Custom' you can not get OTA software upgrade.

Ether you can try to recover your firmware in Kies using tutorial from this thread:
[GUIDE][HOW-TO]Update to latest Official Firmware[All Samsung Device]

mehdisheikhi

Aug 30, 2012

Ether you can try to recover your firmware in Kies using tutorial from this thread:

I downloaded Russia firmware and Iran's firmware for my i9200 and flashed them with odin 3.07 and 3.09
but after odin finishes flashing the rom and i expect the phone to turn on, i only see the LOGO of samsung and a red line in upper part of the screen that has written: SECURE FAIL : KERNEL
do i have to download the latest firmware?? cause Iraq firmware is the latest one

also because my internet is very slow and i pay money for each Gigabyte that i download i have to w8 until 2:00 am so that my internet becomes free ( 2:00 - 7:00 am is free) so that i can download another firmware

Last edited:

ianneo

Sep 17, 2012
Melbourne
I downloaded Russia firmware and Iran's firmware for my i9200 and flashed them with odin 3.07 and 3.09
but after odin finishes flashing the rom and i expect the phone to turn on, i only see the LOGO of samsung and a red line in upper part of the screen that has written: SECURE FAIL : KERNEL
do i have to download the latest firmware?? cause Iraq firmware is the latest one

also because my internet is very slow and i pay money for each Gigabyte that i download i have to w8 until 2:00 am so that my internet becomes free ( 2:00 - 7:00 am is free) so that i can download another firmware

You HAVE to download the latest firmware for it to work, otherwise, you'll trip the KNOX counter. I learned this the hard way ^•^

Sent from my Nexus 7 (grouper) using Tapatalk

trurl3

Apr 12, 2011
Warszawa
You HAVE to download the latest firmware for it to work, otherwise, you'll trip the KNOX counter. I learned this the hard way ^•^

I am sorry so I did not mention it, but it was for me selfevident so you need to download LATEST firmware for your region (all firmwares later than xxxUCNA1 should do. Of course there is one unknown - what kind of firmware you were flashing the first time. )
Although you did not post what firmware you were flashed at the beginning and what you are downloaded now, in my opinion red line means so you probably are trying to flash older firmware without knox, while the first one which cost you troubles, was new kind with knox and, what is even more important, new bootloader . This new bootloader prevent from flashing older firmwares (without knox) and such attempt can be source of soft brick. Unfortunately this situation is irreversible and from now on you can flash ONLY newest firmwares containing knox and new type of bootloader.
So find firmware not older than from the beginning of this year suitable for your region and flash it. That should cure problem immediately.

Last edited:

achour113

Apr 13, 2014
bejaia

don't download the rom of your region
you should download that have the recent kernel

---------- Post added at 11:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:44 PM ----------

don't download the rom of your region
you should download that have the recent kernel

i think that of irak is the latest one : Tue, 04 Feb 2014 05:57:40 +0000

if you don't find solution you should wait if samsung add new build number for other countries or wait to install 4.4 i think will come soon

Frezi Evan

Mar 31, 2014

the latest rom I9205XXUCNA2 2014-01-14 from portugal or germany DBT 2014-03-19 me i installed of Portugal.

Which latest Rom you have installed here ? Can you share me your installed link ? I just want to use it 1 time..:mad:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    please somebody help!!! im having the same problem!!! :crying:

My phone is I9200
    please help!!!

I am sorry so I did not mention it, but it was for me selfevident so you need to download LATEST firmware for your region (all firmwares later than xxxUCNA1 should do. Of course there is one unknown - what kind of firmware you were flashing the first time. )
    Although you did not post what firmware you were flashed at the beginning and what you are downloaded now, in my opinion red line means so you probably are trying to flash older firmware without knox, while the first one which cost you troubles, was new kind with knox and, what is even more important, new bootloader . This new bootloader prevent from flashing older firmwares (without knox) and such attempt can be source of soft brick. Unfortunately this situation is irreversible and from now on you can flash ONLY newest firmwares containing knox and new type of bootloader.
    So find firmware not older than from the beginning of this year suitable for your region and flash it. That should cure problem immediately.