Facebook/ Instagram apps wont load photos on wifi??

Search This thread

thatg

Mar 18, 2007
Nyc
Anyone having this issue. Not exactly sure what changed in my wifi setup but in the facebook and instagram apps photos in my feed wont load. When i switch over to mobile data or use the web page in the browser over wifi they load fine. For some reason my wifi does not play nice with instagram and facebook apps. This is on my galaxy s4 but have tried several different devices and they all have the same issue.

Has anyone run into this problem? Tried searched and found some people who had the opposite issue with it not loading over mobile data but havent found a thread on this. Thanks for any tips.

Reactions: Robjenga

Robjenga

May 7, 2014
I am having the exact same issues. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Anyone having this issue. Not exactly sure what changed in my wifi setup but in the facebook and instagram apps photos in my feed wont load. When i switch over to mobile data or use the web page in the browser over wifi they load fine. For some reason my wifi does not play nice with instagram and facebook apps. This is on my galaxy s4 but have tried several different devices and they all have the same issue.

Has anyone run into this problem? Tried searched and found some people who had the opposite issue with it not loading over mobile data but havent found a thread on this. Thanks for any tips.

omaraux

Nov 26, 2013

I am having the exact same issue, its seem to be a router problem, my newsfeed load fine one 4g and other wifi (i have a galaxy s2), but on my home wifi the newsfeed for facebook or instagram won't load, my sister is also experiencing the same problem with here galaxy S......any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

FYI: i've tried restarting the router, upgrading the firmware which didn't work. also before i realized it was just the router i've tried force closing, clearing the cache and restarting the phone, i've also uninstall and reinstall the app several times.

podolian

Nov 30, 2014
I had a similar problem but I sorted it out today on my Nexus 4. My problem was, the default gateway on my phone was different from what it has to be for that specific wifi network.
In windows one can check the default gateway by running command prompt (cmd) and typing ipconfig.
On your phone you also have to check the advanced settings for that wifi network that you have problems with.
I set the Ip settings to static from DHCP and entered the default gateway values from my pc to my phone. You can also get another ip for your phone in that advanced settings tab if you think there may be an ip conflict but as I told, my problem was the differing default gateway values. I haven't changed the DNS which was google dns by default.
Key thing was the default gateway values for me and I'm hoping this will help many of you.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.