Digiland Android Tablet Root Anyone?

Search This thread

Shaun_vip

Dec 25, 2014
SuperSU does not work properly with the dl1010q. You won't be able to use titanium backup or some other apps like lucky patcher. SuperSU cannot access root from SD. I tried every fix I could try and there isn't one. Makers of superSU know of this but don't plan on changing anything as of now. I'm using KINGUSER but don't want to, but everything functions as it should.

ShapesBlue

May 9, 2012
SuperSU does not work properly with the dl1010q. You won't be able to use titanium backup or some other apps like lucky patcher. SuperSU cannot access root from SD. I tried every fix I could try and there isn't one. Makers of superSU know of this but don't plan on changing anything as of now. I'm using KINGUSER but don't want to, but everything functions as it should.

As much as I would agree with this supersu is made by recognized developer chainfire. It could be the fact that the tablet itself just isn't worth supporting, I've seen this version in best buy and it's quite cheaply made and quality isn't the best either

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2

Shaun_vip

Dec 25, 2014
I am rooted dl1010q on latest update, 1.4.2. I used vroot (now iroot) here. http://www.mgyun.com/en/getvroot. then changed from chinese vroot to supersu using this script.
http://www.w0lfdroid.com/2013/11/How-to-Remove-Replace-VRoot-Chinese-superuser-with-SuperSU.html

have to be careful mucking around though, no custom recovery and no backup rom.

As much as I would agree with this supersu is made by recognized developer chainfire. It could be the fact that the tablet itself just isn't worth supporting, I've seen this version in best buy and it's quite cheaply made and quality isn't the best either

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2

Well the quality of the tablet has nothing to do with the app not supporting it lol... I have a Samsung tab 3 10.1 and bought this just because I got it for a steal. Truthfully the tablet isn't that bad. Screen resolution and the LCD display are really the only areas lacking performance is great with root and some adjusting. It is an mtk device with ubifs file system so a few support issues should be expected. I have had great results with my dl1010q. It is the cheapest built device I have owned but the best of the Chinese cheapies I have touched. As time passes I feel that we will see better support for most mtk devices as they will become more common. Until then I'm stuck with kinguser (not by choice) it functions 100% properly for this tablet.

Last edited:

speranio

Jan 25, 2015
I am rooted dl1010q on latest update, 1.4.2. I used vroot (now iroot) here. then changed from chinese vroot to supersu using this script.

Confirm. After the uninvited update (A1008L_V1.4.2 build# 20150114), which installed Clean Master, I was able to get root using VRoot v.1.7.9.11674, and Xiaomi ADB USB drivers from adbtoolkit.com/drivers/applications/xiaomi ; then installed SuperSU, made it a system app (and it removed the chinese superuser); finally, disabled Wireless update and Clean master by means of Uninstall expert.

Reactions: HeaT420

epic_task

May 27, 2011
Yes, not only did it reboot my machine without warning to start the update, and then go on to install new craplets and disable root, but it also seems to have broken adb access for me. (I can still mount as USB storage so I know that it does still talk to the computer.)

They've added insult to injury. I'll need to complain to BestBuy.

Planet Indigo

Dec 7, 2014
I have some questions for those of you who have rooted after the latest firmware update.
First of all, to those who prefer (or would prefer) to use SuperSU over Kinguser, what makes you prefer it? Does it offer functionality that Kinguser lacks? Is Kinguser 100% safe regarding spyware/malware? I was a little wary since it's not on the Google store, but I haven't found solid evidence that Kinguser is a form of spyware/malware. Shaun_vip, you seemed to imply that you would have used SuperSU if only it was as functional as Kinguser for this particular tablet, what makes you say that? Did you find spyware/malware in Kinguser?

Secondly, has anyone tried the direct run from android iroot apk app? Their version 2.1.1 is from Jan 16th 2015 so it might be recent enough to run even on this new update, no? Has anyone tried it? The app there: www.mgyun.com/m/en

Also, Speranio, could you elaborate on "disabled Wireless update and clean master by means of Uninstall expert"? Did you use SuperSU to actually uninstall both of them or did you merely "freeze" the apps from starting upon boot? Has anyone done anything about that Accuweather process that keeps running in the background?

Here's my situation: my tablet was rooted with Root Genius, but I lost the root access following the last update. I still have that Kinguser app in my system folder but it no longer has root support. What would be the easiest and SAFEST way for me to regain root and restore kinguser's root privileges without having excess leftover apps, etc... I'm still quite new to android rooting, so the easier and the safer the process is, the better it would be for me. Thanks for any help.

