[20-Dec-11] XDA Toolbar for Chrome v1.7

Search This thread

Archer

Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Senior Mod
Jul 9, 2008
Manchester
Google Pixel 8 Pro
The XDA Toolbar Chrome Extension has now been published on the Chrome Web Store.

Features
  • Hide signatures, either all, none, or user-by-user.
  • Toggle thread posts full size or minimal.
  • Limit image size to 200x200, 300x300 or 400x400 or custom a amount of pixels max (can then be toggled original and reduced).
  • Shrink/expand toolbar to keep it out of the way of normal activities.

Please post any feedback, requests, questions or bug reports and I'll get back to you.

Please Note: The current extension only works on the XDA 2010 scheme. Making it work for XDA Classic is one of the things to do in the future.

attachment.php

Download the Chrome Extension here

Future Plans
  • Convert and test in Firefox, as per the previous version.
  • Add a "go to top" button to take you to the top of the forum or thread.
  • Add an optional confirmation to the thanks button for those of us who sometimes click it when we mean to click the quote button!
  • Add an option so you can see who's signatures you are hiding and be able to stop hiding without having to find a post.
  • Add an option to automatically pad posts to make them tall enough for the info box on the left (some flags end up in the post below, with or without signatures).
  • Add an option to show "basic" stripped-down posts.
  • Add a bookmarks menu so that you can bookmark forums and threads in the toolbar rather than your browser.

SigToggle Users
Users who have the previous "Signature Toggle" extension installed, please uninstall it before using the XDA Toolbar as the two will conflict. You can do this by going to tools, extensions and removing the old version.

Unfortunately, in an effort to future-proof the settings made with the toolbar the old settings are now incompatible, so you will now see any signatures that you had previously hidden. This will not happen with future versions.

Known issues
Youtube vids are still sitting over the toolbar sometimes.
None of the updates that the toolbar performs take place after replying to a thread.

Changelog

v1.7
Added "Jump to top of page" button.
Added hints to toolbar buttons.

v1.6
Fixed issue where signature options were not persisting.

v1.5
Added custom image size for people who don't like the default 200, 300, 400 options.
Added some Christmas decoration that can be toggled on and off.

v1.4
Made the image resize button only appear when the mouse is over the image.
Fixed issue where signatures weren't hidden if there are attachments in the post.

v1.3
Added toggle toolbar button.

v1.1.5
Converted to toolbar.
Added hide/display all signatures, as well as toggle selected.
Hidden signatures are indicated next to user name.
Added thread options - minimize all posts, maximize all posts, maximum image size (200, 300, 400px or original size).
Small images can be toggled original/small.

Attachments

• screenshot-smaller.jpg
    screenshot-smaller.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 2,118
Last edited:

M_T_M

Troll King & Retired Señor Mod - I Regret Nothing!
Apr 14, 2009
Texas
Not sure if troll or just installed a trojan on me PC :confused:

M_T_M

Apr 14, 2009
Texas
WHAT SORCERY IS THIS?
images

Funny thing...it does not work on your signature :eek: hence the statement above ;)

M_T_M

Apr 14, 2009
Texas
I want to be sure about it before posting it somewhere more public, hence the request for testers.

I'm actually thinking of making it a general XDA extension with lots of other options, but I'll see how this goes first.

Ok, ok, ok...................it only works on specific posts. E.G: I just toggled your signature (no homo) on your last post but in the OP nothing happened :confused:

Archer

Jul 9, 2008
Manchester
Google Pixel 8 Pro
Last edited:

Archer

Jul 9, 2008
Manchester
Google Pixel 8 Pro
One other thing maybe u could look into is, make it not have to scroll up to the top of the page when u toggle it... ;)

Also need on for firefox ;)

The scrolling IS very annoying, and I did a quick attempt to try and fix it but ended up not really caring enough, for now. It's on the list.

Firefox is a different story. I've not even looked at Firefox addons/extensions, but I think they're javascript, so I should just be able to use the script that the Chrome one uses. I just inject it into the page differently.

