[Q] Launcher name

Search This thread

rishisapte699

Feb 2, 2014
Mumbai
I recently installed the moto x kitkat launcher for this xda site which I guess was the original launcher of the moto x, I downloaded the apk directly to my phone and tried installing when it told me that the name of the moto x launcher and my original nexus 4 launcher was the same, is there any way in which I could change the name of the moto x launcher to something else, or could you make a apk with another name of the moto x launcher for it to work on my nexus 4??

Berrydroidcafe

May 12, 2011
Cleveland Ohio - San Diego Ca
I recently installed the moto x kitkat launcher for this xda site which I guess was the original launcher of the moto x, I downloaded the apk directly to my phone and tried installing when it told me that the name of the moto x launcher and my original nexus 4 launcher was the same, is there any way in which I could change the name of the moto x launcher to something else, or could you make a apk with another name of the moto x launcher for it to work on my nexus 4??

The only thing I can think of is to install another launcher (Nova or Apex), set the new one to default, uninstall the other launcher, install the launcher you want, set it as default, uninstall the other one. (Nova or Apex)

Sent with my Nexus® 10 minus 3