[Q] Hot phone bright screen, cold phone dim screen. ????

Search This thread

JMorgSmit

Feb 19, 2012
Boswell
I dropped my phone in a puddle of water during a light drinking binge a week ago. :D I did all the known techniques for drying out. Rice, etc.
Waited a whole week before turning phone back on, everything seems to work great except screen is very dim. I thought maybe it still needed a little more drying so I took a blow dryer to it. Phone was nice and warm. Afterwards turned phone back on and screen was bright and full of color. I thought wow its fine. About 10 minutes later screen went dim again. Imagine my disappointment. I thought what the hell I'll try the blow dryer again and bingo screen bright and full of color, but as soon as phone cools the screen is dim again. The heat from the blow dryer brings my screen back to life everytime but as soon as it cools it becomes a paperweight. :crying:

Just wanted to know if anyone had any explanations as to why this is?

eatsleep

Jun 29, 2013
I dropped my phone in a puddle of water during a light drinking binge a week ago. :D I did all the known techniques for drying out. Rice, etc.
Waited a whole week before turning phone back on, everything seems to work great except screen is very dim. I thought maybe it still needed a little more drying so I took a blow dryer to it. Phone was nice and warm. Afterwards turned phone back on and screen was bright and full of color. I thought wow its fine. About 10 minutes later screen went dim again. Imagine my disappointment. I thought what the hell I'll try the blow dryer again and bingo screen bright and full of color, but as soon as phone cools the screen is dim again. The heat from the blow dryer brings my screen back to life everytime but as soon as it cools it becomes a paperweight. :crying:

A new screen i guess

pushkardua

Apr 18, 2012
Delhi
www.androidclaus.com

if you have screwdriver set and some skills... watch a video and open your phone... maybe there some moisture left :)

PS: Its not that difficult if done correctly :)

Reactions: JMorgSmit

JMorgSmit

Feb 19, 2012
Boswell
Thank you all for the help.

if you have screwdriver set and some skills... watch a video and open your phone... maybe there some moisture left :)

I took the phone completely apart down to the last screw. Laid all the pieces out on a towel and used the blow dryer for about ten minutes. Put everything back together and BINGO! Has worked like a charm ever since. Thanks again.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.