Oneplus One Australia thread

Search This thread

Denisuu

Nov 7, 2011
Hi guys,

I'm going to Sydney with a working holiday visa the 26th of November for an unknown period off time. Depending on how I like the country :D

I sent back my previous Oneplus one because of the touchscreen issue and ordered a new one. Do allot off you experience ghost touches, swipes and unresponsive screen? I noticed It got worse in hotter countries I really do hope that this device will not have this problem since its going to be the only bit off technology I'm taking with me.

Also what provider has the best 4G coverage over the whole country? I use Mobile Vikings here in Belgium.

Kerjifire

Feb 5, 2013
Melbourne
Hi guys,

I'm going to Sydney with a working holiday visa the 26th of November for an unknown period off time. Depending on how I like the country :D

I sent back my previous Oneplus one because of the touchscreen issue and ordered a new one. Do allot off you experience ghost touches, swipes and unresponsive screen? I noticed It got worse in hotter countries I really do hope that this device will not have this problem since its going to be the only bit off technology I'm taking with me.

Also what provider has the best 4G coverage over the whole country? I use Mobile Vikings here in Belgium.

I can't answer for Sydney coverage, but in Melbourne I find Optus is pretty good.

With regards to the touchscreen issue, it should be fixed in the upcoming OTA or if not, franco kernel seems to solve the problem for most people, including myself.

Have fun in Aus :)

Ziglez

Aug 15, 2014
I've had my opo for almost 2 months now, I had to switch from optus to telstra as i wasn't getting 3g where i live(Sunshine coast). The weird thing is if i'm in my house, i will only get 2g, yet with my nexus 4 i get 3g. And if i walk outside i get better reception on the opo lol. A friend also has the opo and hasn't had any issues with 4g or 3g in maryborough.

Denisuu

Nov 7, 2011
Yea I've heard that Telstra has best coverage before I think I'm going to take that. Thanks!

Yea my previous OPO was made 15/06 and it had huge touchscreen problems. When I was in Hungary or the south of France the thing would not work at all because of the warmer climate 30°C to 37°C.

But my friends there OPO's only came 2 months later and they don't have the problem at all. I thought they where just bluffing or typed really slow but I tested it myself.

So I waited for a while now in total 14 people I know have the device and of all of them only 3 had the problem they where all made before 15/07/2014 all the ones that came after where fine. So I sent mine back trough Paypal buyers protection and ordered a new one. I should have it tomorrow or the day after :D I think it was just a faulty batch and that the OTA will not solve anything for those people but I could be wrong tough.

I'm really curious what Aussie is going to be like :D 58 days left!

AJ RIMMER!

Jul 17, 2014
Sydney
Google Pixel 4 XL
In suburban Sydney, you won't really have any issues with any of the carriers (aside from the occasional black spot). Being Sydney, it will be very well covered.

I'm on the Central Coast (about 100km north of the Sydney CBD), and I get good 4G with Optus. If they will put it up here, then Sydney will be golden.

Vekhez

Sep 7, 2013
Who Cares?
Not to bump a really ols thread..

But I'm getting a OnePlus One 64GB Sandstone black shipped to me from Oppomart in the coming weeks. This means that its the Chinese version which I am totally aware of. I'll just unlock the bootloader, reflash CM11S (44S) and then TWRP and probably root and wait for 12S.

My question is has anyone had any troubles using Optus in the Chinese version of the OnePlus One? I'm currently with amaysim on their unlimited plan (5GB, unlimited calls, SMS and MMS, $44) and I'm not looking to change that, I get service on my Nexus 5 that I am currently using and it seems that the bands are compatible but before I go and order I thought I'd ask.

Thanks! :D

Heisenberg

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 29, 2011
Knocking on your door
OnePlus 9 Pro

But I'm getting a OnePlus One 64GB Sandstone black shipped to me from Oppomart in the coming weeks. This means that its the Chinese version which I am totally aware of. I'll just unlock the bootloader, reflash CM11S (44S) and then TWRP and probably root and wait for 12S.

My question is has anyone had any troubles using Optus in the Chinese version of the OnePlus One? I'm currently with amaysim on their unlimited plan (5GB, unlimited calls, SMS and MMS, $44) and I'm not looking to change that, I get service on my Nexus 5 that I am currently using and it seems that the bands are compatible but before I go and order I thought I'd ask.

You won't have any problems. The Chinese model is identical to the international model apart from one LTE band, which doesn't affect Optus coverage.

If you need a guide on unlocking your bootloader and all that I have one here:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2839471

Transmitted via Bacon

Reactions: Vekhez

Vekhez

Sep 7, 2013
Who Cares?
You won't have any problems. The Chinese model is identical to the international model apart from one LTE band, which doesn't affect Optus coverage.

