[Q] How to save my bricked Kindle Fire?

Search This thread

ViolaDante

Jan 24, 2014
My Kindle Fire is bricked. The problem is that the Kindle Fire cannot even TURN ON, so do not mention get connected to computer and let Kindle Fire Utility find it.

I read lots of solutions and finally I bought a factory fastboot cable, it suppose to boot the device into Fastboot, but still nothing happened to the device. The screen is still off.

So, is there any way to save this bricked Kindle Fire? Thanks soooooo much!

SwoRNLeaDejZ

Aug 13, 2013
Taunton
www.facebook.com
Are you sure its not deep sleep of death? Did you try holding the power button for at least 25 seconds and then letting go and pressing the power button again once to see if it turns on?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

jlshady00

Oct 13, 2012
Does anything happen after holding the power button down for thirty seconds, then plugging in the charger?

Sent from my SM-T210R using Tapatalk

SilviaIchigo

Feb 23, 2014
Unfortunately, no. And I've tried many times.

Where you able to figure this out? I'm in the same situation. I accidentally yanked the cable out while it was installing recovery and it just went black. I was able to turn it off....big mistake.... but can't turn it back on. I've tried using the firekit too...

jma9454

Apr 11, 2012
Seattle
Where you able to figure this out? I'm in the same situation. I accidentally yanked the cable out while it was installing recovery and it just went black. I was able to turn it off....big mistake.... but can't turn it back on. I've tried using the firekit too...

I believe you have a different problem then ViolaDante, but we'll find out.
Did you try the aforementioned attempts to recover the kindle?
(Hold down power button for >20 seconds?)
And @ViolaDante, it sounds like a battery problem.
Sometimes there are occasions where the battery drains below the required amount to make it turn on; as it is a stupid setup, there is actually a need for a small amount of battery left to turn on, even if you are wanting to charge it. I would do a search on this if I were you. I will try to find a useful post for you, but no guarantees.

SilviaIchigo

Feb 23, 2014
I believe you have a different problem then ViolaDante, but we'll find out.
Did you try the aforementioned attempts to recover the kindle?
(Hold down power button for >20 seconds?)

I have. I've tried all kinds of lengths of time and kept it plugged in overnight... nothing. What do you think could be wrong?

jma9454

Apr 11, 2012
Seattle
Last edited: