4 digit pass problem

Search This thread

Robert_Plant

Sep 6, 2010
Hello! when i installed swype keyboard on my htc hd2 after restarting when i write my 4 digit code nothing happens. I don't want to lose my contacts and I'm not doing hard reset

Please help me.

freshli

Jul 21, 2008
so you do have a big problem now, because you would first have to remove your phone lock before installing swype. swype setup is changing the user information of your device. so you are locked out now.
what to do now without flashing new rom i dont know. maybe someone else can help you with this problem.

but the problem with swype changing the user info is known. so you had to read more carefull.

look @ this thrad: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=681004&highlight=swype

Last edited:

Wilco

Feb 23, 2007
Utrecht
Try Try and Try again

Well,

Yiour other possibility is to keep on trying. Your passkey is hashed with user information.
If installation of software changed user information, you will need to try and find a combination resulting in the same hash value(very slim possibility, almost impossible)

Other option: Hard Reset..

I know ths doe not help, but these are the possibilities AFAIK

adzman808

Jan 4, 2010
i've been caught out by this... i didn't read... i THINK also swype has f-ed up my email a/c before now as well... i think you'll have to hard reset...

IMHO swype is best installed almost immediately on a new ROM/reset ROM, before any other installtions, account set up & ESPECIALLY password set up...

yes - i swore a lot too, when this dawned on me..

ALSO - you must disable your phone lock password (not SIM lock) when UNINSTALLING swype as the same thing will happen - this caught me out too!!

HTH?