[Q] Strange Question Regarding Glitch in Notification Bar

Search This thread
Aug 27, 2012
I just had a question about my notification bar having these weird artifacts on it. I doubt it's the display since it shows on the picture I posted. Any ideas or suggestions as to what it might be?

Attachments

• 2014-02-20-22-25-02.jpg
    2014-02-20-22-25-02.jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 511

Rukbat

Feb 15, 2012
Fayetteville NC
I just had a question about my notification bar having these weird artifacts on it. I doubt it's the display since it shows on the picture I posted. Any ideas or suggestions as to what it might be?
That slightly lighter area with AT&T on it and the line under it? That's the bottom of the "window shade" - the notification pulldown. You can push the notification pulldown back up from there.

Aug 27, 2012
That slightly lighter area with AT&T on it and the line under it? That's the bottom of the "window shade" - the notification pulldown. You can push the notification pulldown back up from there.

Unfortunately not quite. I was referring to those two light Grey lines on the very corner of the pull pull down bar.

Aug 27, 2012
They just mark the space between them where there might be more information sometimes. It is normal.

Explain this please, because they're two crooked barely visible lines. I don't see how this could be normal or even what it means. And although your response seemed educated I have no idea what your talking about so that doesn't really help.

Rukbat

Feb 15, 2012
Fayetteville NC
There's nothing really visible in your picture, even when I fully exppand it. The arrow seems to be pointing to the top line. So I put on my reading glasses and my 20X magnifier (the one I use for working on microcircuits) and looked at my screen. Nothing there but the top line, an area slightly less dark than the area above the line and the bottom line. If your eyes are really that much better than mine, I can borrow a good microscope from the university and look at a pixel level, but I think what you're seeing is an artifact or dirt.

Solarenemy68

Jul 28, 2009
Dallas
Explain this please, because they're two crooked barely visible lines. I don't see how this could be normal or even what it means. And although your response seemed educated I have no idea what your talking about so that doesn't really help.

Just to make sure we are on the same page here. To me it looks like your crude arrow is pointing to the thin grey line that runs across the lower part of the screen above the bolder line. There is also one at the top that is very thin like maybe 2 or three pixels at most. These are the the top and bottom boarders for the information area of the pull down. If you get a text or an app wants to upgrade you can slide the bar down and the information about the text or the app and other information will appear between the two very tiny thin lines.

At all other times there is just a big dark void area between these lines.

Now if your image is showing something else then only you can see it because as stated by another poster we see nothing out of the ordinary for any Android phone running this version of Android in that screen image.

Aug 27, 2012
Just to make sure we are on the same page here. To me it looks like your crude arrow is pointing to the thin grey line that runs across the lower part of the screen above the bolder line. There is also one at the top that is very thin like maybe 2 or three pixels at most. These are the the top and bottom boarders for the information area of the pull down. If you get a text or an app wants to upgrade you can slide the bar down and the information about the text or the app and other information will appear between the two very tiny thin lines.

Now if your image is showing something else then only you can see it because as stated by another poster we see nothing out of the ordinary for any Android phone running this version of Android in that screen image.

You may even have to as far as full brightness in a dark room. And I know it's the software because it's in the image not the lcd. I meant to circle it as well but I guess I missed that but I understand this device. I'm quite tech friendly myself so I understand how the notification bar design is. I'm not referring to the gray line that turns blue when you touch it and I'm not talking about any of the bar dividers. Nor the message and download center. I mean right in the corner there's too glitch like hash marks that actually slide up and down with it. Under the lighting I posted up there you should see it without a doubt. Also stretching the image to scale of your screen help you see it as if it was your pull down bar. Once someone sees it the hopefully we can determine what it's culprit is.

Aug 27, 2012

It's definitely there my wife even saw it. You may even have to as far as full brightness in a dark room. And I know it's the software because it's in the image not the lcd. I meant to circle it as well but I guess I missed that but I understand this device. I'm quite tech friendly myself so I understand how the notification bar design is. I'm not referring to the gray line that turns blue when you touch it and I'm not talking about any of the bar dividers. Nor the message and download center. I mean right in the corner there's too glitch like hash marks that actually slide up and down with it. I even pisted a screenie while moving it up and it travels with it as if its part of the notification bar. But i also know a glitch when i see obe. Under the lighting I posted up there you should see it without a doubt. Also stretching the image to scale of your screen help you see it as if it was your pull down bar. Once someone sees it the hopefully we can determine what it's culprit is.

Attachments

• 2014-02-21-20-42-18.jpg
    2014-02-21-20-42-18.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 74

CodeNameRedNeck

May 14, 2012
Cardboard Box
I could not see anything on my phone but when I looked at it on my pc I could see what I think he is talking about. There are actually three lines that I see running on a slant, one of the lines runs through the "AT&T" on the bottom of the screen.

hapticxchaos

Aug 10, 2012
I think I see it too. Its so faint I had to zoom in just to see the pixel differences. Id reccomend a facotry reset, and if the issues persistent, perhaps a ROM install, and if not, a warranty exchange.

Aug 27, 2012
20X head mag + 10X mag swingup. Dark room. Full brightness. Nothing.

If could be an artifact on your LCD.

I wish I could believe that, but why does the artifact travel with the notification bar as I pull it back up and away? And that spot/issue doesn't appear anywhere else on the screen and also it doesn't appear on the same spot screen wise as to where it ends up on the notification bar. This can't possibly make any sense to an lcd. Lol. Any suggestions? And I apologize that you can't see it. It's just a photo you should see it. It shows up on any device viewing the image.

Aug 27, 2012
I think I see it too. Its so faint I had to zoom in just to see the pixel differences. Id reccomend a facotry reset, and if the issues persistent, perhaps a ROM install, and if not, a warranty exchange.

Thank you so much. I'm glad you were able to. What I don't understand is I've never in my years of experience with these devices I've never ever seen an image issue like that that actually moves with the bar as if it's a part of it. I've tried resets to no avail. And if it was hardware you'd see it one everything of that color in that same spot but it doesn't have a designated spit other than the Corner of that notification bar. Strange and I'm at a loss of words. And Romming isn't an option, this device has too many security features to warrant a trial and error theory just to see.