[Q] Stock image (.761) with full root - but no CWM - wanted

Search This thread

HansenHimself

Jun 4, 2014
Hvidovre
Hi

I'm a newbie here. I have trawled thru 100's of posts in here and elsewhere. What I seek is a stock 14.3.A.0.761 ROM with stock kernel and full root. I know there's a recipe for creating custom ROMS, however those include a CWM, which I don't want, since a recovery means you can't relock the boot loader (or so I've been led to believe browsing around on the net and in here *S*).

So: Can anyone make that with a stock NCB 6903 ROM?

Also - to PhilZ and other geniouses/superheros in here - is it possible to make a temporary ADVANCED recovery which includes gives full (or close to full) root + contain the AROMA file browser?

/Dan

eclyptos

Jun 14, 2008
Planet Earth
You trawled thru posts here, there and elsewhere and now what? You don't know a bit as you was nowhere and you did not read carefully because if you will do that, you also will know that there is not .761 rooted as the developers do not bother about a 1,8 MB update from .757 as it means they have to remake a whole ROM of 1GB just for 1,8MB.

The latest Stock Pre-Rooted ROM it's here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2711982

To get to that Pre-Rooted (full Root) Stock ROM you have to do 3 steps, Downgrade to .534, Install lates Dualrecovery then follow the instructions from the link I posted from the line How To Update to .757

All for Locked Bootloader.

About Recovery, the recovery have 3 type of recoveries implemented, CWM, Philz and TWRP, I recommend TWRP for everything you do and forget CWM even if is there.

Doing Root your warranty will not be voided. There is no other way to get Full Root on your Phone and nobody will change stuff as you like.

Just do like I said and have a nice time with your Z1.

---------- Post added at 12:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:12 AM ----------

I find something what will interest you as you looking for NCB.

This should be Pre-Rooted Files to .761.

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=53036866&postcount=58

Follow the same steps of installation like on NUT thread form the Line How to Update.

Reactions: M7ammad

gregbradley

Retired Forum Moderator
Having a recovery does not stop you Relocking the bootloader. I don't know where you have read that, I have not read that anywhere and is completely untrue

EDIT
As you have said, there are instructions to make your own 761 pre rooted rom. Just follow those. If you do not want to include recovery then don't put those files in the system folder. But it will not stop you relocking the bootloader.

But wait, if you want to relock your bootloader, that implies its unlocked already, yes?

If so, why do you need a pre-rooted 761 ROM, just update to 761, then unlock your bootloader and root the phone. Done!

Sent from my C6903 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You trawled thru posts here, there and elsewhere and now what? You don't know a bit as you was nowhere and you did not read carefully because if you will do that, you also will know that there is not .761 rooted as the developers do not bother about a 1,8 MB update from .757 as it means they have to remake a whole ROM of 1GB just for 1,8MB.

The latest Stock Pre-Rooted ROM it's here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2711982

To get to that Pre-Rooted (full Root) Stock ROM you have to do 3 steps, Downgrade to .534, Install lates Dualrecovery then follow the instructions from the link I posted from the line How To Update to .757

All for Locked Bootloader.

About Recovery, the recovery have 3 type of recoveries implemented, CWM, Philz and TWRP, I recommend TWRP for everything you do and forget CWM even if is there.

Doing Root your warranty will not be voided. There is no other way to get Full Root on your Phone and nobody will change stuff as you like.

Just do like I said and have a nice time with your Z1.

---------- Post added at 12:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:12 AM ----------

I find something what will interest you as you looking for NCB.

This should be Pre-Rooted Files to .761.

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=53036866&postcount=58

Follow the same steps of installation like on NUT thread form the Line How to Update.