[ROM][UB][4.4.4][TabZ][SGP-3xx][.230][OTA] Carbon Rom Unofficial {built from source}

Search This thread

Alx31

May 15, 2013
Steps are ALWAYS the same for ALL cm/aosp roms...

UNLOCK BOOTLOADER
FASTBOOT FLASH BOOT.IMG
BOOT INTO ITS RECOVERY
FULL WIPES
FLASH ROM+ GAPPS

u not into that procedure? don't ask why it doesn't work....

Essentrix

Apr 4, 2013
Samsung Galaxy A52 5G
First of all you can't flash .IMG files on recovery. .IMG files are to be flashed via fastboot through a Linux/windows computer.

You have a Pollux_windy tablet so you'll need a flashable ROM for that that you can flash in recovery.

What do you mean that tablet won't start after flashing windy?

Thx for getting back to me. To clarify; each time I flashed the img via fastboot then I reboot to system. The Sony logo comes up and that's as far as it goes...

Sent from my SGP311 using Tapatalk

Alx31

May 15, 2013
Thx for getting back to me. To clarify; each time I flashed the img via fastboot then I reboot to system. The Sony logo comes up and that's as far as it goes...

from there u boot into recovery by pressing vol+ ; but on my latest builds maybe recovery is not working, then take cm boot.img and flash my roms, then after flash, u fastboot flash again dat cm boot.img in order to get a working recovery on the rom

Essentrix

Apr 4, 2013
Samsung Galaxy A52 5G
Steps are ALWAYS the same for ALL cm/aosp roms...

UNLOCK BOOTLOADER
FASTBOOT FLASH BOOT.IMG
BOOT INTO ITS RECOVERY
FULL WIPES
FLASH ROM+ GAPPS

u not into that procedure? don't ask why it doesn't work....

Thanks for the feedback. I'm experienced in rooting a number of Asus Nexus and Samsung devices but can't seem to work it on the Xperia.
Unlocked bootloader with code from Sony
Fastboot flash boot.img using flashtools
Here's where nothing happens. I hit reboot to system. The tablet reboots to Sony logo and that's it. Goes no further.
Would appreciate any thoughts on what I'm doing wrong.
Cheers

Alx31

May 15, 2013
Thanks for the feedback. I'm experienced in rooting a number of Asus Nexus and Samsung devices but can't seem to work it on the Xperia.
Unlocked bootloader with code from Sony
Fastboot flash boot.img using flashtools
Here's where nothing happens. I hit reboot to system. The tablet reboots to Sony logo and that's it. Goes no further.
Would appreciate any thoughts on what I'm doing wrong.
Cheers

your bootloader is not unlocked...dat the only explanations i see, also u have to install flashtool at the root of your system; means at C:/ not C:/doc/bla/bla/bla and then in C:/FlashTool/drivers/ u will find an .exe , u run it as admin, and 4 boxes has to be ticked in hte driver list
flashmode
fastboot
adb drivers (for fusion3 devices)
drivers for tab z

dats it dats all...if u have "writing boot: OKAY" in flashtool log, then kernel is properly flashed

then u boot in recovery (soon as u fire up device, u hit vol+ rocker while led is purple), but as i said, my last builds have broken recoveries...

Essentrix

Apr 4, 2013
Samsung Galaxy A52 5G
Again thanks for getting back to me so quickly. :)
Flashtool is in root directory and working for all other procedures such as flashing stock ROM.
Drivers seem to be installed and working for flashmode and fastboot as Flashtool picks up the device in both modes
Used service menu to confirm the bootloader is unlocked
This might be my error - I've been flashing img as system and not getting "writing boot: OKAY"

17/003/2014 07:03:58 - INFO - Device connected in fastboot mode
17/004/2014 07:04:06 - INFO - Selected system (system.img or system.sin): C:\TemXperia\boot.img
17/004/2014 07:04:06 - INFO - Flashing selected system
17/004/2014 07:04:06 - INFO - Please check the log before rebooting into system

How to write as boot in flashtool menu?
Just realised I should flash as custom kernel... getting my head around flashtool. This should solve the problem?

