File syncing through USB/wifi?

Search This thread

les02jen17

Jun 10, 2011
Manila
I am looking for a solution to backup the files inside my /sdcard directory (I know it's not a real sdcard, just emulated). Personally, I'd like to have something like this:

A program in the PC that detects when the Nexus 5 is plugged in via USB that triggers an automatic backup/sync (copy + paste) of all/selected files/folders to the PC/Nexus 5/vice-versa. Or, similarly, an program on the PC (that could be partnered by an app in the Nexus 5) that detects when the Nexus 5 connects to the same wifi network where the PC is connected and triggers an automatic backup/sync (copy+paste) of all/selected files/folders to the PC/Nexus 5/vice-versa.

Anyone? I hate MTP by the way. It just doesn't work well for me. It freezes up my Nexus 5 or PC and just takes a long time to copy files. I hate the fact that USB Mass Storage isn't working on the Nexus 5. :(

Last edited:

pinkLeviosa

May 5, 2014
I am looking for a solution to backup the files inside my /sdcard directory (I know it's not a real sdcard, just emulated). Personally, I'd like to have something like this:

A program in the PC that detects when the Nexus 5 is plugged in via USB that triggers an automatic backup/sync (copy + paste) of all/selected files/folders to the PC/Nexus 5/vice-versa. Or, similarly, an program on the PC (that could be partnered by an app in the Nexus 5) that detects when the Nexus 5 connects to the same wifi network where the PC is connected and triggers an automatic backup/sync (copy+paste) of all/selected files/folders to the PC/Nexus 5/vice-versa.

Anyone? I hate MTP by the way. It just doesn't work well for me. It freezes up my Nexus 5 or PC and just takes a long time to copy files. I hate the fact that USB Mass Storage isn't working on the Nexus 5. :(

try SyncMe wireless

vin4yak

Mar 10, 2013
Mumbai
vinu.info
I tried that but some of the ports required are closed and I cannot just open them since I'm not allowed to fiddle around the router (my brother would kill me). Trying out Goodsync Server right now. Will report back.

Install Folder Sync: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=dk.tacit.android.foldersync.full

Make an account under SMB/CIFS and select remote and local folders. I recently started using it and it works perfectly! I have scheduled it to run every night @ 11pm :D

Reactions: les02jen17

tlopez1973

Nov 10, 2011
benton city wa

Try snapea is works good fire me

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Top Liked Posts