offline GPS navigation

Search This thread

_PeTiT_

Mar 1, 2010
Padova
hello mates,

anybody know if is possible (and how) to use googleMaps or googleNavigator in OFFLINE mode without internet connection?

Is possible (and how) pre-download full-area-maps or personal routes?

thanks in advance.

(my config is : nexusOne with unlocked bootloader + root permissions ON + cyanogen 5.0.7.1)

SBS_

Jul 13, 2007
Bergen
This is possible. You can use Mobile Atlas Creator :http://mobac.dnsalias.org/

and one of the supported map programs. Personally I use Maverick for this. You can choose from a wide array of different maps, including Google's. It willl only work on normal maps though, you can't do this with the turn by turn navigation that Google provides.

SBS_

Jul 13, 2007
Bergen
nothing "standard" to be used simply with GMaps or GNavigator? :(

I'm afraid not, you do get exactly the same maps though. There is a reason though Google doesn't support this; even a small country would take several GBs worth of data if you included the nearest zoom levels. You could easily fill up a 32GB microSD card, so I guess that's why it's not included as standard.

MaximReapage

May 11, 2009
Anchorage, AK
Yes and no. any route you set up to navigate will cache all street information, but not for other reason

-------------------------------------
Sent via the XDA Tapatalk App

SiNJiN76

Sep 14, 2009
Yeah, data is only need to get the route, Navigation will still work after that without data as long as you stay within the Nav's route.