---------- Post added at 07:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:07 AM ----------

from there u boot into recovery by pressing vol+ ; but on my latest builds maybe recovery is not working, then take cm boot.img and flash my roms, then after flash, u fastboot flash again dat cm boot.img in order to get a working recovery on the rom
17/033/2014 07:33:10 - INFO - Flashing selected kernel
17/033/2014 07:33:10 - INFO - sending 'boot' (8136 KB)...
17/033/2014 07:33:10 - INFO - OKAY [ 0.275s]
17/033/2014 07:33:10 - INFO - writing 'boot'...
17/033/2014 07:33:10 - INFO - OKAY [ 0.391s]
17/033/2014 07:33:10 - INFO - finished. total time: 0.665s
17/033/2014 07:33:10 - INFO - FASTBOOT Output:
sending 'boot' (8136 KB)...
OKAY [ 0.275s]
writing 'boot'...
OKAY [ 0.391s]
finished. total time: 0.665s
Yes problem is still getting back into recovery after flashing the boot.img. Should I try an earlier ROM to make it easier?

---------- Post added at 07:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:46 AM ----------

your bootloader is not unlocked...dat the only explanations i see, also u have to install flashtool at the root of your system; means at C:/ not C:/doc/bla/bla/bla and then in C:/FlashTool/drivers/ u will find an .exe , u run it as admin, and 4 boxes has to be ticked in hte driver list
flashmode
fastboot
adb drivers (for fusion3 devices)
drivers for tab z

dats it dats all...if u have "writing boot: OKAY" in flashtool log, then kernel is properly flashed

then u boot in recovery (soon as u fire up device, u hit vol+ rocker while led is purple), but as i said, my last builds have broken recoveries...

Seems to work but still cant get to recovery...obviously my bad somewhere.

Last edited:

Alx31

May 15, 2013
Seems to work but still cant get to recovery...obviously my bad somewhere.

no; your kernel is flashing ok according to your logs

get an older version of carbon; like 3 or 4 behind, extract boot.img and flash it, from there u have a working recovery and rom's zip onto ya sd card or partition. then u make required wipes, flash rom and gapps, and fastboot flash dat same boot.img u flashed before...again on top of carbon... cuz once u flash rom's zip; indeed u have kernel wich is inside with a non working recovery. u got me?

Reactions: Essentrix

Essentrix

Apr 4, 2013
Samsung Galaxy A52 5G
no; your kernel is flashing ok according to your logs

get an older version of carbon; like 3 or 4 behind, extract boot.img and flash it, from there u have a working recovery and rom's zip onto ya sd card or partition. then u make required wipes, flash rom and gapps, and fastboot flash dat same boot.img u flashed before...again on top of carbon... cuz once u flash rom's zip; indeed u have kernel wich is inside with a non working recovery. u got me?

Thanks for feedback.
Used version 5 boot.img and working a treat. Appreciate the help during my learning curve. Good to have a familiar interface again... :) Cheers

Last edited:

Alx31

May 15, 2013
Thanks for feedback.
Used version 5 boot.img and working a treat. Appreciate the help during my learning curve. Good to have a familiar interface again... :) Cheers

no prob...but keep in mind dat what i have said...have been told thousand times ;) so from now u gonna read a bit more :p

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    XzinYIT.png

Hi to all of you, Pollux/Pollux_Windy owners.
    Let me introduce CarbonRom, Unofficial: since our device is not officially supported by Carbon team. Obviously this is for UNLOCKED BOOTLOADER
    This is only my compilation, all the real work has been done by Team Carbon

This is for all Tab Z variant, please take appropriate rom for your device
    Tab Z LTE----> Pollux
    Tab Z WiFi----> Pollux_Windy

Andros11
    BigShotRob
    Bionic Beast
    dg4prez
    Kejar31
    mattmanwrx
    morfic
    nocoast
    pixeldotz
    slick_rick
    winner00
    vishal_androidfreak

The original thread is here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2137013

Team carbon's Google+ : https://plus.google.com/communities...2/stream/f82fcffc-02a6-470e-a254-e200b9f78ee5

ng76.jpg

About Carbon

CarbonRom is an aftermarket firmware based on the Android Open Source Project. We are dedicated to fast, stable, and feature-filled roms, honesty and communication with our users, and openness with our code. We like frequent builds, with the very latest and greatest hardware support and fixes. We strive to not only provide you with the best rom we can build, but also to give back to the Android community and our fellow developers. For us, this is about creating something we can be proud of and hope you will enjoy.

Please feel free to look at, build, and use our code on CarbonDev GitHub.

