Root with TowelRoot

Search This thread

Chriss123456789

Jul 9, 2012
Can I use towelroot to root my device on firmware 4.4.2 KitKat?

I don't know if it can be possible but if it is functional on 4.2.2 then must be 4.4.2 functional with towelroot, too?

androidhacker007

Mar 26, 2014
Dude it is just easier to just use the rooting toolkit farther down in the forms or use odin

Sent from my SM-T310 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

veritasaequita

Jul 6, 2009
Slidell
Dude it is just easier to just use the rooting toolkit farther down in the forms or use odin

I can't even believe I'm participating in this rediculous quote reply in a thread that is already in the wrong forum. Im not saying the toolkit is hard but are you just plain mental? have you seen how easy it is to root with towelroot? Ive yet to see an easier root method.

androidhacker007

Mar 26, 2014
I can't even believe I'm participating in this rediculous quote reply in a thread that is already in the wrong forum. Im not saying the toolkit is hard but are you just plain mental? have you seen how easy it is to root with towelroot? Ive yet to see an easier root method.

No way, Odin is easier, u put ur device into download mode then hook it up to the computer and select the right recovery file and click start. What could be easier?

---------- Post added at 08:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:50 PM ----------

If I root with the toolkit, do the binary counter or something else that count, doesn't count?

ok the only reason you would ask that is because of keeping a warranty. so what I do is if you want to root/custom rom/binary then use twrp and back up all your custom mods and tweaks and all other apps (before using odin FLASH STACK ROM WILL WIPE ALL DATA(should include binary))then use odin and flash the stock rom, for me that worked. now i dont know a device u have so it might be different. odin might have an option to reset flash counter.

GAPO

Aug 15, 2012
Yeah Towelroot was a snap. I had a few hiccups afterwards because knox wasn't disabled. So I opened supersu, and it asked if I wanted to disable it. Once I did, everything was fine.

Sent from my SM-N900P using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Chriss123456789

Jul 9, 2012
The Tab 3 Firmware doesn't include Knox, does it?
I have tried to root a Tab 3 8.0 WiFi SM-T310 and I can't root it with towelroot. It reboots every time when I click on "make it ra1n".
So why can't towelroot root it?

GAPO

Aug 15, 2012
I didn't see a Knox icon, but supersu detected and disabled it, and I kept getting the shield icon in my notifications panel.

Root is a helluva drug.....