LPCTech

Nov 30, 2014
Originaly I rooted with root genius then the sudden BS update just rebooted my phone and installed crapware and malware and took away root. I was unable to find any other rooting method that worked besides this http://www.mgyun.com/en/getvroot suggested by another poster. This rooted me (AFTER I reset the device) and installed "Superuser" and a weird chinese app. I also still have kinguser on there so I just left the superuser and kingroot on there. I used kingroots uninstall feature(or maybe superuser? I forget) and the system app mgr to remove cleaner master(pos) and the other crap that was installed. Now its rooted with only the apps I want on it other than that it has both superuser and kingroot but that doesnt bother me so. I guess all is well now. Not a bad device, but I will never buy a digiland again after this. Mostly because of that update situation.

Shaun_vip

Dec 25, 2014
I have some questions for those of you who have rooted after the latest firmware update.
First of all, to those who prefer (or would prefer) to use SuperSU over Kinguser, what makes you prefer it? Does it offer functionality that Kinguser lacks? Is Kinguser 100% safe regarding spyware/malware? I was a little wary since it's not on the Google store, but I haven't found solid evidence that Kinguser is a form of spyware/malware. Shaun_vip, you seemed to imply that you would have used SuperSU if only it was as functional as Kinguser for this particular tablet, what makes you say that? Did you find spyware/malware in Kinguser?

Secondly, has anyone tried the direct run from android iroot apk app? Their version 2.1.1 is from Jan 16th 2015 so it might be recent enough to run even on this new update, no? Has anyone tried it? The app there: www.mgyun.com/m/en

Also, Speranio, could you elaborate on "disabled Wireless update and clean master by means of Uninstall expert"? Did you use SuperSU to actually uninstall both of them or did you merely "freeze" the apps from starting upon boot? Has anyone done anything about that Accuweather process that keeps running in the background?

Here's my situation: my tablet was rooted with Root Genius, but I lost the root access following the last update. I still have that Kinguser app in my system folder but it no longer has root support. What would be the easiest and SAFEST way for me to regain root and restore kinguser's root privileges without having excess leftover apps, etc... I'm still quite new to android rooting, so the easier and the safer the process is, the better it would be for me. Thanks for any help.

I have always had no problems with SuperSU (been using for years). Kinguser is clean; however, not enough is known about it for me to trust it completely yet. I use titanium backup so kinguser is the only option that works as it should for this tablet. I did not take the last wireless update I used tibackup to freeze wireless update so I won't have issues with bricking/loosing root. I am happy with things the way they are.

Go into app settings and force stop the AccuWeather app and freeze with titanium backup. No more AccuWeather process.

Last edited:

Planet Indigo

Dec 7, 2014
Originaly I rooted with root genius then the sudden BS update just rebooted my phone and installed crapware and malware and took away root. I was unable to find any other rooting method that worked besides this http://www.mgyun.com/en/getvroot suggested by another poster. This rooted me (AFTER I reset the device) and installed "Superuser" and a weird chinese app. I also still have kinguser on there so I just left the superuser and kingroot on there. I used kingroots uninstall feature(or maybe superuser? I forget) and the system app mgr to remove cleaner master(pos) and the other crap that was installed. Now its rooted with only the apps I want on it other than that it has both superuser and kingroot but that doesnt bother me so. I guess all is well now. Not a bad device, but I will never buy a digiland again after this. Mostly because of that update situation.

Out of curiosity, did you try the android version of that vroot/iroot before using the PC version?
In that post you refer to "kingroot", do you refer to "kinguser" and "kingroot" interchangeably? Are they one and the same, just different name, or did you have 3 root apps installed at once? Is "kingroot" the "weird chinese app" you are referring to?
Finally, when you said you removed "the other crap that was installed", did you uninstall Accuweather? How about the "wireless update", did you uninstall that or just freeze it from running? What else did you successfully remove? I'm trying to compile a list of what I can safely uninstall.

I have always had no problems with SuperSU (been using for years). Kinguser is clean; however, not enough is known about it for me to trust it completely yet. I use titanium backup so kinguser is the only option that works as it should for this tablet. I did not take the last wireless update I used tibackup to freeze wireless update so I won't have issues with bricking/loosing root. I am happy with things the way they are.

Go into app settings and force stop the AccuWeather app and freeze with titanium backup. No more AccuWeather process.