We would like to thank CyanogenMod for their device trees, framework/settings mods and their code that was incorporated into this project. We also extend our gratitude to the devs whose code that we have incorporated. Proper authorship has been maintained and can be viewed on our repository.

Special thanks also go to Slim Rom for some of their features, PA, AOKP, and anyone else we may have borrowed commits from that hasn't been mentioned here. If you feel you have been unfairly left out, please - let us know.

While we make every effort to test these builds as much as possible, we are not responsible for anything that may happen to your device, family, pets, or perception of reality. We ask that you do your part to know your device and know how to recover from problems before you flash! If you have questions, ask your fellow users or ask us in #teamcarbon on freenode IRC.

Features

Android 4.4.4

As of today:

This is all very much a work in progress. All features will have to be verifed

185721ezgifsave.gif

785689ezgifsave1.gif

Halo project have been abandonned by Carbon Team because its no more supported by PA Team due to bugs caused by this feature with others including Pie, Omni Switch/hover feature are here to replace it

Bugs:

Didn't have much time to test it...so
    U tell me...

And please, report with logcat or no bugs!...

disclaimer_banner.jpg

* By flashing this, you automatically void your warranty!

* If your Tablet breaks, blows up or runs away from you, do not cry to us!

* Do not ask for ETAs!!

Instructions

1. Make sure you have CWM installed and a working nandroid backup

2. Download the ROM.

3. Place the ROM on your SD-Card.

4.Extract boot.img included in zip and fastboot flash it via Flashtool or CMD

5. Reboot to recovery.

6. Wipe data-factory reset/cache partition/dalvik cache

7. Flash the ROM.

Optional- Flash GApps.

8. Reboot and Enjoy Carbon!

Support

We spend an astonishing amount of time developing this software. We can't spend much time on XDA as a result, so if you need support, please try the following:

1) Search. Search, search, search. Yes, you. I don't care how unique or important your question is, it's very likely someone has adressed it already. Especially if you're even close to new at this.

2) Read our FAQ, which can be found on our goo.im page linked above. It's new, but expanding fast. Just like us!

3) Ask a question in your device forum. Someone will no doubt try to help you. Warning: this help may come in the form of telling you it's a dumb question that has been asked before. See step 1 - such are the perils of asking questions when you haven't done the research yourself. Android is about helping yourself.

4) Join our G+ Community: http://community.carbon-rom.com This is where we spend the bulk of our time and the best way to reach us and other community members. We update and frequent this community far more than XDA, simply due to time constraints and the convenience of G+.

5) Ask a question on our IRC channel. Connect to #teamcarbon on irc.freenode.net or click here. You'll find several other Carbon fans and usually one or more devs as well. Please be polite.

Downloads

Here my AFH download folder for TabZ *all variants*

From now builds will be available for download from server here and or OTA

Pollux and Pollux_Windy builds here, take build according to your device

PA Gapps 4.4.2 thread

Banks Gapps 4.4.4 thread

OFFICIAL Carbon's CHANGELOG

Here is my changelog, up here u have Carbon's official changelog to see what's happening at sources...

Code:
     other changes will be told when i post for 
    a new update available

[U]Build 3:[/U]
    Fibers been fixed by krabappel2548
    Carbon sources updated
    repos updated

[U]Build 1&2:[/U]
    not has been released due to Carbon fibers issues (fcs) 
    and Carbon rom without fibers its like...woman without b**bs.. lolz =)

Here my github

Credits

(in no particular order)

As i already mentionned, indeed Team Carbon
    you maybe can show some support to this team by donate'em ;)

Special thanks to these guys who teached me everything =)

@percy_g2
    @x10forevers

And also many many THANKS to @krabappel2548 ...he fixed overlay issue on carbon fibers :D

Obviously CyanogenMod team,Sony and Google for: sources, repos ...

#include<iforgotyou.h>
    154898Screenshots.png

Will add more soon

fnqU9a.png
    VngKtR.png
    Next build will have lot of changes...all new .230 blobs merged from cm

after that OTA seems to work on yuga so...after next build ota updates will rollup :D

Tapatalked with Yuga
    New Pollux and Pollux_Windy builds are up

U can access them via OTA if u are on the last build with twrp...or else:

Builds available here

Changelog:

Carbon sources updated
    Repos updated

Carbon's changelog here
    Pollux (Tab Z LTE) build is up

Build 1 here