Windows 8.1 drivers?

Search This thread

Cowboy_Henk

May 9, 2011
Hello,

After installing Windows 8.1 I can't seem to connect my A700 to the computer.

The computer recognizes the tablet as A700 and mtp device and can't find drivers for it.
I tried the google drivers Adb Composite device driver and such, it's get installed but still my A700 doesn't show up in my computer so I can't transfer my files to it!

So are there any Windows 8.1 drivers?

here is a pic, sorry for the dutch :) I'm from Belgium

11qgsih.jpg

Shreps

Recognized Developer
Feb 13, 2012
Paris
moto.shreps.fr
MTP drivers are natively installed on Windows with Window Media Player
If you have a Windows "N" version (without media), you will have to install the pack separately

Reactions: Dc0de

Cowboy_Henk

May 9, 2011
If you have a Windows "N" version (without media), you will have to install the pack separately

Thanks :) (and sorry for the "spamming" in the other thread.

Too bad I have to pay 10 euro to install Media Center Pack.

I've bought Windows 8 PRO upgrade, then upgraded to windows 8.1 pro for free via the store and when I want media center pack I have to pay :(

Cowboy_Henk

May 9, 2011
Search on google, maybe there is a free "minimum" pack with the MTP drivers only

I tried this
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=19153

But it doesn't work. It gives you drivers for win XP and Vista, I tried either of them for the 'mtp device' but windows doesn't take it.

Ok but when I want to install CM11 do i need all this? I can install the google usb drivers:
I take for "acer a700" device : Android ADB interface and for "MTP device" I take: android composite adb interface.

And when I do the test "adb devices' it gives me a number, so this means it's correct right?
So when I have this I can install clockworkmod and CM11?

When I have CM11 installed could it be I can see the acer a700 in my computer?

Last edited:

Shreps

Recognized Developer
Feb 13, 2012
Paris
moto.shreps.fr
I tried this
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=19153

But it doesn't work. It gives you drivers for win XP and Vista, I tried either of them for the 'mtp device' but windows doesn't take it.

Ok but when I want to install CM11 do i need all this? I can install the google usb drivers:
I take for "acer a700" device : Android ADB interface and for "MTP device" I take: android composite adb interface.

And when I do the test "adb devices' it gives me a number, so this means it's correct right?
So when I have this I can install clockworkmod and CM11?

When I have CM11 installed could it be I can see the acer a700 in my computer?

If you have "adb devices" returning a serial number, it's ok, your device is well regconize in debug mode
So you can install CWM without problem.

MTP (Multimedia Protocol) is the protocol used in order to access the storage of your device, without it, you will not be able to explore/copy files on your tab.
You can try to change the protocol in your tab settings and use PTP instead of MTP, but with PTP (Photo Protocol), only JPG will be accessible via USB.

CM11 is using MTP too for USB storage connection.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.