Anyway, the extension's been updated now to fix the issue with it not getting rid of my sig in the first post. Just download and install it over the existing one.

BeerChameleon

Aug 21, 2008
Tucson,Arizona.
The scrolling IS very annoying, and I did a quick attempt to try and fix it but ended up not really caring enough, for now. It's on the list.

Firefox is a different story. I've not even looked at Firefox addons/extensions, but I think they're javascript, so I should just be able to use the script that the Chrome one uses. I just inject it into the page differently.

Anyway, the extension's been updated now to fix the issue with it not getting rid of my sig in the first post. Just download and install it over the existing one.

New version works superbly!!!! :D

Just that scrolling is driving me bananas LOL :eek:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The XDA Toolbar Chrome Extension has now been published on the Chrome Web Store.

Features
    • Hide signatures, either all, none, or user-by-user.
    • Toggle thread posts full size or minimal.
    • Limit image size to 200x200, 300x300 or 400x400 or custom a amount of pixels max (can then be toggled original and reduced).
    • Shrink/expand toolbar to keep it out of the way of normal activities.

Please post any feedback, requests, questions or bug reports and I'll get back to you.

Please Note: The current extension only works on the XDA 2010 scheme. Making it work for XDA Classic is one of the things to do in the future.

attachment.php

Download the Chrome Extension here

Future Plans
    • Convert and test in Firefox, as per the previous version.
    • Add a "go to top" button to take you to the top of the forum or thread.
    • Add an optional confirmation to the thanks button for those of us who sometimes click it when we mean to click the quote button!
    • Add an option so you can see who's signatures you are hiding and be able to stop hiding without having to find a post.
    • Add an option to automatically pad posts to make them tall enough for the info box on the left (some flags end up in the post below, with or without signatures).
    • Add an option to show "basic" stripped-down posts.
    • Add a bookmarks menu so that you can bookmark forums and threads in the toolbar rather than your browser.

SigToggle Users
    Users who have the previous "Signature Toggle" extension installed, please uninstall it before using the XDA Toolbar as the two will conflict. You can do this by going to tools, extensions and removing the old version.

Unfortunately, in an effort to future-proof the settings made with the toolbar the old settings are now incompatible, so you will now see any signatures that you had previously hidden. This will not happen with future versions.

Known issues
    Youtube vids are still sitting over the toolbar sometimes.
    None of the updates that the toolbar performs take place after replying to a thread.

Changelog

v1.7
    Added "Jump to top of page" button.
    Added hints to toolbar buttons.

v1.6
    Fixed issue where signature options were not persisting.

v1.5
    Added custom image size for people who don't like the default 200, 300, 400 options.
    Added some Christmas decoration that can be toggled on and off.

v1.4
    Made the image resize button only appear when the mouse is over the image.
    Fixed issue where signatures weren't hidden if there are attachments in the post.

v1.3
    Added toggle toolbar button.

v1.1.5
    Converted to toolbar.
    Added hide/display all signatures, as well as toggle selected.
    Hidden signatures are indicated next to user name.
    Added thread options - minimize all posts, maximize all posts, maximum image size (200, 300, 400px or original size).
    Small images can be toggled original/small.
    I thought I read somewhere in this thread that Firefox was supported?

Firfox was supported at first, but that support ended, sadly.

Firefox support will be back, this weekend if all goes well. I aim to get a couple of bugs and a few extra features in this week and then publish it over the weekend.

Watch this space ;)
    Amazing job, thanks for sharing with us.

Can we have an option to hide annoying pics from trolls, you know who i mean:D

What sourcery is that?!?

what-sorcery-is-this.jpg
    Hey Archer. It seems I can't hide signatures anymore. Must be something with the addition of that fugly new theme. I am on the 2010 one though. Debug that **** yo.

Sorry - I missed this. I'm doing some work on it at the minute so I'll check that out.
    Slight update - there'll be more this weekend. It should either automatically update next time you start Chrome (if it's not already), or you may need to go to tools -> extensions -> update extensions now.