Thanks for the answer. When you say "kinguser is clean", do you mean the interface is clean or do you mean that you read about it or checked it yourself and that it's clean of malware/spyware? If the latter, why are you still not completely trusting it yet? Are you not 100% sure that it's clean of spyware/malware? I'm just trying to understand/learn as much as possible about Kinguser.

The thing about Accuweather is that despite me losing root, I can still access Kinguser and its uninstall feature lists Accuweather as un-"uninstallable". unlike clean master (which it lists as uninstallable but only with root). Also when you check it out in App info, it says: "In order to improve performance and reduce memory usage, some of these permissions are available to Accuweather because it runs in the same process as Fused location, Settings storage, schedule power on & off, MTK-G sensor_cali, Key Chain, Android System, Input devices, com.mediatek, voice unlock, settings, common data service, batterywarning, EM SIM ME lock, MTK thermal manager, dongle and Fotaprovider." It sounds like it's somehow integrated in the OS, no? (which I hate...) Ideally, I'd like to uninstall it but is is safe to freeze it or preferably to uninstall it? I understand you didn't update to the last update, so you might not know, has anyone here uninstalled or frozen it?
Is freezing an app basically a last resort on an app that you can't safely uninstall? I'd preferably like to avoid the extra running process of a dedicated freezing app if I can get a cleaner/more permanent result by just uninstalling the bloatware rather than freezing it.

Last edited:

LPCTech

Nov 30, 2014
Yes, sorry about that, I was using kinguser and kingroot interchangeably without noticing. The app is kinguser left by root genius. I left the accuweather app alone. I uninstalled clean master and the "wireless update app". And I uninstalled an app that was entirely in chinese, I dont know what it was, but its gone lol. I think there may have also been some kind of chinese "superuser" app also which I left alone. So there are between 2 and 3 "superuser-esque" apps on the tablet but it seems as if the original "superuser" is the one in control as its the only one showing which other apps get root permission. Ive been busy and not using the device much at the moment so Id have to poke around further. But im semi-happy for the moment that I at least have root and this forum ;) and I can go from there.

ryan0720

Dec 23, 2014
For the dl1010q use Root Genius on your pc remember to enable USB debugging. It works after the tablets wireless update. But make sure to unintelligible the extra crap apps installed with KingUser. SUPERSU does NOT work properly on this tablet (dl1010q) so stay with kinguser. Supersu will not allow access to root from SD so lucky patcher and titanium backup will not work properly. I don't like kinguser but there is no fix for this I have searched for weeks. You may be able to use superuser but I think you won't be able to update the su binary. I have not been able to build a custom twrp for this tablet. Does anyone have a proper custom recovery for the dl1010q? I need the stock recovery.img and the stock firmware if anyone has found a way to get it.

Have you found the stock firmware?? I also did the same now stuck at android guy eith no command???

speranio

Jan 25, 2015

Haven't tried iroot apk, instead I installed adb drivers and used VRoot on PC with the tablet connected over USB. VRoot puts chinese Superuser as a root access supervisor, so all root requests are in chinese. That's why i installed a "normal" root supervisor, SuperSU, which removed Superuser. I used Uninstall expert app to just freeze Clean master and wireless update, so they don't run anymore (didn't want to remove them completely - there is no stock firmware), you can also use Titanium backup for that purpose, but it's somewhat heavy tool (as if you use a sledgehammer to crack a nut ;), some people also report that it doesn't work with SuperSU.
With these tools and root access you can freeze any app you want, including Accuweather. If system starts misbehaving, you can unfreeze them.

Last edited:

LPCTech

Nov 30, 2014
Just wanted to post that somehow when I turned the tablet on today a WHOLE BUNCH of new games and crapps were installed and clean master HAS RETURNED!!! SO i removed everything besides kinguser that I did not recognize. Now everything seems to work, all is well. Still have root. With just kinguser. It seems that you can uninstall just about everything that popped on there and still have root. But without a custom rom this thing still makes me nervous.

b_fizzle

Feb 22, 2010
Screenshot Icon in Navbar?

Hey everyone,

I hate having to post this question...but I can't find an answer anywhere (here or through google search). I have two of these tablets which I rooted upon purchase (using Kingroot method). I quickly downloaded Titanium Backup and froze Accuweather, Browser, Calendar, Email, Gmail, Google+, Hangouts, Maps and Wireless Update. I then downloaded some games and puzzle/education apps for the kids and those became Christmas presents. One of the tablets has a screenshot icon in the navbar and the other does not. If you rotate to landscape,voume down and volume up buttons are added (but again, not on the other one).

