Galaxy Note 3 battery usage stock Jelly Bean 4.3 vs Kitkat 4.4.2 upgrade

Search This thread

HothTron

Mar 13, 2014
So heres some real comparison results from how my last 2 new Note 3's were behaving battery wise on KitKat vs how my 3rd replacement Note 3 battery usage is on the stock Jelly Bean 4.3 out of the box from the T-Mobile Store.

Again, the results on the KitKat battery drain was attempted to be fixed doing the following on both Note 3's I had with no change in battery draining usage. So for those of you stating I did something "wrong* or didn't "try" to troubleshoot this problem on two different brand new Note 3's can bite me, hard.

1. Cleared partition cache after Kitkat update as well as factory reset on both Note 3's on Kitkat
2. Two different SIM cards
3. Tried with and without A-Data microSD card. Did not format SD card due to large amounts of personal data.
4. Factory reset and rebuilding after Kit Kat update
5. Forcefully stopping Knox and Lookout from running in background
6. Yanked out battery and reinstalled after 3 minutes along with reseating SD card

Battery usage on T-Mobile KitKat OTA 4.4.2 update

k8ZPLY4.png

d7cyp3B.png
\

Battery drain usage on T-Mobile out of the box Jelly Bean 4.3

bZIJ85O.png

gJsWrSa.png

G

GuestX0057

So heres some real comparison results from how my last 2 new Note 3's were behaving battery wise on KitKat vs how my 3rd replacement Note 3 battery usage is on the stock Jelly Bean 4.3 out of the box from the T-Mobile Store.

Again, the results on the KitKat battery drain was attempted to be fixed doing the following on both Note 3's I had with no change in battery draining usage. So for those of you stating I did something "wrong* or didn't "try" to troubleshoot this problem on two different brand new Note 3's can bite me, hard.

1. Cleared partition cache after Kitkat update as well as factory reset on both Note 3's on Kitkat
2. Two different SIM cards
3. Tried with and without A-Data microSD card. Did not format SD card due to large amounts of personal data.
4. Factory reset and rebuilding after Kit Kat update
5. Forcefully stopping Knox and Lookout from running in background
6. Yanked out battery and reinstalled after 3 minutes along with reseating SD card
Firstly it looks obvious that something from the system is eating your battery on 4.4.2. But what looks even more weird is that the screen on time is actually BETTER on KitKat according to Gsam. If you have a look at the "average screen on time per charge" at the bottom, KitKat should be giving you about 50% more...