Be aware of this developer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search This thread

gmonterrosa82

Aug 20, 2009
Canoga Park
Okay so I recently purchased an app on the market called "Soccer Score Centre" the developer is "Pants Software" and his website is "www.pantssoftwaree.com" So I purchased this app and it didn't quite work as it said it would. I wasn't getting goal notifications or any alerts on my nexus one. I checked other peoples comments on the market and some had the same issue. I sent developer an email letting him know it want working and he replied within a few hours about looking into the issue for me. well a week later I hadnt receive any response or fix to the issue and thats okay I understand that devs are busy but I already paid for this app and honestly i didn't feel I have gotten what I paid for.

So since this was international I couldn't refund the app and I wasn't even asking for a refund so I decided to post on the market my issue with the app so others can see, I mean I have every right to post my issue with an app and rate it how ever the hell I want on the comment are for any app so others can be aware that this is a common issue. I always respect the hard work and dedication of a dev so I never post something untrue or harshly negative. I posted this: "App since to have issues with goal alerts and notification, and its still doesn't have MLS"
thats it! nothing wrong with that....well here is the email I receive from the developer this morning:

Hi XXXX,

I see you must have gotten bored putting poor comments on other score score apps so decided to return to ours and give out your low ratings - so are you really that disappointed with EVERY football score app, if so I'd suggest that you get an iPhone or perhaps just not download any apps.

Or are you from a competitor like Bernd from Livescore said.

I've already given you a refund previously and yet you repurchased, rest assured you won't be getting another.

Regards.

First of all I don't know what hell he is talking about "competitor" or who the hell is "Bernd" but I am just a regular android user with a nexus one who downloaded this app, paid for it, didn't get his moneys worth and posted my comments on the market like everyone else does and now I get this harassing email and on top of that a few minutes after I receive this email I received about 12 spam emails from unknown sources and sites I have never heard of or signed up with and some were located in the UK, where this developer is from. So is it a coincidence I receive this angry email from him, and then I get spam emails a few minutes after all from the same location (UK)? I think not. Well I think this is BS that a developer has the right to take your email and use it for fraudulent purposes, only because he didnt like a comment about his app. I am still getting spam in my inbox and who know what else he is using my email for. Anyone know how I can report this to Google or the android team?

OnlinePredator

Feb 6, 2009
That's crazy, can't you report him to some scam watch, or spammer government set up agency? In Aus we have scamwatch.gov.au for example.

That's a massive violation to use your email to sign up for spam. What a really disturbed person they must be.

AndyCr15

Apr 27, 2005
London, UK
www.lanarchy.co.uk
Personally I would reply to him, explain what you've said here and tell him you will be looking to report him to anyone you can and bad mouth his poor customer service to anyone that will listen.

I would then change your score to 1 star and explain the developer has actually started spamming you etc.

gmonterrosa82

Aug 20, 2009
Canoga Park
I already mentioned it to him and we went back and forth on emails. very rude dev he kept saying how I bad mouth other devs and he didnt even have proof and then tried sending me a link to an android market listing where you can see your own comments and he didnt even have the right one. I was respectful to him but overall he is an a**hole with a negative 10 star rating in my books

androidant

Mar 24, 2010
I've bought this app and exchanged a number of emails with the developer and have found him to be very helpful and professional. Looking at the feedback for the app on the Market would support this - so I find it difficult to believe the OP claims. Indeed searching across XDA I can see posts from other users who have had similar good experiences with the dev.

Perhaps people should check the app feedback for themselves before reacting to any unsubstantiated claims....