I have scoured settings and tried to find this option but haven't had any luck. Does anyone have any idea how to enable/disable this?

I considered doing Xposed but then I'd have to be running another app process and simply don't want anything else that could potentially bog the system down.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

vampirefo

Apr 3, 2010
Hey everyone,

I hate having to post this question...but I can't find an answer anywhere (here or through google search). I have two of these tablets which I rooted upon purchase (using Kingroot method). I quickly downloaded Titanium Backup and froze Accuweather, Browser, Calendar, Email, Gmail, Google+, Hangouts, Maps and Wireless Update. I then downloaded some games and puzzle/education apps for the kids and those became Christmas presents. One of the tablets has a screenshot icon in the navbar and the other does not. If you rotate to landscape,voume down and volume up buttons are added (but again, not on the other one).

I have scoured settings and tried to find this option but haven't had any luck. Does anyone have any idea how to enable/disable this?

I considered doing Xposed but then I'd have to be running another app process and simply don't want anything else that could potentially bog the system down.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

You would need to copy the system from the good one to the bad one.

---------- Post added at 11:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:16 PM ----------

Anyone have the update.zip for dl701q? The one I got is already updated out of box. The update.zip has the files needed to make a flashable stock rom.

Sent from my DL701Q using Tapatalk

Reactions: b_fizzle

rtistronnie

Feb 24, 2015
Recovery for bricked DL10101q

I had my dl1010q rooted and I stupidly installed chainfire 3d. I restarted my tablet but Im stuck in a boot loop now. What Options for recovery do I have. This is my first android device and the digiland support hasn't answered any of my emails. I can get in to recovery and I tried factory reset and wiping the cache but no luck. Any suggestions?

Thanks

vampirefo

Apr 3, 2010
I had my dl1010q rooted and I stupidly installed chainfire 3d. I restarted my tablet but Im stuck in a boot loop now. What Options for recovery do I have. This is my first android device and the digiland support hasn't answered any of my emails. I can get in to recovery and I tried factory reset and wiping the cache but no luck. Any suggestions?

Thanks
Never heard of the app, you need to find out what chainfire 3d does, eg what files it adds, what files it removes, then port a custom recovery for your tablet.
Boot into custom recovery and remove the files chainfire added, replace any files chainfire 3d removed.

Sent from my Venue 8 3830 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Digging Deep into this tablet

DL1010Q

so far I have ,
    Root, SuperSU
    Backed up / Dump Rom, DD
    TTL mod, Direct connection to board.
    Battery mod Removed old 5000mAh , installed dual 6000 mAh
    heat-sink for better cooling.
    Finally, after many, many hours of try and error, i got to root the DL1010Q with the latest update. I am not sure this process will work for everyone, since I'm not sure it was just one piece of Software that did the trick, or it was something related to all the tools and manuals methods used, but just in case, this may help someone.
    I got to root the tablet with iRoot (the new version of vRoot). I used a standard ADB driver. The biggest complication seems to be when buttons with text in Chinese start showing in the tablet screen. There seem to be 2 options, apparently one accepts the root and the other doesn't, so you should probably try twice, just in case. It install something similar to SuperSu, but in Chinese, and very annoying (The icon is something similar to a multicolor ring). You can later install superSu and uninstall the chinese version.
    Hope this helps, good luck with your rooting!
    I FINALLY GOT IT! I used Kingo Root to finally root my tablet. This automatically installs SuperSU, but you have to update the su binary before root will work. Norton says this is virus free. (It might say that you are already rooted, just ignore that.)
    Link:
    kingoapp. c o m/android-root/download.htm
    Rooted successfully for DL700D
    1. install driver after connecting via usb to PC http://adbdriver.com/downloads/
    2. downloaded kingo ROOT
    3. opened kingo root and clicked "root again" (said it was rooted but that was false
    4. device rebooted and installed supersu
    5. root confirmed

now...anyone know any mods or good overclock software that works with it? thx in advance
    I just got one of these lately and found how quickly I could root it. I shy away from automatic tools like those magic-one-click-root applications; I do things the manual way. A lot of this has to do with the fact that I use Linux.

My DL701Q is still at the stock build number (A86V_v003; custom build 1411098861). I read about the dire results that come from accepting the update, so I did not apply it. All the same, the manual technique I used might turn out to be able to root an upgraded DL701Q.