Transmitted via Bacon

Aha! That's what I thought! Just thought it's better to make sure than to be sorry :p So from what I have gathered then flashing 11S via a factory image will then allow me to have full OTA functions of 11S and would be the same as the international One?

Heisenberg

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 29, 2011
Knocking on your door
OnePlus 9 Pro
Aha! That's what I thought! Just thought it's better to make sure than to be sorry :p So from what I have gathered then flashing 11S via a factory image will then allow me to have full OTA functions of 11S and would be the same as the international One?
Yeah that's right, there is a flashable CM11S ROM zip but you're better off flashing the fastboot images because this'll ensure that all your firmware is correct (which flashing the ROM zip won't do).

Transmitted via Bacon

Reactions: Vekhez

Denisuu

Nov 7, 2011
Hi guys,

I have a bit of a problem my second Oneplus broke and I'm in Australia now.

I contacted Oneplus they want to replace it and they would pick it up but not from Australia. So I either have to get it to Europe for them to pick it up. So they gave me the address to ship it myself.

I went to the DHL depot at Sydney airport they said it would cost me $150 (AUD), I'm not planning on going back to europe again and that price is crazy.

Australia Post doesn't want to ship it because it has a battery in it.

Do you guys know a cheap solution to get it either to Hong Kong or Belgium or the UK?
(I'm currently near Innisfail, Queensland)

vantt1

Dec 23, 2011

Might be bit of a late reply but here goes...

Amaysim only uses Optus' 3G network. It doesn't have 4G, so it won't be a problem! I'm on the same plan and don't have any coverage issues, but mine's a global version.

Hi guys,

I have a bit of a problem my second Oneplus broke and I'm in Australia now.

I contacted Oneplus they want to replace it and they would pick it up but not from Australia. So I either have to get it to Europe for them to pick it up. So they gave me the address to ship it myself.

I went to the DHL depot at Sydney airport they said it would cost me $150 (AUD), I'm not planning on going back to europe again and that price is crazy.

Australia Post doesn't want to ship it because it has a battery in it.

Do you guys know a cheap solution to get it either to Hong Kong or Belgium or the UK?
(I'm currently near Innisfail, Queensland)

Check out Pack & Send. They ship lithium ion batteries, and at around $40-$50 (shipping to Hong Kong's cheaper, Europe is more expensive).

Last edited:

mutanti

Jun 5, 2006
Got mine through Gearbest for $480 Australian Delivered, as soon as I got it flashed the CM11S Rom. Been working perfect for around 3 Months now. Battery is great provided I disable skype as it chews the battery. No Complaints get an easy 2 days out of battery.. So Far Fantastic..

beaver2233

Feb 19, 2011
Sydney
Hey guys I'm looking to buy a 64gb OPO, I live in Melbourne.
Whats the cheapest you guys have got it for? I found a few on eBay brand new for $500 and ships within the week

Bought mine last year during a 15 or 20% off ebay sale for about $360. Obviously the aud was way better back then which helped.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Denisuu

Nov 7, 2011
Might be bit of a late reply but here goes...

Amaysim only uses Optus' 3G network. It doesn't have 4G, so it won't be a problem! I'm on the same plan and don't have any coverage issues, but mine's a global version.

Check out Pack & Send. They ship lithium ion batteries, and at around $40-$50 (shipping to Hong Kong's cheaper, Europe is more expensive).

Thanks mate! I contacted them it's much more expensive than that. :(

Anyway I posted here hopefully anyone else knows a solution.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=3044097

Quote from Pack & Send:

Hi Dennis,

We had supplied a quote to you in response to your web estimate on 11/02/2015 @ 1500. I have reviewed this quote and the cost remains the same into Hong Kong.

We have completed an additional quote for your freight into China.

I have attached this quote for you to review. This cost always from depot in Cairns, so if you need it to be collected from a Motel/Hotel in Cairns CBD, the pick-up would be an additional $30.

Unfortunately, the cost you have suggested below ($40) that you have seen in forums is incorrect. This would be realistic for a mobile phone moving domestically, but defiantly not internationally.

Regards,

Amy Martin
PACK & SEND Cairns
Plaza 200 – 200 Mulgrave Road CAIRNS Q 4870
T: 0740 511177 | F: 0740 511911

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    G'day guys I'm from Melbourne. I ordered the One Plus One 64 GB from their site :) Forwarded through the US

Anyone know if its compatible with "Optus 4G Plus" band? Also does anyone else use Optus as their provider? If so what speeds are you getting?

Nice to see some fellow Aussies :)

I'm not using Optus personally but yes it is compatible with their 4g service.

Sent via Bacon

Transmitted via Bacon
    Yeah that's right, there is a flashable CM11S ROM zip but you're better off flashing the fastboot images because this'll ensure that all your firmware is correct (which flashing the ROM zip won't do).

Transmitted via Bacon