[Q] Link2SD and partitioned SD causes Bootloop on Xperia M

Search This thread

heelium

Jan 16, 2014
Hello everybody,

I´ve got al little question.

After several evenings trying to install Link2SD an my Xperia M I would like to ask you for help.

I´ve got a Xperia M, Android 4.1.2, Firmware 15.1.C.2.8 with an externel SD Card Sandisk 16GB.

1) I rootet my Xperia M with Framaroot. Later to get sure again with Easy Rooting Toolkit.
2) I made 2 partitions on my SD. 1st 12GB FAT32, 2nd 4GB ext2 both PRIMARY. I also testet 2nd FAT32 PRIMARY or Logical. And I testet
anoter SD card with 8GB.
3) Starting Link2SD, choosing the format of Partition 2, (ext2 or FAT32), short massage from Link2SD -> automatical Reboot Xperia.
4) Bootloop. -> Taking of the SC Card, Xperia boots without any problems.

I don´t know how to get along with this problem.

After reading and trying a lot of hints and tips i´m altough not able installing this function correctly.

Could you help me please, making this app running on my phone?

Thank you very much and have a nice day.

Markus

Last edited:

kinetic_soul

Jan 16, 2014
Hello everybody,

I´ve got al little question.

After several evenings trying to install Link2SD an my Xperia M I would like to ask you for help.

I´ve got a Xperia M, Android 4.1.2, Firmware 15.1.C.2.8 with an externel SD Card Sandisk 16GB.

1) I rootet my Xperia M with Framaroot. Later to get sure again with Easy Rooting Toolkit.
2) I made 2 partitions on my SD. 1st 12GB FAT32, 2nd 4GB ext2 both PRIMARY. I also testet 2nd FAT32 PRIMARY or Logical. And I testet
anoter SD card with 8GB.
3) Starting Link2SD, choosing the format of Partition 2, (ext2 or FAT32), short massage from Link2SD -> automatical Reboot Xperia.
4) Bootloop. -> Taking of the SC Card, Xperia boots without any problems.

I don´t know how to get along with this problem.

After reading and trying a lot of hints and tips i´m altough not able installing this function correctly.

Could you help me please, making this app running on my phone?

Thank you very much and have a nice day.

Markus

To get rid of the boot loop, remove the SD card and flash a custom .ftf file for your Xperia M using Flashtool. Google around a download the Xperia M firmware [.ftf file] and using flashmode in Flashtool, restore stock firmware and all should be good.

P.S. Your root will go but you can get it back by rooting again. It's the only way, sadly.

Good luck! :good:

Last edited:

heelium

Jan 16, 2014
Do not know exactly what to do

To get rid of the boot loop, remove the SD card and flash a custom .ftf file for your Xperia M using Flashtool. Google around a download the Xperia M firmware [.ftf file] and using flashmode in Flashtool, restore stock firmware and all should be good.

P.S. Your root will go but you can get it back by rooting again. It's the only way, sadly.

Good luck! :good:

I´m sorry for asking stupid...

A custom .ftf ist an special kind of firmware? Whic would be the right one?

Stock ist the original one from the manufacturer?

The flashtool is running a finds the phone, now I'm looking for the right .ftf

But I don´t know exactly what to do. The firmware ist 15.1.C.2.8 and I have to look for another one?

What do you mean with restore Stock? Flash the phone again with the 15.1.C.2.8 or something else?

Thank you very much for helping an absolutely newcomer...
Markus

heelium

Jan 16, 2014
Right ftf?

Hello and good evening.

I was looking for some .tft´s und found one like this: C2005_15.2.A.1.12_CE.ftf

Is this a file I can use?
It seems to be the firmware from the Xperia M Dual and according to a threat it should be working with a Xperia M.
Or where can I download a suitable ftf?

Do I have to save the contend of my phone bevor flashing? What´s App etc...?

If I've got the right ftf I only have to put the phone into flashmode (vol down and plug on usb) and start flashing the phone with the tool, right?

Thanks a lot for supporting me and your patience.
Markus

kinetic_soul

Jan 16, 2014
Hello and good evening.

I was looking for some .tft´s und found one like this: C2005_15.2.A.1.12_CE.ftf

Is this a file I can use?
It seems to be the firmware from the Xperia M Dual and according to a threat it should be working with a Xperia M.
Or where can I download a suitable ftf?

Do I have to save the contend of my phone bevor flashing? What´s App etc...?

If I've got the right ftf I only have to put the phone into flashmode (vol down and plug on usb) and start flashing the phone with the tool, right?

Thanks a lot for supporting me and your patience.
Markus

If C2005 is your phone's model number then yes, I think you can. Just search Google for some .ftf file for your phone and flash it onto your device using Flashtool. You can backup with Titanium backup or Nandroid backup if you have root.

Good luck! and hit the thanks button if you found this helpful

Last edited:

sdcsdc

Jun 23, 2016
i need urgent help.
i did the same as Hellium did.i made 2 paritions and rooted my xperia m dual c2004.
i just wanted to ask what is the use of .tft file?
And lastly can i use the second partition in this phone xperia m dual?
cause i m starting to believe that it is not possible in this phone.
ty/