I found what I should have done first by trial and error. A lot of this process follows the same steps that Koush's Superuser recovery-mode installer (superuser.zip) uses in its own installation script. ClockworkMod recovery is not available on this device, but now we make that not matter so much. Here are the basic steps I would follow if doing this with a fresh unit. There is no need to get into recovery mode or the boot loader: all of this with the device powered up the normal way.

1. Be sure you have a way in. All of this works because adb shell gives you root access. If that is still true with the upgraded device, you should be in luck.
    a. Be sure that you have the Android Software Development Kit (SDK) installed and the proper USB drivers for the SDK. (On Linux, there is no need to install separate drivers.)
    b. Allow USB debugging. If you don't already have the developer options enabled on the phone, go to settings, select About Tablet at the end of the menu, look for the Build number entry, and tap it seven times. Yeah, really. You should see a message indicating that the developer options are enabled. Now press the back button and press the Developer options entry that is now visible. Enable USB debugging on this menu (about 40% down the menu).
    c. Plug in the USB cable between the device and your computer. At a command prompt, enter the command
    adb shell
    You'll likely get a message like "Please check the confirmation dialog on your device." Yes, look for that dialog and press OK. Now run the adb shell command again.
    d. You should now get a prompt that looks like this:
    root@DL701Q:/ #
    If that's what you see (especially with a # instead of a $), you're good. If the prompt ends in a dollar sign, you'll have to look for another way to get rooted.

2. Download a fresh version of Busybox. I *really* try to stay away from random download sites, so I'm glad to see it's easy to get Busybox directly from the source. Look to
    http://busybox.net/downloads/binaries/latest/ for a listing of Busybox binaries (pardon the lack of clickability of the URL; the policy of this bulletin board is less than reasonable). Select the one you need. For the Digiland DL701Q, that one is busybox-armv7l. (If you're reading this and you have some other device, enter this command at the adb shell prompt:
    cat /proc/cpuinfo
    and look for the line labelled Processor. The version of Busybox you download should correspond to your processor.)

3. Make the system partition writable. Type in this command at the adb prompt:
    mount -o remount,rw /system

4. Put Busybox onto the phone. In a second command prompt window, change to the directory where you downloaded Busybox and run this command:
    adb push busybox-armv7l /system/xbin/busybox

5. In the first command prompt (where you have the adb shell running), run these three commands. These get busybox set up on your device:
    cd /system/xbin
    chmod 755 busybox
    busybox --install -s /system/xbin

6. Get the latest superuser.zip directly from the ClockworkMod web site. This is the URL: http://download.clockworkmod.com/superuser/superuser.zip

7. Using your second command-prompt window, unzip the superuser.zip file into some convenient working directory (preferably empty). I don't know what kind of hoops you might have to go through on your OS, but in Linux this command would do it:
    unzip superuser.zip -d some/empty/directory

8. In the second command-prompt window, switch to the armeabi subdirectory of whereever you unzipped superuser.zip. This directory contains the su binary for the Digilink device. Run this command to copy it to the device:
    adb push su /system/xbin

9. In the first command-prompt window (with the adb shell prompt), run these commands to be sure that su will work properly:
    chown 0:0 /system/xbin/su
    chmod 6755 /system/xbin/su
    chattr -i /system/xbin/su

10. Set up the script that starts the su daemon that Superuser needs.
    a. Run these commands in the second command-prompt window (where the files from superuser.zip are):
    cd ..
    adb push install-recovery.sh /system/etc/install-recovery.sh

b. Run these commands in the first command-prompt window (the adb shell):
    chmod 755 /system/etc/install-recovery.sh
    touch /system/etc/.installed_su_daemon

11. You're almost done. Install Superuser.apk (the main Superuser application). There are two ways to do this. Do only one of these:
    a. The normal installation way. Enable Installation from Unknown Sources (under the Security item in the Settings menu) and then run this command at the second command prompt:
    adb install Superuser.apk
    b. This is the cheat method that superuser.zip uses without needing Unknown Sources. At the second command prompt, run this command to copy Superuser.apk to the device:
    adb push Superuser.apk /system/app/
    Then in the first command-prompt window run this command:
    chmod 644 /system/app/Superuser.apk

12. Now restart your tablet and look for the magic. When it comes back up, Superuser should start and be happy and applications needing root access should be able to get it.

I'm dying to know if this will work with the firmware upgrade that's getting pushed.